Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rust on car

Options
  • 24-07-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

There's a little spot on the bonnet where the paint has been chipped off by a small stone, and rust is peeping through, I am not in a position to get it fix properly, (removing paint, sanding, rust removal, repainting etc...)

Any quick fix to stop it just for the moment?
    Maybe a spot of car wax?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A dab of vaseline or grease will stop it in the very short term. But ideally, a small drop of touch up paint will be a longer term solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Cool, nice one. Oh, and for future referance, when I do wanna fix it proper. how do I find out exact colour of car?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Should be on the vin plate, or otherwise on some tag on the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

vin plate is located usually........?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

vin plate is located usually........?

Under the bonnet, on the door frame or on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen.

You can always give your chassis number (VIN) to the dealer and they should be able to tell you the paint code. VIN is on the registration document.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 nudelude

Sometimes its on a sticker inside the door or boot if you can't find the VIN or its fithy dirty and you cant read it. There is a product that you can brush on to rust spots that reverses the rust process. Ask in any motor factors.

Advertisement