Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe Please!

• 24-07-2007 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a definitive strawberry cheesecake recipe thats easy enough to make?

Im not known for my desert making skills and I want to surprise my other half with my work.

Any help gratefully received! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Trotter wrote:
    Has anyone got a definitive strawberry cheesecake recipe thats easy enough to make?

Im not known for my desert making skills and I want to surprise my other half with my work.

Any help gratefully received! :)

A desert you say... wellllll... take an area 2 to 3 times the size of Ireland.. cover it with sa... oh.. I get ya.. ;)

I used to do my cheesecakes with a popular soft cheese and some flavoured jellies.. with some digestive biscuits and melted butter for the base.. but it's been a while - I'm sure you'll get much better advice than this..

I'm guessing you're looking for a cold rather than a baked recipe if you want something to whip together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Here's a great recipe that Iv done many times, and i have to say baked cheesecake is the way to go.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/89/Cheesecake-Plain-New-York-Style

Just substitute the graham crackers with digestives, and use Philadelphia for the cream cheese.

Take note of the oven temps and times and cooling method, and follow them closely and you should have a awesome baked cheesecake.

Oh and for the topping ? , lidl/aldi do a strawberry sauce which works perfect.

Good luck.

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Irish Wolf wrote:
    A desert you say... wellllll... take an area 2 to 3 times the size of Ireland.. cover it with sa... oh.. I get ya.. ;)

Excellent.. I dont mind doing the baked one or the one where I just leave it set! I'll try both.

Im sure I'll improve my dessert skills and my spelling skills :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

The back of the Philedelphia packet ( wrapped in paper not plastic tub) has a recipe on it thats sooo easy and delicious every time, no cooking involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Dreamer 7 wrote: »
    The back of the Philedelphia packet ( wrapped in paper not plastic tub) has a recipe on it thats sooo easy and delicious every time, no cooking involved :)
    I agree the one on the back of the philadelphia packet is perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement