Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got my 360, impressions

• 24-07-2007 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Thought id make a thread, as theres alot of threads talking about problems, but im pretty happy with mine. Tis my birthday today, and when i came home from the shops i find a 360 on the table with 3 gameds and a play and charge kit :D:D COuldnt believe it!

My da got it in Smyths, and it came it GOW. Forza 2, and Superman (not great, but i know ill probably find myself playing through it!) play and charge kit, loyalty card and 10E of vouchers. A good alternative to the one in Xtravision. I also have posters to look at Smyths other 400E offers if anyones interested, ill post!

Have to say the whole package is great! Dashboard is really cool, and i like how you can turn it on with the contorller! The d-pad was a lil bit stiff at first but its fine now. Games look great (cept Superman, but still happy with the games i got) and the audio is amazin, and im not even using a HD setup or surround sound!

Also i didnt find it to be as noisy as people said it is! NOt loud at all to me, loud as the original xbox.

Quite nervous about where im leaving it though, in a cabinet type thing, there a good bit of room at the back of it though, and its also ot a high roof and i play with the dors open so hopefully it wont be any hassle!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Nice gift indeed :D

I have my facing me backwards so theres no enclosure. Also get xbox live for the ultimate gaming experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

i was thinkin about havin it backwards, but hat would make changin games a bitch, and does that not get in the way of the infa red?

Will set up live next month when i come home from holidays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Nope, the controllers will go through anything. I went outside with the controller and it still works!

Also http://www.play-asia.com you can get region free games for 35 quid in full english!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Stephen! wrote:
    and does that not get in the way of the infa red?

No, the infra red is just for the dvd remote. Pads use a wifi type connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you have broadband, set up XBox Live and grab Castlevania Symphony of the Night....

• Advertisement

I have broadband with BT i think, or else UTV, but my computer uses the ethernet connection, so will live take the usb connection one?

Cool, might turn the 360 around to help with cooling so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Stephen! wrote:
    I have broadband with BT i think, or else UTV, but my computer uses the ethernet connection, so will live take the usb connection one?

Cool, might turn the 360 around to help with cooling so!

No,but you could just buy another ethernet cable.
    Have fun with your 360 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the 360 comes with an ethernet cable., your modem should have a spare socket in it but depends how your set up and what you have., if your modem doesnt have a spare socket you can add a router to it and either connect wirelessly or run a cable straight to the console.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

Stephen! wrote:
    and im not even using a HD setup or surround sound!

when you do invest in a decent hd telly, you will really be amazed by how much it enhances the graphics!

start saving! well worth it imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is it worth hanging on for the elite edition?

• Advertisement

I was told we're gettin HD Tv's when SKy gets more HD channels.

And i dunno if its worth hanging on, its very expensive, and do you really need that much space on your HDD? Or do you have a HDMI input on yer TV?

What i also found cool about the 360 was i can use my Zen with it, so I dont need to waste space by putting songs on my HDD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Whether to wait for the elite? It depends on your tv really. Are the VGA and component inputs good? If so then you're not really gaining anything by waiting for the elite. VGA will work very well for the 360 at 720p as will component. I'd only recommend the elite if you were looking to do 1080p over hdmi.

The bigger question is whether to wait for the new hardware revision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Regarding the cabinet issue, I just drilled a huge hole in the back of the cabinet mine is in behind the 360 just to be sure. And I open the doors whenever I am playing also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got my 360 last weekend. I got Gears of War, PGR3 and Dead Rising, all second hand. GoW is great fun, PGR3 is OK (nice graphics, but its like driving through a glass tunnel), and Dead Rising is great (but looks like a PS2 game).

I'm getting most value out of Castlevania (new console to play a 10 year old game.... heh).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

I swapped my 360 for a scrambler..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I have a 720p HD tv with a HDMI input as well. I'm not sure why I would need a 120gb harddrive for an xbox, unless there's some hd tv shows or movies that can be downloaded...

So I can get an equally good hd pic on my tv with the vga component cable? Does this come with the X box premium or do I have to buy it separately?

Considering the price of the X box bundle in Xtravision, the elite version is looking a little overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

component comes as standard, vga is extra, about €30 or cheaper if bought off adverts.

MS will be launching their videomarket place here soon, but if you're on capped broadband it won't be too much use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Remains to be seen how much content we'll get in Europe too, it can be quite difficult to licence stuff here.

There are rumours of a $50 pricedrop for the 360 in the US (drop is rumoured for next month in time for Madden).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

TmB wrote:
    I got my 360 last weekend. I got Gears of War, PGR3 and Dead Rising, all second hand. GoW is great fun, PGR3 is OK (nice graphics, but its like driving through a glass tunnel), and Dead Rising is great (but looks like a PS2 game).

I'm getting most value out of Castlevania (new console to play a 10 year old game.... heh).

are you palying on a SDTV? Cause dead rising looks nowhere NEAR a ps2 game in full HD, its a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

0ubliette wrote:
    are you palying on a SDTV? Cause dead rising looks nowhere NEAR a ps2 game in full HD, its a thing of beauty
    And what really makes it a next gen title is the shear number of zombies in the locations, I haven’t seen so many zombies since the last sale in Dunnes Stores!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement