Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Many runners last night? Finishing time?

I won't be playing anywhere tonight either as I have another drinking appointment to match last nights one.

Oh, and I restickied this since it is still being used despite having been voted to be gotten rid of. We'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Flushdraw wrote:
    Start your own thread and let this monstrosity die! :p

I'll be there donating as per usual.... eazzzziiii money at the moment, I have the attention span of a flee, nothing new there.. dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote:
    Didnt really catch a break in this tournament but managed to get 3rd. Myself and NFR split the last longest so we were freerolling at the FT.

The tournie was defo there for the taking as it was a pretty weak FT, but K10 v Q6 no good against NFR for a 40k pot and A5 v K5 no good against Cristy Smith for a 45k pot. I made a bad call against Cristy 4 handed with 108h on J9xx 2 heart board for a 130k pot. I was gone shortly after and Christy and Ektor split it
    UL Tony - im glad you got placed tho as it'll be good for the oul confidence, hopefully carry over to JP's game on Sunday. WP
    It was K7 vs J9 for your exit - you had 500 left with 200 in pot, I was table CL and decided to raise to 500 and take you on.

You also raised me 40% of your stack preflop only to check in position a 775 board and fold to an all in on turn which I think did the damage
    How did you finish Ricky...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote:

I won't be playing anywhere tonight either as I have another drinking appointment to match last nights one.

Oh, and I restickied this since it is still being used despite having been voted to be gotten rid of. We'll see how it goes.

35 runners. A mixture of good players and some brutal ones.

The minraise of semibluff's set with top pair and a gutshot (which hit but the guy didn't even realise it was an out!!) being a good example of how the night went :eek:

Finishing time unknown to me but after 3.00am for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

oh jaysus i wasnt saying there was anything wrong with it.

I'm just a stickler for remembering things that's all :D

yeah wll i figured you could beat 6 high so decided to check, just in case you were trapping or such - i couldnt even beat a flush draw if you happened to call with one.

edit - where did u finish>?

Yeah I had QQ that hand - thought you push any flop so was trying to let you hang yourself seeing you put so much in pre :rolleyes:

Finished 2 tables out around 15th or something - I doubled Ektor or whatever his name up twice. Both times he was ahead, both times I made donkey calls. It was just my 4th night out solid and he put me on tilt quite easily.

Rob and I actually had a very nice first table - a good mix of rocks and loons. I went from 7.5k SS to 10k in 5 mins to 1.2k by the end of the level to 15k by the break. Some things never change

Hand of the night was definately between me and Rob where we got it all in him with J9 vs my 7s4s on a Ks Jx 9s 7x board - I bought him a pint at the break to apologise for what was a sickening 7 on the river :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Where's the place to be tonight lads? Smurfman has some dead money that he wants to dump off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Oh yeah, the breakfast paninis are nice - could have done with a bit of red sauce for them though, the fan of melon makes a nice bit of grub also.

Peasant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

5starpool wrote:

Democracy! gotta love it!

yeh ollie pretty sick wasnt it, bout 30k pot too. id just doubled up the hand previously to bout 15k. get pocket fives in cutoff, raise and got a button caller and olly in the blinds, im not really bothered, happy enough to let it go if i see any heat. (still stackin chips) flop 245, ive 55 i bet half the pot, two callers. turn 8 i bet 2.5k, get min raised by button, ollie hesitantly folds (JJ?) i ask him has he 67 or A3 (both very possible for his range) he answeres no, i believe and push expecting immediate call. he says ah sure ill call for the fun, shows A8. only a magical 3 will save him on the river. it hits, he shakes my hand and says well done and gets up to leave until i had to point out what happened (the dealer would have anyways). peculiar to say the least. well done to those who cashed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

jackpot 50 game, but in the interets of tony';s sanity i will be starting a new thread... here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055140147

semibluff wrote:
    yeh ollie pretty sick wasnt it, bout 30k pot too. id just doubled up the hand previously to bout 15k. get pocket fives in cutoff, raise and got a button caller and olly in the blinds, im not really bothered, happy enough to let it go if i see any heat. (still stackin chips) flop 245, ive 55 i bet half the pot, two callers. turn 8 i bet 2.5k, get min raised by button, ollie hesitantly folds (JJ?) i ask him has he 67 or A3 (both very possible for his range) he answeres no, i believe and push expecting immediate call. he says ah sure ill call for the fun, shows A8. only a magical 3 will save him on the river. it hits, he shakes my hand and says well done and gets up to leave until i had to point out what happened (the dealer would have anyways). peculiar to say the least. well done to those who cashed!

Yeah I had JJ and the guy nearly cost me my tank as I knew he was weak but it took me a moment to confirm to myself that you had a monster. The stack sizes were also a little tricky for me preflop hence the flat call underrepresenting my hand becasue I wasn't sure how big your hand was preflop.

