Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window Washer

• 23-07-2007 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I used to have Window Washer installed when I had XP, it's a great little app that deletes all your cookies (bar those you want to keep) and all the offline files etc etc everytime you close IE or Firefox. It doesnt work under vista however.

Anyone know of a similar App that works well under vista?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Yes.

Crap Cleaner is pretty much all you need for that sort of maintenance.

http://filehippo.com/download/751ed68330a1fa7712035248d9aebaab/download/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I don't know if I'd be installing any software to do this, it's a very simple operation in either IE or firefox to delete everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

MooseJam wrote:
    I don't know if I'd be installing any software to do this, it's a very simple operation in either IE or firefox to delete everything

Incidentally IE keeps an index.dat file which tracks ever site you ever visited and is not deleted by the "Delete browsing history" option.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index.dat

Anyone can easily view this file and look at every site you ever visited, it is particularly irksome to delete without using custom programs to do so.

Also we get infested with tracking cookies as we surf, but we like to keep the useful ones which save us time. Using IE's delete cookies function does not allow us to specify what to delete and what to keep. A custom program however does and just deletes the crap.

Inqui

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

you convinced me :), tried that program seems pretty good, it's amazing how much stuff is recorded all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

MooseJam wrote:
    you convinced me :), tried that program seems pretty good, it's amazing how much stuff is recorded all over the place

Exactly. If it was such a simple process there would be no need for people to make this software. Yes you can do it yourself but it can take hours depending on what you are doing. With this it's a couple of minutes maximum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement