Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like this picture....

Options
  • 24-07-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Yes, the flooding in the UK is terrible and all that, but this picture makes me smile. A further affirmation of this indefatigable machine as the ultimate green transport ie unaffected by traffic jams, running out of fuel, and both natural and man-made disasters....

cyclist riding through floods.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

That's a good one alright. I'd hate to find out that he had motorised fins underneath the water. Or something...
    Itsfixed wrote:
    Yes, the flooding in the UK is terrible and all that, but this picture makes me smile. A further affirmation of this indefatigable machine as the ultimate green transport ie unaffected by traffic jams, running out of fuel, and both natural and man-made disasters....

cyclist riding through floods.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nice picture but that will screw up your bottom bracket and possibly hubs as well (as I discovered to my cost cycling through a slightly less dramatic flood here in Dublin.)

EDIT: And if it gets really bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

True, you'll have to regrease the hubs alright though not sure about cartridge bottom brackets. Are they not sealed? Maybe not water tight.

But the point is that you can still keep going in the short term without risk of severely damaging anything as long as you dry it out and relube it properly afterwards. Try that in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Cartridge bottom brackets are indeed sealed but I have an annoying creak in that area now after my small flood adventure. Shop reckoned it the area between the sealed unit and the frame needed greasing, which has perhaps reduced but not eliminated the creaking.

Advertisement