In moments like that when the guy hits his miracle card and doesnt see it I really want to just let him get up and leave!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,276 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I did this in an omaha tournament in the fitz a couple of weeks ago when I got my tank in with bottom pair, a wrap and two backdoor flush draws against top two pair. Obviously, I was looking for the straight outs - which didn't come. So I tapped the table and said well done before making to walk off.

A loling Peter Heslin had to call me back and inform me that I had luckboxed a 4 high runner, runner flush. Nice. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 charmedp3

Hiya Smurph.. J.V. here

Trying to organise game kalooki in lukes place 3rd sept me fiona big john at moment would ye be interestested.

charmedp3 wrote:
    Hiya Smurph.. J.V. here

Trying to organise game kalooki in lukes place 3rd sept me fiona big john at moment would ye be interestested.

Wow Kalooki, haven't played that in yonks. Im going to be up to me snatch in work cause im going on Holidays, so unfortunately im going to have say no.... Fair play for organising it. Check out maybe Daisy or Solicitor Kevin might be interested..... Hope your keeping well... I'll pm you my moblile, ive a new phone and lost everyones mobile so maybe you could pm me Fionas and your's, maybe i'll get this mythical night going in the house.......

smurph wrote:
    Im going to be up to me snatch in work cause im going on Holidays

Jaysus!! :eek: :eek: :p

Edit: Those work b*stards have Smurph by the short and curlies!!!

ollyk1 wrote:

In moments like that when the guy hits his miracle card and doesnt see it I really want to just deck him!!

a bit over the top but yeh i agree!!!!

i couldnt believe the tilt monster i had inside me, took a few hours to get over and a cash game blow up

semibluff wrote:
    a bit over the top but yeh i agree!!!!

i couldnt believe the tilt monster i had inside me, took a few hours to get over and a cash game blow up

I could. If I could have followed you to a cash game I would....does that make me a bad person??? :o

ollyk1 wrote:
    Jaysus!! :eek: :eek: :p

Edit: Those work b*stards have Smurph by the short and curlies!!!

Sorry, having the worst week in work ever. Even tried tiny tears, but got nowhere, so now ive adopted the moody silent cow bit, but strangely nobody has noticed.......:o

smurph wrote:
    Sorry, having the worst week in work ever. Even tried tiny tears, but got nowhere, so now ive adopted the moody silent cow bit, but strangely nobody has noticed.......:o

Breath deeply and think of Vegas.....

nah go for it, i dint cash in much neways! letting you get away from the JJ because of the muppet re-raise is whats annoying me, you woulda stacked off!!

semibluff wrote:
    nah go for it, i dint cash in much neways! letting you get away from the JJ because of the muppet re-raise is whats annoying me, you woulda stacked off!!

No I was done with it. You are a tellbag I'm just a slow reader...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

what games exist in dublin tonight?

sikes wrote:
    what games exist in dublin tonight?
    games of chance and skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    games of chance and skill.

you wouldnt have an exhaustive list or anything, or where all the cool kids go?

Nah - I'm playing the Jackpot. €50 + 5. 6000 chips with every level. 30 mins for the first three; moving to a 25 min clock. Expect 20 - 35 runners. €500 added to the prizepool tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

semibluff wrote:

That was a horrible horrible hand and i felt your pain but you didnt see the best of it..blinds are 500/1000. Rob makes it 3k from UTG+1. Donk calls from the BB. Flop is 10 6 4 rainbow. Donk bets 5k, Rob shoves for 12k more and donk calls. Rob shows J10 and donk shows Q2...turn is a 3...river is which gave him more outs but Rob doubled up
    5starpool wrote:
    Yeah 35 runners and it finished at 445. Took 2 hours to get from 7 players down to 5
    UL Tony - im glad you got placed tho as it'll be good for the oul confidence, hopefully carry over to JP's game on Sunday. WP
    Cheers Wes

I might get down tonight to a tournie after all as my drinking session has been postponed. Not decided whether Lukes or Fitz though, probably Lukes. That is, if I get out of work in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

is there a 2/5 game in the SE at the weekend? what sort of stacks?
    anything above 1/2 anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

5starpool wrote:
    I might get down tonight to a tournie after all as my drinking session has been postponed. Not decided whether Lukes or Fitz though, probably Lukes. That is, if I get out of work in time.

Luke's FTW

No, work unfortunately :(

I might get out of here in the next couple of hours - maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

unbelievable - 3rd week running i've been all in, in the first hand in the fitz - and guess what for the third time i lose... everyweek i raise more and more pre flop with the best hand - get called and lose.... and then smurph just laughed at me??!!!!

Advertisement