Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Renewal :)

Options
  • 24-07-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Down 78 euro (or roughly 15%) since last year dispite being on full NCB and no changes in me or the car so the idea which I've heard recently that the market has bottomed out seems not to be the case.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cheap insurance is a sure sign one is getting old!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Insurance last year was €1400 odd, Quinn rang back to say that my renewal would be €1380.

I went on their website and got a quote of €976 with the exact same details etc. So then rang them back and they acted like they were doing me a favour by 'matching' their own quote. It still is the cheapest quote I've got by far, but thought it was a bit cheeky none the less.

Oh and lower insurance ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers bazz26, okay its 78 euro off for being a year older. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm down €300 on last year. Was €1000 last year, now €700. Exactly one-fifth of what I paid 6 years ago :eek:

God bless Tesco. They can't do groceries, but by God can they do insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

OP,

Best thing for you to do is get an online quote with QD or Hibernian. If they are better than your own quote, ring up the insurance company and explain to them that you have a better quote and see if they can match it.

I have done this every year for the last 5 years and each time I get my renewal reduced.

No point going for the first offer without ringing around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Only a minor thing but if the car hasn't changed the value has because of depreciation. So this shoudl in theory reduce your coverag erequiremant a bit (in theory anyway). As far as I know they don't really account for depreciation in insurance renewals.

Advertisement