Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

3 handed myself Joe Ruddy and Harold took 800 each and left 200 for the dealers. This was 4am.

Blinds had just gone 1500/3000 and the avg was 82k. I had 87k, and the lads had pretty much the same. I was indifferent about playing out and left it to the lads who decided to split it.

Thats a decent tip, more than than they usually get.

WP Noel, you have plenty of chips when i was going. Nice touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

okie dokie how does a 25 min clock all the way sound i kno there was a problem with the computer so there was no clock on saturday but thats sorted now so ill update the structure tonight

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭themilkyone

whats the story with the end of month game game in luke's place as regards starting stack and blind structures?and also is there gonna be sattelites on the day...wouldn't mind a few blind omaha hands :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Results of se cash league-need to see who i can borrow off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Cuban Son

whats the story with the end of month game game in luke's place as regards starting stack and blind structures?and also is there gonna be sattelites on the day...wouldn't mind a few blind omaha hands :D

Its a 2 day event. The starting stack is 10,000 chips with a 40-45?? minute clock. Not 100% on the clock. Maybe MickL can clarify. It will be all levels.
    And as Mick says himself 'Thats better than sex':D :p

monthly-game-flyer-A5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

MickL wrote:
    okie dokie how does a 25 min clock all the way sound i kno there was a problem with the computer so there was no clock on saturday but thats sorted now so ill update the structure tonight

Mick

The clock was perfect!! Just as it got into the game it got a bit fast. So maybe when the blinds go to 400/800 or 500/1000 change it to 25 mins?

This is just my suggestion though

cheers for that paul

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

[DM] Frink wrote:
    The clock was perfect!! Just as it got into the game it got a bit fast. So maybe when the blinds go to 400/800 or 500/1000 change it to 25 mins?

This is just my suggestion though

Anyone who doesn't think that a 25 min clock the entire way through a tournament is the absolute minimum structure that could be playable annoys me.

well theres definitly no need for a 25 minute clock in a game such as the monday madness in the JP....but yes i do agree that a 25 minute clock should be a minimum in any other tourney.it makes up in the latter stages of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Anyone who doesn't think that a 25 min clock the entire way through a tournament is the absolute minimum structure that could be playable annoys me.

I was in CHL's the other week and one punter said to a large chap "You were saying earlier its a bit too long of a structure but Its great to have a bit of play in it and not be having to go all in pre flop all the time isnt it?". The large chap replied "Im fully aware of the concept of longer levels and deeper stacks etc making for more play in the game but in this particular game tonite for this buyin(é75 iirc) its just a bit long. I piped in "one has a choice, one can come another nite when the blinds are less generous". When he looked at me i sensed a bit of contempt so i said "What the hell are you playing here for tonite then"?. Lost my cool a bit there probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

LuckyLloyd wrote:

Lloyd you only want a longer clock cause your a rock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

SE scalps tonight anyone?

Okie Dokie the exact strutcre i made is set up on the computer in the club but this is it off me head!!! 10k stack! first 5 levels 30 mins next 5 40 mins and 45 till the finish (ALL LEVELS INCLUDED) there is no antes added but the possiblty of antes is likely if playing is going real slowly as most can understand i can gaurentee at no stage in this tournament turn into a crapshoot there will be lots of play even heads up compaired to the average stack if antes are introduced at any stage the should be no more than 10% of the SB also if antes are introduced the will be withdrawn again at the final table we hope this monthly game will set the standerd for tournaments like this in ireland!!

Mick

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My understanding of antes Mick is that they should be no more than 10% of the BB, not the SB. They way they were used in the initial opening tournies was irrelevant the further we went in the tournie. At one point it was 8k/15k/300. If antes are used (and I think they are good when used correctly) it should be between 7%-10% of the BB or thereabouts.

It looks like a good structure anyhow Mick, and barring injury or a trip to the moon, I will be there.

MickL wrote:
    Okie Dokie the exact strutcre i made is set up on the computer in the club but this is it off me head!!! 10k stack! first 5 levels 30 mins next 5 40 mins and 45 till the finish (ALL LEVELS INCLUDED) there is no antes added but the possiblty of antes is likely if playing is going real slowly as most can understand i can gaurentee at no stage in this tournament turn into a crapshoot there will be lots of play even heads up compaired to the average stack if antes are introduced at any stage the should be no more than 10% of the SB also if antes are introduced the will be withdrawn again at the final table we hope this monthly game will set the standerd for tournaments like this in ireland!!

Mick

Dom is right about the antes Mick. Introducing an irrelevant ante won't have a significant affect on the speed of the tournament while it will mean less hands for the players. Tbh, if you go 30 / 40 / 45 you should get this tournament finished in time anyway. If you go with antes - make them 10% of the BB and just have them there as a factor.

I will no doubt be a regular in this tournament as time goes by. However, I will not be in attendance for this one as I will be donating $215 to the omaha 6 - max event of the WCOOP. And I think you might lose some numbers over the weekend because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

jeff is at the jackpot and thinks "well if he doesn't have quads he cant call..."

... he had quads....

jeff is now at home.

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

ditpoker wrote:
    jeff is at the jackpot and thinks "well if he doesn't have quads he cant call..."

... he had quads....

jeff is now at home.

that is all

A high no good?

ditpoker wrote:

... he had quads....

jeff is now at home.

that is all

I assume he could call with a house then? Getting people to fold houses isn't very clever ya donk. And you probably made some grevious pre - flop error in the hand anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

nice to see you installing full confidence in jeffs poker playing abilities LL!

semibluff wrote:
    nice to see you installing full confidence in jeffs poker playing abilities LL!
    I do what I can.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I called with a horrible feeling I was behind on the river on a KKKAA board when I held AQ on Monday. Yes, I know, take it to the BB sticky etc etc, but itwasn't a bad beat. It was Rita betting into me after all, and yes, she had KJ. The point of this post? Who can tell. I thought it was somewhat in context given the earlier post here.

ok well i can claim responceabilty for the opening night tourney but i put the ante in half way there was never one intended for the tournament so i was think quick on my feet!!! ok guys as i said but there will be no ante as such unless play is really slow like day one we have 10 hours and if needed 10 more on the second day

okay dom if you have rita betting into you on a kkk flop you should always fold here even if you have aces....rita's one of the biggest rocks around.only bets the nuts.ONLY!she's not making that play with ace high...she might call with it but will never bet.silly call

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Doms wrong, the ante should add the value of an extra small blind per round of the table, anything more and its just turning the tournament into a crapshoot.
    What happened opening night was Micks fault, he adjusted the antes up to a certain level and hoped itd be over by then, towards the end the antes were more like 1% of the small blind.

yea the antes should have an effect on the game play,forcing the action but not to the extent were its just push,push,push.good point oscar,why dont you try an come up with a decent structure??

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I do what I can.
    actually all i did was raise preflop with AK... point is i suck at poker again... new plan is to win €330 by mid sept and play chl's end of month game, do a decent deal 3 handed and retire and live like a king for about 3 weeks!!

jesus jeff you make it sound so easy....how do you do it??and dont try and tell me its pure skill....lol!

as i said it was my fault and i went home when the ante was i think 1000/2000 with the nte 150 or so which was a little small but i never tought it would of wen ton that long!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

oscar you're a nit.

• Advertisement

jesus jeff you make it sound so easy....how do you do it??and dont try and tell me its pure skill....lol!

its easy, while lloyd has been going around experiencing bad varience, i'm the guy who wins the bad varience... i am the the sick 2 outer on the river!! :D

Advertisement