Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I feel I had to post this here as it is more releveant here in the thread as it pertains to the Drogheda site, so please mods leave it here for discussion as John would want it.

Regards,
    Bren

This forum is not a soap box for people to air their business feuds. If people want to do that, take it somewhere else.

I've already told people to behave on this thread. If it continues this way I'll have no problem locking it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

The SimComSports thing!!
    I don't believe that they did not know that Drogheda Airsoft was up and running on your site:mad::mad:
    They say that they tried to contact John but then went to the landlord, why did they not go down to the site on any Saturday or Sunday to contact him??

If they were truly airsofters they would have known the above as it is common knowledge in the community, they go in and offer more rent than John could afford: So of course John is going to try and salvage something of his business that he built up by saying that it would be bycotted by the majority of the airsoft community.

To SimComSports you started off by trying to get another mans business behind his back and expect the people who know and respect John to now support your business:mad::mad: I for one fully support John on this issue.

I feel I had to post this here as it is more releveant here in the thread as it pertains to the Drogheda site, so please mods leave it here for discussion as John would want it.

Regards,
    Bren

we are at g-tac totally agree with Bren on this issue and fully support John on this issue. It is very hard to get a bussiness up and running and for it to keep going. We have all put our neck on the line to open sites when the sport was so new and the last thing we need is for sombody to come along and pull the rug from under us .As a community we need to stick together and support one another,if we want our sport to grow and evolve
    Regards Evelyn and Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I do not want to annoy admins bout this, for fear of closing the thread.

But boards is really not the place to go about this in fairness. There are clearly two distinct stories here, one side saying " they came in and outbid us" while the other defends in " well we asked the tennant and he didnt say there was a site in operation"

We can all throw around our support etc... but it does give a negetive view on "simsports" who are obviously trying to break into the market. They may have all well and good being in the wrong, but until some hard evidence is shown, i think it all should be dropped.

"boycotting" a site is no use for anyone, and is a down right childish comment to make. In some uncertain times for airsoft its probably the best if we all come together.

I dont personally know the site owners who have posted here, but as people who represent their sites, they shouldnt be all pushing negetivity against another site. Fair enough you may have details we do not, but if you are going to post such supportive comments, why not share it with us , factual comments, not opinions or saga or sides of stories, facts, so that we can decide which is in the right / wrong.

Also, to drop a complete sour note , business is business. If the people in question went to the land owner and asked about the situation, to be replied " theres no business here" why the hell shouldn't they put investment in there. And from the accussed post ( which seemed very likely scenario to which id love to hear a reply too ) they seemed to have gone to the effort of sorting something out.

AS Airsoft gets bigger and bigger in this country, there is going to be more people jumping in with retailers and airsoft sites. And the weak ones, the poor ones, the non profit ones are going to slip away ( as already is happening in some cases)

So I'd give less of the " going behind his back to rob his business" unless you want to share the full facts with the rest of the boards users who can read this.

And if it is factual and true, then fair enough, from a moral point of view, I'd totally be against it, yet I'd still understand from a business perspective.

And you should consider yourself lucky, I've alot of friends and people I know who invested huge money in paintball to get it off its feet here in Ireland, much like some people are doing now and have been doing, to only see UK and American Franchises come in, with more money, better equipment, better sites and cheaper prices for customers. This seriously hit the people I know in the pocket and in the gut.

So why dont you consider yourself lucky, that airsoft is in its infancy here, and that airsoft sites arnt that hugely profitable...because when they do, you will see franchises move in here, as they move in everywhere where theres a penny to be made, and they come with more money, bigger and better sites and better prices.

Then most of you are ****ed....

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

i support john, best site owner iv met yet, very welcoming, and makes a awesome site, dont think anyone cud run it better>:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 SimComSports

John,

You will be hearing from us.

SCS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Right lads, o1s1n has given a warning once already, this bull**** stops now, this thread is for the discussion of events and skirmishes at Drogheda airsoft, it is not, as o1s1n said, a soap box to stand on and shout.

SimComSports, JOHN MC: sort it out between yourselves please and keep it off this forum.

Everyone else: Back on-topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just to back up the other mods here. Under no circumstances do I expect to see any more posts about who is right and wrong etc in the disagreement that exists between Drogheda and SCS.

John and SCS you had better sort this out between you away from this forum. If any posts are considered as legal in wording or meaning you will be banned from boards permanently. I suggest you pick up the phone or sit down and sort out your disagreement like adults. If either of you continue the fued on this forum or the main airsoft forum I will ban you both permanently from them. I think you both realise if you piss me or any of the other mods off there is no coming back, one retailer has found this out already.

This thread is about activities relating to skirmishes at Drogheda and should be kept for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

sorry keith , fyi john's out of the country .
    back to topic who's gaming this weekend ?

David

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Good question, haven't been down in a while, any changes to the site? Is the turnout up or down with this icey weather?

Steve

you have to watch your breathing in the cold ,same numbers .and the deer makes it fun too .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The Hawks will be making our maiden voyage as a whole team to the site hopefully on Sunday 14th,., this months takeAIM mag has a load of pics in it of drogheda, looks brilliant., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

vtec wrote: »
    The Hawks will be making our maiden voyage as a whole team to the site hopefully on Sunday 14th,., this months takeAIM mag has a load of pics in it of drogheda, looks brilliant., :)

Some of the hawks will be busy that day :-) Will defo be making it out to drogheda at some point tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

As a "majority" team then., :p

EDIT: looks like Saturday the 13th is more suitable for us actually., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wont be out myself but its a site I've wanted to go too, heard some good things about the place.

Will try get out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

The Ghosts will be there this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 SimComSports

Hi John,

Just a quick note to say it was nice to meet with you on your site today, we're are glad that we all agreed to put this mis-understanding behind us. As we said, you are more than welcome to attend our site anytime as our guest. If you have any ideas for a joint event that you would like to discuss with us you have our number.

Site looked great today and best of luck in the future.

SCS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Hi John,

Just a quick note to say it was nice to meet with you on your site today, we're are glad that we all agreed to put this mis-understanding behind us. As we said, you are more than welcome to attend our site anytime as our guest. If you have any ideas for a joint event that you would like to discuss with us you have our number.

SCS

ah now thats how airsoft should be :D

Hi John,

SCS

aww in tha luuvly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

So who is going to brave the weather and head tomorrow?

Ghosts will be deploying, APC is a go:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 amber631

any games on 21/12 ? who is in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

do you sell bbs on site?

yes , John does not to sure of the cost

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

See you tomorrow guys. Really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Thanks for the games today. Love the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Awesome site lads. If I get out on that with the SSG, a 10-minute start and the right camo it'll take someone a week to find me. Good day's gaming, I'll definitely be back.

Vaut le voyage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

I;ve just realised that this site is only about ten minutes from my gaff!! (slow i know :p) Is it open every weekend or is it just for specially organised skirmishes? Also do you need to be part of a team or can you just turn up and play?

Cheers!

every weekend start 1000 close 1700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hey just wondering is it just turn up or do we just apear...

I've been there once before but dont know the directions to it all that well how many mile's out side drogheda is it? and how much is it for the day....?

and any one in the meath area who wants to go and has'nt got wheels's pm me there one space .....

• Advertisement

53°44'41.24"N 6°22'54.96"W google earth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement