Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Airrifle licence to Rimmy.

Options
  • 24-07-2007 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I want to change my airrifle for a rimmy. Just wondering does anyone know whats involved. Do i have to sell my air rifle and do i then have to reaply for a licence for the rimmy. Should i get the rimmy licence easily enough because i'm already on the system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I want to change my airrifle for a rimmy. Just wondering does anyone know whats involved. Do i have to sell my air rifle and do i then have to reaply for a licence for the rimmy. Should i get the rimmy licence easily enough because i'm already on the system?

If you want to substitute then you have to either have sold the air rifle and have proof that it is now licenced by someone else or else held by a dealer.

You should then be able to substitute the firearms under section 11 of the 1964 firearms act.

The other alternative would be to apply for a new licence and continue to hold the air rifle as well.

And why did you post this thread three times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭rabbit Stew

Cheers for the input. As regards the triple posting, i think it was a combination of impatience, poor network connection and the shakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cheers for the input. As regards the triple posting, i think it was a combination of impatience, poor network connection and the shakes.

Boards have been terrible trouble for me in work the
    last few days. Keep getting timeouts failed to connect and
    the boards server taking too long to respond. Its only the boards.ie
    all other sites are fine.
    Out of any boards/fourms I have ever been on the boards.ie have
    been the slowest and most frustrating to work with.

I reckon you should keep the Air-rifle and just buy a Rimmy too.
    Its only an extra 38 Euros for the year and you can always get rid
    of one at a later date if your sure you dont want the airrifle anymore.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Interesting but I recently applied for my rifle licence (for my recently purchased CZ452 .22WMR :D ). Anyway on the phone to my local Garda who when I told him I already had a licence (I meant for a shotgun) thought I was looking to apply for a second rifle licence (I'm not, tis my first time...I'm nervous :p ) and he quickly informed me:
    "I'll tell you one thing now, you'll need a very good reason for applying for a subsequent rifle licence, for the superintendent to approve it"

When I kindly clarified the situation informing him twas my first application he said "ah that's fine so"... Let us pray he was right :rolleyes: and I don't get any hassle, I must say though never had any before and my shotgun licence had a fairly quick turn around way back when. Of course that was different cause I already had the gun (my fathers)... time passes much more slowly when you are waiting for it !!!

Advertisement