Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Jeff - you have no real intention of visiting either.

if you call for a pizza he may turn up at one of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Ace2007 wrote:
    if you call for a pizza he may turn up at one of them...
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Myself and Martin were thinking of going into the S.E. tonight for the €100 freezout thingy....... any fellow boardsies heading in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

^ My dead money should be there.

smurph wrote:
    Myself and Martin were thinking of going into the S.E. tonight for the €100 freezout thingy....... any fellow boardsies heading in?

obv u wear the trousers - u say jump - martib says how high??? :D

but on a serious note, y not 75FP in fitz-loads of lunatics there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

lol
    don't lol at that... you'll only encourage him!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Quick question guys, not sure if this is the place for it. I'm likely to be coming back to Dublin for a weekend soon and wondering where would be the best place to go for a 50ish freezeout for a bit of craic, nothing too serious? Just wanna wet my feet in a live game as there's no live games here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,274 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

zuutroy wrote:
    Quick question guys, not sure if this is the place for it. I'm likely to be coming back to Dublin for a weekend soon and wondering where would be the best place to go for a 50ish freezeout for a bit of craic, nothing too serious? Just wanna wet my feet in a live game as there's no live games here.

I would recommend the €55 in the Jackpot on a Friday night. Very decent structure and the cash regulars like to donk up in it before getting down to business - so the atmosphere is pretty light.

The Jackpot is on Montague lane. If you get to Camden street and find a pub called Ryans, you basically stand at it's entrance and look directly ahead. The big neon sign that says "Poker" is what you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Thanks, sounds spot on!
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    The big neon sign that says "Poker" is what you are after.

:D

ligger wrote:
    ^ My dead money should be there.

don't know who you are so if you see my say Hello.........

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote:
    obv u wear the trousers - u say jump - martib says how high??? :D

but on a serious note, y not 75FP in fitz-loads of lunatics there

It was his idea...... anyway why am I answering you, oh yeah ive got a hangover.....

Please god tell me you got that slow rolling Flat Nosed Russian pri**ck in the cash game the other night in the Fitz.... "THE SYSTEM, IT IS WORKING". God he makes my blood boil......

Before I get a ban, this little sh*t slow rolled me for poxy €8 in a cash game a couple of weeks in the S.E. 4 diamonds on the board and I have top pair, he bets €8 into a €25 euro pot, I call, he show 5spades to match the 5d on board, I say pay of tens, show my cards then he shows the 8d for the flush...... while saying "THE SYSTEM IT IS WORKING":mad: :mad:

I left shortly afterwards and as i was leaving the table he said "Thank you":mad:

I spotted him in the cash game in the Fitz and asked Ace2007 to get him for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 charmedp3

Thats hard to believe SMURPH WITH A HANGOVER:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Just put $100 in stars for a few mtt's wondering what is the best NL Hold'em tournie there tonight around the 15-30 mark?

surmph with a hangover - free money tonight in the S.E :D

as for the russian guy - he got his stack up to over 500 (by making a great/crazy call it must be said, board was 8872r and a guy went all in for 250 and he called with K7o and won - other guy had 56 - very loose game), he was saying that he never had so much money in front of him before, and within 2 hours he had lost it all - unfortunely i only got about 50 out of him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

the 10+1 at midnight is good, 20k guaranteed absolute donkfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

ty luke
    is it a re-buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

No it isnt. 3k starting chips though so plenty of play early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Cool hand lukes tonight anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

gona play the jackpot tonight. anyone else heading in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

drogheda for myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Mr.Plough wrote:
    gona play the jackpot tonight. anyone else heading in?
    yep shud be there, anyone else??

Split the €40 FO 3 ways in the Jackpot for €600 each from a field of 42. Fcuking sick.

It was a very weak FT and by the time we got three handed I had 110k of the 170 in play. It had been sick, with me just taking pot after pot down without showdown from four handed. Blinds got to 1500 / 3000 and cue:

88 < KJ
    A9 < 56
    A7 < A2

AIPF every time. And now I have 42k of the 170 in play. Bah. The next hand, the button RAISES from the button as opposed to limping as he had done all night. Oh noes!! The tide has turned, and I'm visibly tilted..

..So I suggest an even split leaving us all better off than 2nd place of €500 - and they both instantly accept. :confused:

lol donkaments. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

That seems the thing with the tourneys in the jackpot, they go too slow!?

Anyone else think that? So many time have I got either to the FT or the last two tables and it just goes so slow you lose interest!?

[DM] Frink wrote:
    That seems the thing with the tourneys in the jackpot, they go too slow!?

Anyone else think that? So many time have I got either to the FT or the last two tables and it just goes so slow you lose interest!?

I completely disagree. I really enjoyed this tournament. There was a surprising amount of play - but the structure did keep things ticking along. I left at 2.45am. That is a very reasonable time for a tournament to finish IMO. I would stay till 6 in the morning to finish a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

Yeah well I don't have as much an interest anymore these days, can't stay that focused for the whole game, unless I really need the money!

If you want a game with loads of play yeah go to the Jackpot, but it is just too slow for me coming to the last hurdle.

Like what about for instance, the Wednesday game last week or the week before, finished at 4.30.....and the winner didn't even leave a tip (from 1300), you know who you are and shame on you!!

Also the Thursday game like a week or two ago, when I was down for it, went on until 3.30am and it was 3 handed at that stage and I was leaving......god knows how long it went on for!

But I really do enjoy there tournament I just dont have the patience anymore really.....kinda of sad :(

[DM] Frink wrote:
    Like what about for instance, the Wednesday game last week or the week before, finished at 4.30.....and the winner didn't even leave a tip (from 1300), you know who you are and shame on you!!
    wow!! That's pretty bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ocallagh wrote:
    Cool hand lukes tonight anyone?

Enjoyable game last night Niall but it would be good if we could get a gang going the next time to swell the numbers.

Anyone interested in playing the deepstack tonight and fancy a last longest bet??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I should be playing, Ill add dead money to the last longest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

out of interest, what would be considered a decent tip out of a prize of 1300?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Count me in, I really enjoyed it last night even though I defo was dead money (I couldnt stop bluffing when it was clear i had nothing)

Olly count me in for last longest too. what we call it - €20 a head?

Advertisement