Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN (RAS) Not answering call

Options
  • 24-07-2007 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hopefuly someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a machine sitting on an ISDN line configured to accept incoming connections (Win XP Pro). I have set the MSN on the machine but it simply wont answer when I call the number. I have used an ISDN monitoring tool (installed on PC) and I can see the imcoming call but the call is not answered. I can dial out fine from the PC, all loopback tests work on both B1 and B2. Do I need to send extra iniatilisation commands to the ISDN modem? Any have the same problems!?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

What ISDN hardware are you using? Unless the ISDN adapter has some kind of analog modem (in either hardware or software) it won't be able to accept incoming calls from a POTS (non-ISDN) line. For example, you won't be able to dial into it from a regular analog modem on another machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 csniper

You could get yourself an old Cisco 803 Router on ebay-they always sell fairly cheaply and get networking without the hassle.

Advertisement