Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo Zetec Window switches

Options
  • 24-07-2007 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and Lassies.

Quick question. Gave my brother a loan of my car over the weekend and got it back yesterday. He called me out and said something happened, which made me go a tad white.

Anyway all that was wrong is the electric window switch on the drivers side is out of its holder. The controls are still working fine but I'd like to get it back into the armrest. Anyone know how to? I don't want to pay a garage money for something that i'd say is fairly simple. She's a 03 zetec, so its the 4 window control switch

The car is due a service soon anyway, so if it's not as simple as i would think it's no biggie, but like i said, i'd prefer to do it my self

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Keith K

hi i have 2001 mondeo, you need to take the little blanker cap out from behind the silver inside door handle and same from theinside mirror cover(tweezers is best)
    then unscrew the screws they were hiding
    then slide a credit card or bankers card into the coin holder thingy beside the window switches to pop out the inner of it( its the part that you put your fingers into to pull door closed when your in car)
    unscrew this now showing screw

once that tricky part is over just unscrew the 4 or 5 screws around the perimeter of the door card
    then lift door card off and push window swicth back into its holder

i had to take off all my door insides to put in replacement speakers about a month and found out how to do that on an auto electrician website offering advice

if you paid someone to do that youd get sick!!!!!

i can put pictures up if you dont know where blankers are etc(they're the black caps )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Keith K, thanks for that!!, will give it a try this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Keith K, your a legend!! Started about 30 mins ago, all reseated remounted and re screwed now. As you said, paying to get that done would be a killer!!

Virtual beer on it's way to ya!!

Cheers again

Advertisement