Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Mr.Plough wrote:
    out of interest, what would be considered a decent tip out of a prize of 1300?
    just leave 5% for anything under 5k. After that you should leave less and less, like maybe 4%for 10k, 3% for 20k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ocallagh wrote:
    Count me in, I really enjoyed it last night even though I defo was dead money (I couldnt stop bluffing when it was clear i had nothing)

Olly count me in for last longest too. what we call it - €20 a head?

Sounds good to me! I think the rebuy goodness brought out the worst in you Niall!! :p
    Bohsman wrote:
    I should be playing, Ill add dead money to the last longest.

If by "dead money" you mean absolute card rack. How that kid with the chip lead stacked off with AJ when you had the boots I'll never know!! lol

P.S. On a general note (for the likes of Dom and myself!) serious quantities of tasty food last night btw. You'll never go hungry at Lukes!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,276 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ollyk1 wrote:
    Enjoyable game last night Niall but it would be good if we could get a gang going the next time to swell the numbers.

Anyone interested in playing the deepstack tonight and fancy a last longest bet??

Ah, I really shouldn't (which means I probably will).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Nice of Alex to offer myself and Mick a sweet deal 3 handed
    1st 435
    2nd 260
    3rd 175

Alex has around 10bbs, turns around and says give me 200 and you can chop up the rest. Happy days, would have spent a good half and hour chipping away at him otherwise.

bohsman wrote:
    Nice of Alex to offer myself and Mick a sweet deal 3 handed
    1st 435
    2nd 260
    3rd 175

Alex has around 10bbs, turns around and says give me 200 and you can chop up the rest. Happy days, would have spent a good half and hour chipping away at him otherwise.
    he gave up 10BBs for €25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

ollyk1 wrote:
    Enjoyable game last night Niall but it would be good if we could get a gang going the next time to swell the numbers.

Anyone interested in playing the deepstack tonight and fancy a last longest bet??

What deepstack tourny is on tonight?

ocallagh wrote:
    he gave up 10BBs for €25?

I think it was a case of Alex feeling lucky to have made the money at all as the CL disintegrated and stacked off to Oscar and Mick when 4/5 handed (I got knocked out in 5th while he was blowing up).

Nobody was on for doing a deal accept Alex so in order to get agreement to finish the game he suggested €200 for himself and let the two lads take the rest. It was pretty funny though! :p

Cool Hand Lukes, 110FO 7500chips 30min blinds

Apparantly it is a €100 + 10 FO with 7.5k and 30 min levels the whole way. Blinds starting at 25 / 50 and no levels skipped. Sounds tasty.

I have got very little sleep this week but what the hey - in.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I would be on for the game tonight, but I have an engagement with a firey thing, loads of meat and copious amounts of alcohol.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Ah, I really shouldn't (which means I probably will).
    you will, last longest?

ocallagh wrote:
    you will, last longest?

Yeah - 20 squid.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Apparantly it is a €100 + 10 FO with 7.5k and 30 min levels the whole way. Blinds starting at 25 / 50 and no levels skipped. Sounds tasty.

I have got very little sleep this week but what the hey - in.

Where and what time is this on - i've got the all green on a night out. I'll be on for last longer BTW

Where and what time is this on - i've got the all green on a night out. I'll be on for last longer BTW

It's in Cool Hand Lukes (the building formely operated as the Merrion). It is on Merrion square - the address directly to the right of the FAI offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Is it a 8.30 start as in 9? or is it an 8.30 start as in 8.30?

looks like an good structure and the best available on a Thurs night (apart maybe from the monthly 100dc in the SE).

At the moment it depends on how many show up, if we can get it started at 8 30 with 2 tables we will, if we're struggling to fill a table itll be started by 8 45.

Is it a 8.30 start as in 9? or is it an 8.30 start as in 8.30?

looks like an good structure and the best available on a Thurs night (apart maybe from the monthly 100dc in the SE).
    This structure is better. The monthly in the SE is 7k total chips and 25 min for the same buy - in. So I would be going to the merrion from now on if I'm playing on a Thursday night.

bohsman wrote:
    At the moment it depends on how many show up, if we can get it started at 8 30 with 2 tables we will, if we're struggling to fill a table itll be started by 8 45.

Oscar what's the phone number of the club btw? Unlikely that I'll need it tonight but it would be handy to have.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    It's in Cool Hand Lukes (the building formely operated as the Merrion). It is on Merrion square - the address directly to the right of the FAI offices.

Ok cool - for some reason I thought it was a €10 rebuy there tonight,

Cheers - I'll see you guys later

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    This structure is better. The monthly in the SE is 7k total chips and 25 min for the same buy - in. So I would be going to the merrion from now on if I'm playing on a Thursday night.

sorry Lloyd - my post wasnt very clear. yeah structure in Lukes is superior but value wise the monthly 100dc in the SE has an overlay of sorts.

sorry Lloyd - my post wasnt very clear. yeah structure in Lukes is superior but value wise the monthly 100dc in the SE has an overlay of sorts.

Are you playing Noel??

Warning: There is a slim chance you may be asked to move on occasion if you do! ;)

ollyk1 wrote:
    Are you playing Noel??

Warning: There is a slim chance you may be asked to move on occasion if you do! ;)

I think I am - theres a mutt running in Shelbourne at 9.40 that I wouldnt mind having a go at so ive to figure out my plan of action??

olly il move for you - but thats only cos il have felt bad about slow rolling you an orbit beforehand.

I think I am - theres a mutt running in Shelbourne at 9.40 that I wouldnt mind having a go at so ive to figure out my plan of action??

I'm sure you can manage to get some money on whilst playing a game of cards.

olly il move for you - but thats only cos il have felt bad after the smack in the jaw you'll have given me as I attempted slow rolling you an orbit beforehand.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

I think I am - theres a mutt running in Shelbourne at 9.40 that I wouldnt mind having a go at

Does his name sound like a horse?!?!

Im up for last longest too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

ollyk1 wrote:
    Oscar what's the phone number of the club btw? Unlikely that I'll need it tonight but it would be handy to have.
    Oscar - same as, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

AFAIK the number is 01-6629325

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Cuban Son wrote:
    AFAIK the number is 01-6629325
    NiceWan Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

No worries Wes. Hope the leg is healing. Maybe we'll see you limping in soon. :)

You prolly won't get an answer before 7pm from that number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Whats the deadline for late entries to this? Playing that freeroll thingy in D1 but I'll play Super LAG and try to make it over to the Lukes

Advertisement