Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

voda uk rtg, using divert for incoming calls in eire

• 24-07-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Right Lads.

I got a pay to go voda uk number but over here now, Can I divert all incoming calls to another number and avoid the nasty roaming charges....?!

doesnt seem to work at all........cnuts.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i didn't think there were roaming costs between the uk and ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

MiCr0 wrote:
    i didn't think there were roaming costs between the uk and ireland

Course there are.

legs11 wrote:
    Right Lads.

I got a pay to go voda uk number but over here now, Can I divert all incoming calls to another number and avoid the nasty roaming charges....?!

doesnt seem to work at all........cnuts.:rolleyes:

Right Legs,

Great to see a new post from you: but what exactly are you trying to do? Divert all incoming calls to an Oirish landline or mobile number? But that's going to cost you even more than just accepting the call in the first place. You STILL have to pay the incoming leg PLUS the cost of the divert.

Why didn't you just get a 3 UK SIM??? 5 English pounds in most of their post offices.

Legs, what's this "Eire" ****e? I hope you're not preparing extradition papers over there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Ireland cula !

i got a call today from a dude in the uk, 4 minutes later I found my credit depleted quite a bit, just for receiving a call, fnuk that!

so I was trying to divert the uk mobile number to my irish one........

but I s'pose the higher order in voda have this blocked off.?

• Advertisement

legs11 wrote:
    Ireland cula !

i got a call today from a dude in the uk, 4 minutes later I found my credit depleted quite a bit, just for receiving a call, fnuk that!

so I was trying to divert the uk mobile number to my irish one........

but I s'pose the higher order in voda have this blocked off.?

But.......but.....but......did you read my post above?? If you divert it you will still be incurring roaming plus the international cost of calling (forwarding) your irish number from a sasanach one. What's the point?

Of course your credit depleted! -that's the nature of roaming! Again I say unto thee why didn't you get a 3UK prepaid SIM?

Why? Why? Why?

I didnt read that post till i had my one typed......:D

anyhoo, doesnt matter, sod it!

i was not going to get a three sim, i have had it with them,:eek:

but voda really rip the life out of you ....

legs11 wrote:
    I didnt read that post till i had my one typed......:D

anyhoo, doesnt matter, sod it!

i was not going to get a three sim, i have had it with them,:eek:

but voda really rip the life out of you ....

But is it not kinda the idea that you ask a question then somebody helps out with a reply? Then you read it and then..........(passes out).

ANYWAY your beef is with 3 Ireland; buying a 3UK SIM or rather not buying one is just plain silly and a case of cutting off your nose etc. As you have seen "voda rip the life out of you". A simple and inexpensive investment in a 3UK SIM would have avoided any and all roaming costs -and surely, you must have known that.

I thought the dark days of paying mad money for receiving a call while abroad were long and gone, obviously this is not the case.

i took a 3/4 minute call from the uk today, cost me over 3 quid for god sake.

can i get a 3 sim and use it in a 2.5g/EDGE phone?

cant belive vodafone get away with this, I was on the voda ie network and all.

unfreakin real.

legs11 wrote:
    I thought the dark days of paying mad money for receiving a call while abroad were long and gone, obviously this is not the case.

i took a 3/4 minute call from the uk today, cost me over 3 quid for god sake.

can i get a 3 sim and use it in a 2.5g/EDGE phone?

cant belive vodafone get away with this, I was on the voda ie network and all.

unfreakin real.

Legs, you have got to be jerking me off. You are fully aware of the penalties of roaming -and if you're not, it's no wonder you have mega-bills for your broadband account. Haven't you even heard of Vodafone Passport? if you had set this up, you wouldn't be paying through the nose for MT-calls in the manner you describe.

Saying things like "you thought" is just plain daft; ignorance is no excuse.

Being on the Voodoo IE network is totally irrelevant if (at time of writing) if you have not enabled Vodafone Passport. There is little point moaning on these boards if you don't do a little research yourself on the relevant website.

You said many times that you own a Nokia N73. Is it unlocked? Just get a 3UK SIM and stop running up huge bills.

• Advertisement

Cula, I was am with 3 for 2 yrs now, I have no idea about voda, I just picked it up in watford one day, I should have done more research I know.

My n73 is not unlocked, ....yet.

As for my bills, A solicitor is writing to the debt collectors and telling them in no uncertain terms where to go.

legs11 wrote:
    Cula, I was am with 3 for 2 yrs now, I have no idea about voda, I just picked it up in watford one day, I should have done more research I know.

My n73 is not unlocked, ....yet.

As for my bills, A solicitor is writing to the debt collectors and telling them in no uncertain terms where to go.

I think that's the understatement of the year! With 3 for 2 years? Then you know all about '3 Like Home' and therefore I am at loss to understand why you just didn't get a cheap 3 PAYG handset + SIM in the UK.

Horse. Door. Stable. Bolted. Shut.

legs11 wrote:

Dude, I sure hope that this is the end of this matter for you.

I should have bought a 3 payg over in blighty on hindsight, but I guess I was still too pi$$ed off with them but hey im over that now....:D

Advertisement