Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one-off tickets

Options
  • 24-07-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've been tasked by my sis-in law to get 3 tickets to a big game at the lane for a birthday pressie for my brother. Man United or Chelsea if possible. I've been quoted £200 per ticket on a website I found.
    As he simply wont be able to get over more than once a season not sure if its worth taking out a membership.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get tickets or if anyone knows of an irish travel company that does Spurs deals?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hi bottlerocket.

Assuming you're buying for Spurs fans (one or two non-Spurs not a problem, as long as they don't support the opposition on the day) you might be able to source a few memberships on here. I have one spare, and can lay my hands on another one depending on the game.

Other than the derby with the Goons, you should be able to pick up tickets for any of the other big sides, though depending on how we're doing at the time that may change. Tickets usually sell out on the first day of members sale, a couple of hours really. You're looking at Category A games, so prices range from £39-£70 per ticket...now you're thinking :eek: That's ManYoo, Chelsea, Liverpool, Goons, West Ham, Newcastle.

I'm not aware of any tour companies that do Spurs games, maybe someone else on the board can help with that.

Choose a game well in advance and post here again, we'll try to sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

for £200 I think you can get tickets for one of the hospitality suites.
    Better than paying £200 for a bog standard seat (if it comes to that).

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

Hi guys,

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread but i have have a few questions related to the original poster.I'm a life long spurs fan but to my shame i've never traveled over to see them at WHL,i've made it my priority this season to finally get my a*s over there!I've been looking at the membership option on the official site and i must admit i'm having trouble understanding a lot of it.I'd just like advice on what chances i have of getting tickets and if i have to become a member to get them.Getting over to the "big games" is not a must for me either as i would be delighted to see them play derby county or the likes(no offense derby fans).Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

That's all you need - it costs £40 per season - should have no problems getting tickets for the non top tier games. You might get these too if you get online quickly on first day.

Demand all depends on how well the team is doing and the opposition. Derby County are on sale at the moment.

Hi Paddy,

As Andrew (galinka) said, you've the option of purchasing a club membership (£40stg) which allows you to purchase one ticket for our home games.

Tickets go on sale on certain dates, there is a nine day period of sale to club members, followed by one day of "guest ticket" sales where season ticket holders and members can purchase an additional ticket for friends. On day ten, remaining tickets are released for general sale.

Demand for the bigger sides usually means that tickets sell out well before the 10th day and so only club members get to purchase for the likes of Arsenal (always sells out in an hour or so), ManYoo, Chelsea, Liverpool, and West Ham. Sometimes kick off times can affect demand for tickets, our first home game of the season to Everton would usually be expected to sell out quickly, but being on a Tuesday night and on TV the game will go on general sale tomorrow.

Bear in mind, some season ticket holders can choose to release their seats for sale through the club, so even though a game may be sold out there is always a chance extra tickets will become available.

£40 is a lot to lay out to purchase a ticket for only one game, but you do get a welcome pack from the club and are entitled to discounts in the club shop on "family days", among other benefits. There are two types of membership available, the most appropriate for you is the Lilywhite membership:
    One Hotspur Lilywhite For the fan who wants to feel part of the Club and get ticket priority for buying tickets to matches. £40

One Hotspur Bronze For the supporter who wants to attend matches as often as possible and take a place on the Season Ticket Waiting List. £55

You also have the option of trying to source spare tickets or season tickets that won't be used from supporters on this forum. There are at least three ST holders post here regularly: myself, galinka, and Dublin Spur. Never be afraid to ask, its one of the reasons this forum exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

Wow didn't expect such a helpful response,

Thanks a million guys,i'll be definitely signing up for membership today.

I'm getting excited already at finally having the chance to head over:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

RAUL DUKE wrote:
    Wow didn't expect such a helpful response,

Thanks a million guys,i'll be definitely signing up for membership today.

I'm getting excited already at finally having the chance to head over:D

Good man :)

Good man :)

Seconded.

Let us know when you're going over Paddy, there's bound to be someone going the same game.

Advertisement