Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Digital Camera

Options
  • 24-07-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

looking for a digital camera around the €300 - €400 price range, anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Why do you want to spend that much?
    The list is endless for places to get a Digi cam from Argos to pixmania.com

Have you seen Ibood today?
    http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

buildabong wrote:
    Why do you want to spend that much?
    The list is endless for places to get a Digi cam from Argos to pixmania.com

Have you seen Ibood today?
    http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php
    want to get a camera thats going to last me for a while, last time i spent €250 on a camera and it turned out to be a piece of sh*t and i dont want it to happen again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

want to get a camera thats going to last me for a while, last time i spent €250 on a camera and it turned out to be a piece of sh*t and i dont want it to happen again :o

How long ago was that?, I spent £500 a good few years ago on 1.3 mp kodak, my €70 phone has better quality than that. Quality has gone up and price has nose dived, happens with all electronic goods. A Blank Cd used be £22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Well stick with the brand names then, only reason I suggested the Pentax is I got one a few weeks ago ( I bought it as it was waterproof - Optio W30).

I bought a Fujifilm (a huge 1.5mega pixels with 8mb card :D ) in 1999 for almost 500 pounds. The thing still works (with original battery), despite the fact that i have dropped it onto concrete a couple of times and got it full of sea sand. Its missing a few screws (literally) but it still takes perfect photos. EDIT - well better then my crappy samsung phone anyway
    My friend bought a Fujifilm a while ago and it lasted about a year :confused: .

So....
    my only suggestion then is go for the smallest camera (seems like the smaller the more expensive - okay not considering those big SLR's).

Boggles wrote:
    How long ago was that?, I spent £500 a good few years ago on 1.3 mp kodak, my €70 phone has better quality than that. Quality has gone up and price has nose dived, happens with all electronic goods. A Blank Cd used be £22.
    few years ago it was a 3.2MP Olympus and it was absolutely effing useless! was sooo annoyed with it, just stopped working pics were blurred, wasnt focussing, started making noises, it fell apart basically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

few years ago it was a 3.2MP Olympus and it was absolutely effing useless! was sooo annoyed with it, just stopped working pics were blurred, wasnt focussing, started making noises, it fell apart basically

http://www.casio.co.uk/Products/Digital%20Cameras/Exilim%20Zoom/EX-Z1000/At%20a%20Glance/

This is the one I have at the moment, very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

The Panasonic Lumix TZ3 seems to be getting good reviews and is in your price range,

Have a look at the reviews and forums here:

www.dpreview.com

thanks for the advice lads, on the hunt now :)

Advertisement