Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] cheap personal loan in irish market

Options
  • 23-07-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Could some one suggest lowest interest rate for personal loan?
    i am looking at 20k euro for 4 years..without loan protection

any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Bargains, probably best here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

..without loan protection

Payment protection is one of the biggest rip offs there is. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

Yeah stay clear of payment protection its a rip off. Tesco.ie do good personal loan rates and good after sales care too.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i m not sure but i think tesco loan is for ulster bank account holders only.
    Deadalus wrote:
    Yeah stay clear of payment protection its a rip off. Tesco.ie do good personal loan rates and good after sales care too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

wasim21k wrote:
    i m not sure but i think tesco loan is for ulster bank account holders only.

AFAIK they are available to all (subject to the usual T&C's). They are arranged by Ulster Bank however, and the helpline support is provided by Ulster Bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Mortmain

Ulster Bank have the lowest personal loan rate on the market for personal loans over 12k. 6.3% over 4 years it will cost €470.83 per month without pp. Snag is, to get the rate you need to have a U-First current account which has a maintenance fee of €9 per month. In your case, it would probably still be cheaper to go this route than go to another lender, perhaps with the exception of Tesco - I'm not sure what their rates are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Maybe I'm too late - but First Active have good rates for loans.
    See www.moneyguideireland.com

Advertisement