Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing old furniture

Options
  • 24-07-2007 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Does anyone know what services are available to dispose old furniture? I think that Dublin Co Co has a payable collection service, so I contacted Wicklow Co Co but they don't have similar services. I also contacted Greenstar (option is to hire a skip). Before that I talked to some charities that traditionally would collect furniture (to either regenerate and sell or give) but none seem to do this for Wicklow.
    Any suggestions? Anyone has gone through this in the past?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

If you can fit it in your car, you can take it to the Greenstar dump in Fassaroe, Bray. They charge by weight and the minimum charge is about 20 euros - far less than hiring a skip.

The recycling centre in Wicklow might be suitable for some types of furniture. I've only been once but I remember they took TVs and monitors and random metal junk, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Break it up - fill your car and drive to Ballymount they only charge by car not weight. 12EUR per car.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sportbilly

Ballyogan, 20euro a car load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭DTinthegrove

Try Freecycle web site first you might get some one take it off you hands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You could also try www.dublinwaste.ie to see if someone wants it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sandeman

Thank you all for the suggestions, ended up bringing it to Ballyogan and paying the 20 Euros for the car load.
    Just for the record, other options I considered and might be better for someone else were:
    - Private operator that provides a skip service (Greenstar for example)
    - Goods exchange facility on www.jumbletown.ie or on www.dublinwaste.ie
    - Private operator that collects goods from the house for disposal (ensuring that the company holds a waste permit from Wicklow Co Co, if in doubt WCC can check their legality)
    - Greenstar waste facility in Fassaroe

Also for anyone that lives in the Bray Town Council area they do a large goods collection once a year www.braytowncouncil.ie

Advertisement