Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sdcc

Options
  • 24-07-2007 1:41am
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

So, guess where I'm off to tomorrow?

Anyone been before and have any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

sit down and go through the exhibitors list and program schedule and make sure you get to see everything you want to see. Cus its 4 days you do think ah sure I'll see it/them tomorrow and next thing you know its sunday evening and you've missed something you want to see. Head to panels early they fill up fast [plus place is huge you might have a bit of a walk] and also keep an ear out for time chanages, its really annoying to head to a panel to find it started already.

also if you have time check the artists website as some will be sitting at different tables at certain times or different days. I know flight 4 has something like 4 tables this year but alot of the artists in this volume also have their own personnal tables in the small press pavilion or have other books they are promoting so will be moving around to different tables. All the big publishers should have pretty clear signing schedule posted some where.

as I'm not heading this year so I haven't look at the programe guide but I'm pretty sure there's a panel for too much coffee man the opera again....really worth checking out. And have fun! i'd rec some good eating places but I honestly don't think i could remember where they are.

almost forgot - if you do your own zines - make up a pile and trade them - american cons are great for trades. If you don't do your own comics bring lots of cash :P .....also an empty bag to put your comics in....last two US cons I attended I had to buy another bag for all the books I got lol

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

If anyone is interested, my photos of the first 2 days are here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/karlmonaghan/sets/72157601027939416/

It's absolutely insane - too much for anyone person to see.

I got to say hello to Warren Ellis and see Kevin Smith so I a happy little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

did u go along to the Image Founders Panel by any chance? bunch of my friends were disappointed by it - thou i think they went along expecting a Liefeld/McFarlane punch up lol

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Nope. I went to Stargate SG-1, the butt end of one on a new Spider-man series that was on before Neil Gaimen, J.H. Williams, Penny Arcade, Kevin Smith and Warren Ellis. We had a look at the queues for Family Guy, Galactica and Joss Wheldon and just walked away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 M. Sean McManus

Nuts. I wish I checked this board before I went. I would have given you a sweet deal on all our comics. I was at booth #930 all weekend so I didn't see any of the panels. Looks like you had fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement