Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E65 as a modem with 3

• 24-07-2007 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm getting an E65 from 3 with a data bundle and would like to know has anyone used this as a modem with a pc/laptop sucessfully. I was told by the 3 rep that is was not possible, then when i pressed him he said that it may be possible but not supported or guarenteed in the future. He mentioned that the bundle was for use with the mobile only.

Also of interest is that I got the phone using the telephone sales team for €199 while it was €229 in a 3 store. I'll take that €30 savings!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Hi all,

I'm getting an E65 from 3 with a data bundle and would like to know has anyone used this as a modem with a pc/laptop sucessfully. I was told by the 3 rep that is was not possible, then when i pressed him he said that it may be possible but not supported or guarenteed in the future. He mentioned that the bundle was for use with the mobile only.

Also of interest is that I got the phone using the telephone sales team for €199 while it was €229 in a 3 store. I'll take that €30 savings!!!

No reason why not, via Bluetooth or a cable, notwithstanding the vagaries of Windows. I use all my mobiles as modems using either method including the "strange" Nokia 7600 and they all work a veritable dinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Postpay, yes. Prepay, no.

Bear in mind that the Nokia E65 does not, however, support HSDPA. As a result, you will be limited to 384kbps.

If you intend to use the mobile broadband on both the phone and the laptop, you may be best served by getting the smallest bundle on the phone for €5.99, and getting the 3DataModem with 10GB separately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Maze wee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Bear in mind that the Nokia E65 does not, however, support HSDPA. As a result, you will be limited to 384kbps.

If you intend to use the mobile broadband on both the phone and the laptop, you may be best served by getting the smallest bundle on the phone for €5.99, and getting the 3DataModem with 10GB separately.

i was thinking of the exact same thing. going to try one month with unlimited broadband on mobile. if it isn't up to standard then i think i will try exactly that!

Advertisement