Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beach on a horse

• 24-07-2007 8:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭

[Posted this in another thread but thought it may fit here as well...]

I was out on Donabate beach earlier this morning, trying to get a bit of kiting done amongst all this crazy weather of late.

The beach was quiet enough, most prolly due to the weather being less than ideal - a couple of people out for their early morning walking exercises, and 4 horse riding folks. It was nearly low tide so their was plenty sand. Wind prolly 20km/h - not too sure.

I'm quite conscious of the dangers involved in power kiting, not just to the kite flyer, but also to third parties, and that's why I have suitable insurance in place. Most kite flyers have experienced the unleashed dogs going berserk at the funny thing in the sky, and the totally oblivious pedestrians walking under the lines, to mention but a few. Anyway, so I drove a fair distance down the beach to a suitable spot with no one in near sight and got going.

Low-and-behold, one of the horse riders either thought that their horse was somehow immune to "kite fright", or else simply didn't notice me being dragged down the beach by a 5.5m2 piece of cloth in the sky. Either way, next thing you know this hysteric women is standing beside her prancing horse and yelling obscenities at me; "Land that fcuking kite, you fcuking b@st@rd!".:eek:

I politely landed the kite, and waited for them to leave.

My point is this:

The beach belongs to everyone and to no-one. Kite flyers have just as much right to do their thing on the beach as do horse riders, or anyone else for that matter. Please do not think that for some or other reason you own the beach or the right to be there. A little courtesy costs nothing but goes a long way.

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

the fffing snobby whhhor !!!

i hope you explained you have a right to be there to her as well as anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There's no harm in checking it out, but I'm nearly sure that horse riding in actually not allowed on most beaches in Fingal.

Then again you prob don't want to antagonise someone over the finer points when she is bending your ear.

Advertisement