Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Lazare wrote:
    SE scalps tonight anyone?

chop chop with sherman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Anyone playing 100FO in CHL tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Last longest in Lukes anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

bohsman wrote:
    Last longest in Lukes anyone?
    20?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yeah.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    Yeah.
    I'll go for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Inski.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I will be playing the Omaha game in the Fitz for a few of reasons:

1. I don't want the only Omaha tournament in town to die, so I make an effort to promote it.
    2. While there is shedloads of play it probably won't go on as long as the FO in Lukes, and I have had little enough sleep this week.
    3. I have enjoyed this game immensely the few times I have played it.

I will probably play Luke's next Thursday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote:
    I will be playing the Omaha game in the Fitz for a few of reasons:

1. I don't want the only Omaha tournament in town to die, so I make an effort to promote it.
    2. While there is shedloads of play it probably won't go on as long as the FO in Lukes, and I have had little enough sleep this week.
    3. I have enjoyed this game immensely the few times I have played it.

I will probably play Luke's next Thursday though.

That IS a cracking tournament.

Halfbaked and I spit the last longer bet in Lukes last night for anyone that is interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Halfbaked and I spit the last longer bet in Lukes last night for anyone that is interested

I can sleep better now that i know that. Cheers!

Oh an btw..whats spit mean :p

Flushdraw wrote:
    I can sleep better now that i know that. Cheers!

Oh an btw..whats spit mean :p

Spit = split when i'm not tired and can spell correctly :D

We did a 4 way chop about 3.30am as this was going to go on for a while and I had work this morning. I was CL at time with about 130K with 315K in play or so. We all got 900 with 2nd place been 1k anyway so happy with that. 5 tournies, 4 final tables, 1 cash (finally)

The most important bit of all was the last longer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

You were chip leader and got less than 2nd place. not a good deal

I'd guess the work factor came in to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

mickste wrote:
    You were chip leader and got less than 2nd place. not a good deal

I'd guess the work factor came in to it

Yeah Ricky...i would have asked for at least 1k

Flushdraw wrote:
    Yeah Ricky...i would have asked for at least 1k

It was 3.30 and I was wrecked tired. It probably wasn't the best deal for me, however I was very happy for it. I had been shortstacked the whole tourny until the tables were at 6 and 6.
    900 to me was as good as 1k at 3.30 am :D

I think personally there was at least an hour left of play which I don't think i could have coped with it. If halfbaked had the same amount of chips as me I think i'd have played on, as it would have been slightly easier to get at the other 2. Halfbaked played excellent and had the look "nobody's knocking me out" about him.

Guys I was tired I called a 45K all in with K high on the turn, no draw :rolleyes:

Halfbaked always has that look chopper. He was probably more tired than you were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

It was 3.30 and I was wrecked tired. It probably wasn't the best deal for me, however I was very happy for it. I had been shortstacked the whole tourny until the tables were at 6 and 6.

I think personally there was at least an hour left of play which I don't think i could have coped with it. If halfbaked had the same amount of chips as me I think i'd have played on, as it would have been slightly easier to get at the other 2. Halfbaked played excellent and had the look "nobody's knocking me out" about him.

Guys I was tired I called a 45K all in with K high on the turn, no draw :rolleyes:

lol
    how far ahead where you in chips...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Mick,why aren'y you playin the 300 in the jackpot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Very kind of you to say Ricky but i played pretty badly, made some bad decisions and twice got all my chips over the line in bad shape (and got lucky!). Once early in the tourney with a squeeze gone wrong (I had to call as I was getting 4-1) and the other 5 handed. I was absolutely shattered and hungover to bits after the night before, to be honest i probably shouldn't have even played.

You on the other hand played excellently and your (insta)call with K high (which was good) for all your chips on a 10522 board was very impressive.

You are right about the last longest money though, t'was was the sweetest part.:D

Ditto Peter, why arent you playing in the jackpot tonight?

• Advertisement

Ditto Peter, why arent you playing in the jackpot tonight?

Forgot it was on, Mark texted me earlier but I was out playing golf and didn't have the phone with me. Just home about 30 mins and not arsed rushing in having missed the first few levels. Probably be in the SE for some NL action later. Might have a nap first.

HalfBaked wrote:
    Very kind of you to say Ricky but i played pretty badly, made some bad decisions and twice got all my chips over the line in bad shape (and got lucky!). Once early in the tourney with a squeeze gone wrong (I had to call as I was getting 4-1) and the other 5 handed. I was absolutely shattered and hungover to bits after the night before, to be honest i probably shouldn't have even played.

You on the other hand played excellently and your (insta)call with K high (which was good) for all your chips on a 10522 board was very impressive.

You are right about the last longest money though, t'was was the sweetest part.:D

I don't know what you did when we weren't on the same table - but we were twice on the same table and I thought you played well. You were wise not to shove with KQ for instance!!!

I was happy to cash - but made silly mistakes all night, everytime i got to average stack i seemed to fall back with something stupid. I was lucky to get as far as I did, but was ok with my FT.

Remember the hand you raised with JJ and I called with AQ and your man reraised, he said he had either 78h or 89h

I don't know what you did when we weren't on the same table - but we were twice on the same table and I thought you played well. You were wise not to shove with KQ for instance!!!

Perhaps I was a little harsh on myself, but I didn't like how passively i played for most of the evening (probably as I was wrecked tired).

Yea, last minute change of heart with the KQ. I had called on the flop planning to CRAI your turn bet. When you bet the turn and I asked how much you had left you looked like a kid at christmas! Decided that might not have been the time to get all the chips in with K high.:D
    Remember the hand you raised with JJ and I called with AQ and your man reraised, he said he had either 78h or 89h

Yea, he told me after. It was a really good spot for a squeeze but I felt that it was so obvious that he wouldn't. I really didn't think that guy had it in him to be honest.

Again well played. See ya there next thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

you fell for a squeeze peter???? spidey-senses must have been crushed the night before. still another result, wp. give us a shout later if your heading in, im workin on funds the friday cash (realistically the best option atm)

AKQJ10 wrote:
    you fell for a squeeze peter???? spidey-senses must have been crushed the night before. still another result, wp. give us a shout later if your heading in, im workin on funds the friday cash (realistically the best option atm)

You headin in tonight mark? I will be up in the next hour or so, can head in through your direction if you need a lift.

AKQJ10 wrote:

All of my senses were crushed from the night before! Probably gonna head into the SE soon. You heading down to the Jackpot? Might head down after the SE, see how I feel. I'll give you a shout later anyways.

Mark have Pmed you my number, leavin now, text me if your wanting a lift.

HalfBaked wrote:
    Perhaps I was a little harsh on myself, but I didn't like how passively i played for most of the evening (probably as I was wrecked tired).

Yea, last minute change of heart with the KQ. I had called on the flop planning to CRAI your turn bet. When you bet the turn and I asked how much you had left you looked like a kid at christmas! Decided that might not have been the time to get all the chips in with K high.:D

Well if i'm that easy to read I don't think I'll play against you again. So NO won't see ya next thursday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

yeah il see how things go, if i do head in i might venture to the se for a change of fortune

• Advertisement

was going to play but got up very late and started playing online. so far my best day this year. +8 buyins at 2/4

Advertisement