Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Airsoft

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

c-90 wrote: »
    nice pic but its hard not to notice irish dmps tutut:D

Probably not something that would go down to well in either the 67th or the 27th Bn's in the are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I have to say, the Drogheda site looks fairly deadly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its a natural area with great varied terain

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JOHN MC

-=AIR=- wrote: »
    Hi John what about weekend , will be some battle?

air should be agood games on saturday their are a few said thay are going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭geo1212

Hey lads,

Just read an article about airsoft Drogheda in the Drog Indo, but there are no contact details. Is membership closed to the specific lads who set it up, or is it possible to go down for a look some day and talk to someone about getting involved.
    Also is there a link to a store who sell the particular gear required, I already shoot quite a bit and use Top Gun in Drogheda, would he be able to give me any advice?

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

There is no membership, it's open to all. Pop down on Saturday after 10am and you can have a look at the place and ask any questions you might have. If you have an AEG and goggles already then it's €15 for a half day and €25 for a full day.

So what is Top Gun in Drogheda? I'm from the area and have never heard of the place.

Jay TLR wrote: »
    There is no membership, it's open to all. Pop down on Saturday after 10am and you can have a look at the place and ask any questions you might have. If you have an AEG and goggles already then it's €15 for a half day and €25 for a full day.

So what is Top Gun in Drogheda? I'm from the area and have never heard of the place.

Sorry, may have gotten the name wrong, the firearms dealer on magdelene st. Thanks for the info, unfortunatly have meeting on all day sat, but will pop around the following week if there is a game on, or during the week if its open on weekdays. With regards to weapon, safety equipment etc, Is there a supplier in the area, also do you require a licience etc. Sorry for all the questions.

If you're not around Saturday there might be a few lads over on Sunday. Check back here to see. It's usually open week days to bookings and corporate events only. Weekends is when it all happens.
    No, you don't require a license, these are not real firearms. The most accessible supplier would be MIA in the Rosemount Business Park in Blanch. They have a walk in shop where you can browse for gear and AEG's. There's also a few on-line retailers in Ireland. Check the stickies for those details.
    If you are serious about the sport then it might be an idea to join the IAA(Irish Airsoft Association) although I sent in my forms 6 weeks ago and still have heard nothing. The only required safety gear is eye protection. If you're interested in trying the sport before you commit to buying any gear you can turn up at Drogheda for the day and rent a gun and goggles and see if you like it. Everyone's welcome and the lads there are a friendly bunch and are happy to answer any questions you might have.

If you're not around Saturday there might be a few lads over on Sunday. Check back here to see. It's usually open week days to bookings and corporate events only. Weekends is when it all happens.
    No, you don't require a license, these are not real firearms. The most accessible supplier would be MIA in the Rosemount Business Park in Blanch. They have a walk in shop where you can browse for gear and AEG's. There's also a few on-line retailers in Ireland. Check the stickies for those details.
    If you are serious about the sport then it might be an idea to join the IAA(Irish Airsoft Association) although I sent in my forms 6 weeks ago and still have heard nothing. The only required safety gear is eye protection. If you're interested in trying the sport before you commit to buying any gear you can turn up at Drogheda for the day and rent a gun and goggles and see if you like it. Everyone's welcome and the lads there are a friendly bunch and are happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks a mill. will head up on Sunday, if there is anyone about. Am very interested, used to paintball a lot couple years ago in Kinsale, but movin house put paid to that one. Will watch the posts for anything happening on Sunday, thanks for the advice Jay,

Geo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Everyone's welcome and the lads there are a friendly bunch and are happy to answer any questions you might have.

I Agree with Jay TLR with the above.

I do however see he conveniently forgot to the mention the fact they are also quite happy to fire a couple of hundred bb's in your general direction:D

Myself and a bloke I work with are planning on heading up on Sunday also. Hopefully there will be enough for a skirmish.

• Advertisement

sci-ops wrote: »
    I Agree with Jay TLR with the above.

I do however see he conveniently forgot to the mention the fact they are also quite happy to fire a couple of hundred bb's in your general direction:D

Myself and a bloke I work with are planning on heading up on Sunday also. Hopefully there will be enough for a skirmish.

Great, well if its ok with you sci-ops I will head up on Sunday for a look see, I understand that you guys pre-organise these things, and if its ok to watch from the side-lines as such that would be great.

It's nice to see a bunch of lads that are happy to give on the information side to anybody who is interested in getting involved.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Haven't read the whole thread (I'll do it tomorrow ;)) but do you guys have any aeg's for rent on site? I'm still waiting for my stuff from Shiva and I want to check out the Drogheda site.

feylya wrote: »
    Haven't read the whole thread (I'll do it tomorrow ;)) but do you guys have any aeg's for rent on site? I'm still waiting for my stuff from Shiva and I want to check out the Drogheda site.

yes have aeg's for rent and bbs have face masks and helmets if you need them

just to get some numbers of who is going on saturday or sunday

JOHN MC wrote: »
    just to get some numbers of who is going on saturday or sunday

John,

if there was a few goin up this sunday, could I

1. join in?
    2. Is there safety equip & gun & ammo to hire?
    3. What is the cost?
    4. If the game is closed to previously booked players, would it be ok to watch from the side lines?
    5. If it is ok to have a game on Sunday & all is yes for the above, what time should I get there for?

Many thanks,

Geo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

geo1212 wrote: »
    John,

if there was a few goin up this sunday, could I

1. join in?
    2. Is there safety equip & gun & ammo to hire?
    3. What is the cost?
    4. If the game is closed to previously booked players, would it be ok to watch from the side lines?
    5. If it is ok to have a game on Sunday & all is yes for the above, what time should I get there for?

Many thanks,

Geo
    I would suggest to come at 10am and dont worry, John has enaugh rentals and people will let you join in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

John, Count two of us Myself and Sci-Ops are planning tho be there on Sunday...... Weather permitting I suppose.

Tomazas wrote: »
    I would suggest to come at 10am and dont worry, John has enaugh rentals and people will let you join in.

ok thanks, will head down on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

Real men dont fear a little rain :) See u all tommorow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Abu_Pablo

We're be there tomorrow to visit the killing field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Rain makes airsoft more fun :D:D

I will wear waterproof trousers tomorrow,just warn u guys :D

And John keep one AEG for my Girlfrend please ;)

Great photos air. Fair play to your girlfriend for taking them all day.

nice shots air a free game for you next time your down

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

the place looks really good...
    is it big though, couldn tell from photos. looks really great tho, camo could serve its purpose there!!!

moggins7 wrote: »
    the place looks really good...
    is it big though, couldn tell from photos. looks really great tho, camo could serve its purpose there!!!

its about 10 acres in all

John i was with the gun in my hands , Aurika did That Job so free game for her :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Looks like you lads had a good day today. Nice one.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make tomorrow now. :( Raging............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement