Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ATHEIST - Unquestionable Presence (lost gems page)

• 24-07-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Listened to this a bit over the weekend, what a great album really fantastic musicianship and the vocals work well too. Certainly a few years ahead of their time. Started a poll here a while back on best death metal albums and I totally forgot this one - I would rank it up there as one of the best.

Any other lost gems that you guys have dug up recently in extreme or death metal??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

ok spelling mistake ATHIEST sorry!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's certainly an astounding album. Not sure what else I can say about it that hasn't been said before.

I also really like Elements, their 3rd album. I assume you've heard that?

no never, Atheist kinda fell down between the cracks with me and my friends when I was big into death metal in the early 90s, we all heard of them but not too many copies around Clare!!!

Autopsy were also a decent band some of their lyrics were hilarious.

Next lesson we'll move on to the letter B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah, get yourself a copy of Elements fast, aswell as Piece Of Time.

Never listened to Autopsy myself tbh with you.

I dunno whether to recommend them or not Mental Funeral is up there rated highly , personally I like Severed Survival. The lyrics are quite brutal - combine Carcass with CCorpse but alot cleverer and funny. The drummer was the singer and he just smashed those cymbals and roared like a lunatic.. on second thoughts check em out !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You had the name right the first time. And yeah, awesome band, so proud to have seen them at their last European show ever. I used to like Unquestionable Presence best, but I'm not sure about it, having listened to Piece of Time and Elements more. Incredible albums all of them, landmark stages in metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Piece of Time and Unquestionable Presence are absolutely amazing, always have time to listen to them.
    Saw them at Graspop this on something like their 2nd last show ever and they were fantastic. Kelly Schaefer is an endlessly enjoyable frontman and Tony Choy :eek:
    Gonna miss this band, but delighted I got to see them. Opened with Unquestionable Presence and I remember a closing stretch of something like Psychic Saw, Piece of Time and Mother Man. Great stuff.

Advertisement