Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think?

• 24-07-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I am buying a present for my bf (27) and just wondering what game to buy!

I know that it would depend on his taste so the games that he already has and likes are:

Fifa 06
    Godfather
    Gears of war... and that is it!!

So just want your opinon on this game... http://www.cdwow.ie/detail_results_3.php?product_code=1855403

Or would you suggest any another games??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah, its a pretty cool game

though id get it here

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-15-darkness-70-21qi.html

that'll work and be €20 cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I liked The Darkness, but opinions seem to be mixed.

Rainbow Six: Vegas is a good game, and also cheap on Play-Asia.
    Play-Asia are an online store in Hong Kong. Some games for the Xbox 360 are "region free" so they can be played on a 360 in any country. Not all games are though, but you can see which ones are here:
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-49-en.html
    (Ignore the first few page, it's all stuff that isn't out yet)

They work out cheaper than buying in the shop here, sometimes by a lot.
    If you're buying stuff worth $50 (or more) let me know and I can send you a free code I have that gives you $5 off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

koneko wrote:
    I liked The Darkness, but opinions seem to be mixed.

Rainbow Six: Vegas is a good game, and also cheap on Play-Asia.
    Play-Asia are an online store in Hong Kong. Some games for the Xbox 360 are "region free" so they can be played on a 360 in any country. Not all games are though, but you can see which ones are here:
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-49-en.html
    (Ignore the first few page, it's all stuff that isn't out yet)

They work out cheaper than buying in the shop here, sometimes by a lot.
    If you're buying stuff worth $50 (or more) let me know and I can send you a free code I have that gives you $5 off.

Cool thanks for that.. I haven't checked the play site yet but do you know if they take laser? Do not and can not use a credit Card:rolleyes: !!

No, they wouldn't take laser, you'd probably have to get a 3V card if you have a problem with credit cards then.

The Darkness is 60 euro in Smyths I believe. Rainbow 6 Vegas is probably a bit cheaper by now (and maybe cheaper again secondhand).

Thanks Koneko I will check them out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Is he into cars at all?

Forza Motorsport 2 is an excellent racing sim and Colin Mc Rae Dirt is good off road racer.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Is he into cars at all?

Forza Motorsport 2 is an excellent racing sim and Colin Mc Rae Dirt is good off road racer.

Yea I was looking at the Colin Mc Rae one but I haven't got a clue if he's into the car games... I usually walk out of the room when he turns the xbox on!!

This is why I bought myself a game!! ;):D;) Now he has to put up with me trying to figure out how to play a game!! It'll drive him mental:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I loved the Darkness and thought R6: Vegas was, well... not at all FUN...
    It's a game that seems to have a massive split of opinions on it though, so I couldn't wholeheartedly recommend it even though I thought it was brilliant.

Forza 2 is good but very anal, it's all a bit too serious for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rainbow Six Vegas might be the better option unless you are sure he wants the Darkness. There is a bit of a split in opinions about the Darkness, I didn't like it myself, while Rainbow Six Vegas in widely accepted as being a great game by everyone other than people with no taste like tman :p

Oh, and Viva Pinata. You'll love it, and your boyfriend will probably pretend to hate it but when you're not around he'll play it and secretly love it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's no shame in loving Viva Pinata. He'll be more of a man if he admits it.

Anyway Gears of War is by far the 'gayest' game of the last 10 years. I'd be worried about that more than Viva Pinata :)

I think I would have liked Gears of War if it had a scene like the elevator scene in Big Trouble in Little China:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

If he likes shooters, F.E.A.R is an absolutley great game! And bloody scarey too with the lights off and you have a good sound system!

Why dont you casually bring up the subject of games, Manhunt 2 being banned is one i got my friend on, and then saying sure you play games like that etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

As a new xbox360 owner - I'm must admit that I am partial to a bit of "pick up and play" Crackdown...

Advertisement