Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jackass Out Of Summerslam (Slight Raw Spoilers)

• 24-07-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

From PWInsider.com:
    As we saw on RAW last night, it appeared RAW setup Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy for SummerSlam, and that match will indeed go down. The planned Jackass vs. Umaga match has been cancelled. Sometime during the last week the deal fell apart. WWE had planned on some of the Jackass guys being at the Great American Bash PPV and do some of their stunts on Umaga all night and end up costing Umaga the title in the Hardy match which would have setup Umaga vs. Jackass at Summerslam.

Johnny Noxville had planned to do a few TV appearances for WWE leading up to the SummerSlam PPV but after the Benoit family tragedy happened, Jackass and Knoxville started distancing themselves from WWE. It started out with a few promised TV and PPV appearances, then it came down to Jackass only working the SummerSlam PPV then it ended with the whole idea being scrapped.

Once Knoxville pulled out, WWE decided to scrap the idea altogether. Originally WWE had planned on the Jackass crew defeating Umaga in the match.

I'm not complaining. Jeff and Umaga had a great match at the GAB, probably the best match either of them have had this year, and it would have been a waste if they were stuck putting over the guys from Jackass

The original plans were apparently for three matches to feature Jackass guys, including one main event, according to the Wrestling Observer. That was changed to just the one match last month. It's good news as far as I'm concerned

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

damn, summerslam is a wash out now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

This makes the decision to put the cruiser belt on Hornswoggle all the more ridiculous. I assume they were planning on him vs Wee Man.

I would have liked to see Knoxville in a match though. The 'bumps' he took in the new Jackass movie were crazy so it would have been cool to see he he fared in a match.

More Jeff vs Umaga is all good though. The ending of their match at GAB was awesome with Umaga hitting his big three moves one after another. It looked as if no one could get up after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ah, I want to see Steve-o and Chris Pontius do that move they did on Raw not long ago again lol.

Can't really blame them for distancing themselves after the Benoit tragedy. Knoxville would have been the bigger name in the group. Bam got injured and pulled out...Ryan Dunn pulled out because Bam pulled out....Maybe we'll see some actually wrestling at SS now, no point having these guys win in a one off deal anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Double C wrote:
    This makes the decision to put the cruiser belt on Hornswoggle all the more ridiculous. I assume they were planning on him vs Wee Man.

I hadn't thought of that. I assumed they did it because with Rey coming back he'll probably feud with Chavo and that'll be a serious sort of feud. I thought giving Hornswoggle the title sort of balances it out with a less serious side to the cruisers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm glad Umaga escaped having to job to them. He's better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Going by the reception Chavo got at the GAB, I think a bit of mic work will be in order before Rey returns. I guess it was Chavo's first TV appearance since Benoit died, so that kind of reaction was to be expected, he'll be heeling it up again soon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I'm glad Umaga escaped having to job to them. He's better than that.
    At least they can bill him properly now.Losing to jackass would have been as federline beating cena,crap for business

Advertisement