Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance repair question

Options
  • 24-07-2007 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭

OK the short version, i did damage to my own car last week am insured with Quinn (i know i know) anyhow the wont repair the car in my choice of garage, have told me that if i was a 3rd party victim no problem but they want me to go their approved garage, who is coming in at under 1700 cheaper than the one I want to go to.. have I any chance of getting my desired garage to do the job? they offered me the cash and said I can put the difference to it. I've argued point blank with Quinn but there's no budging them...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

How much damage are you talking about? 1700 is a hell of a difference so you can maybe see their side of it when it comes to this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

wait, there garage is cheaper? and they want you to go there. Surely once the damage is fixed thats all that matters? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

How much damage are you talking about? 1700 is a hell of a difference so you can maybe see their side of it when it comes to this one..

there garage 2827, my garage 4500. a new rear panel, wing, boot and all the bits with it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

What is is about their garage that puts you off going to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

phutyle wrote:
    What is is about their garage that puts you off going to them?
    Unfortunately, my own experience would suggest that there are more crash repair outfits doing poor work than there are doing good work.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    Unfortunately, my own experience would suggest that there are more crash repair outfits doing poor work than there are doing good work.

thats exactly my point, I know the garage Id rather go to and Ive seen his work too.. I haven't heard anything about the other garage good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

thats exactly my point, I know the garage Id rather go to and Ive seen his work too.. I haven't heard anything about the other garage good or bad.

Well its not that hard to sort really. Before the Garage will be paid you have to sign off to say that the work has been done to your satisfaction.So if their garage dont do the work right you dont sign off until they do get it right.

OR :) you could get the named garage to subcontract the work to the person you trust :) oh now im rambling!!!

Altreab wrote:
    Well its not that hard to sort really. Before the Garage will be paid you have to sign off to say that the work has been done to your satisfaction.So if their garage dont do the work right you dont sign off until they do get it right.

OR :) you could get the named garage to subcontract the work to the person you trust :) oh now im rambling!!!

yeh the assesor told me that and I said I'd get an independent assesor to check the work (trying to scaremonger her i suppose) I don't see how i'd get the garage to sub contract the work though

Advertisement