Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,251 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ace2007 wrote:
    anyone else for CHL's tonight...
    Where you there,
    Lost my starting on the first hand, took the DC.
    I made it past the break, only just

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Mellor wrote:
    Where you there,
    Lost my starting on the first hand, took the DC.
    I made it past the break, only just
    Ace was wearing the Man utg hoody and telling riddles with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

telling riddles with you.

who was i tellin riddles to? u adam and some bloke..... but i wasn't tellin any ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

you get anywhere ace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Where's the live tourney value tonight then? Are the Jackpot still adding prize money to their tournament tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

think i might play the jackpot tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

zuutroy wrote:
    I'm hitting Irish shores the weekend of the 12th of Oct, anyone recommend any freezeouts (e50 or so) on Sat 13th that begin at a reasonable hour?

Define "reasonable hour"? Every tourney will be a 20.30 - 21.00 start; and won't finish until 02.00am or later.

And at the moment, the best bet for a Saturday night would appear to be Cool Hand Lukes (Same building as the old Merrion club beside the FAI offices).

just off the phone with dave, 400 still added in jackpot tonight. i think i might just stick to the high stakes wed night razz which is on up and down harcourt st.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Right so Lloyd, thats grand. I'll bring my dead money there. I had visions of 10pm to 6am type of thing, my concentration tends to wane around 2am. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be gone in time for the last bus! Any boardsies likely to be there?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Define "reasonable hour"? Every tourney will be a 20.30 - 21.00 start; and won't finish until 02.00am or later.

And at the moment, the best bet for a Saturday night would appear to be Cool Hand Lukes (Same building as the old Merrion club beside the FAI offices).
    Yep, I believe CHL's has a €50 FO or DC on Sat nights. Too lazy to double check, but it is one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Its a DC...bit unclear on these (live n00b). Does that mean if you want the 2nd part of the stack you're in for 100euro? Bit steep for the mates I'll be going with I think.

Nope, DC means that you get a second lot of chips anytime after the first hand, but by the break at the latest, for no extra money. It is essentially a freezeout, but you get your chips in 2 parts. You can play it like a freezeout and take the second lot after the first hand if you want. It will only cost €55 whatever way you look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

AKQJ10 wrote:
    just off the phone with dave, 400 still added in jackpot tonight.

THAT'LL DO FOR ME! IT'S A GOOD AMOUNT TO BE ADDED SEEING AS THERE WERE ONLY ABOUT 40 PLAYERS THERE LAST WEEK, I.E. IT'S 25% ADDED, THAT MUST BE GOOD VALUE IN ANY MAN'S LANGUAGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

does anyone ever play in silks or the 76 club? what cash/tournys do they have if any?

As far as I know, Silks has no poker, and the 78 club, last I heard had one or 2 cash games going on occasion. I have not heard about them lately though.

Ace2007 wrote:
    who was i tellin riddles to? u adam and some bloke..... but i wasn't tellin any ....
    Mellor = some Bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Quick question about Cool Hand Luke's - do they serve booze there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

RVD420 wrote:
    Quick question about Cool Hand Luke's - do they serve booze there?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Lazare wrote:
    No.

Ok......fold!

AKQJ10 wrote:
    you get anywhere ace?

na pushed with KQ on a Q high flop with the first half of the DC - ran into AQ, then had 66 and limp in with the intention of raising all in if someone raise which they did - but unfortunely there were 2 of us all in and john called - he had AQ and other person had 1010. had the 10's cover - so got back 1600 - and threw it all in with 85soooted... hit flush on the turn - only for john to hit a higher one on the river....

• Advertisement

you in for the jackpot 40 fo tonight, 400 added cant go wrong

AKQJ10 wrote:
    you in for the jackpot 40 fo tonight, 400 added cant go wrong
    think i might go and win this tonight, i need the money you see. lots of people come please.

the more people that come the less value the 400 adds, decisions,
    i might head in again, get the practice in while im still off/out-of work

might go in so - man u match is on though..... 9:00 pm start time - is it?

52 v QQ on a 523 flop no good..............

think i might go and win this tonight, i need the money you see. lots of people come please.
    One thing i am not, is a liar. True to my word i went out and won this tonight, id like to lend my thanks to Geoff Taylor without whose text meant i probably would have gone to the Student bar instead, Mellor Ace2007 and any others boardsies who donated tonight many thanks.
    Races i won
    AT v KJ = AT is good
    Q9 v AQ = 9 on the flop (pot committed v short stack)
    99 v A4 = 99 hold
    AA v 96 on Q96 flop with Ace turn for 1/2 chips in play with 6 left.
    AJ v 77 heads up to win, Ace on the turn seals it.

I played a very TAG game where i didnt lose any pot i entered into either raising or folding until the break. I also overshoved when i turned quad 8`s on an A838 board and got called!
    I ran very well but at the same time i think this is the best ive played for a long time, where i was selectively aggressive, changed gears several times and maintained a TAG game without the fancy play syndrome which was so often my downfall.

Ace2007 wrote:
    52 v QQ on a 523 flop no good..............
    when you call off 1200 preflop with 52o against a tight UTG raiser from UTG+1, with only an 8K or less stack...

when you call off 1200 preflop with 52o against a tight UTG raiser from UTG+1, with only an 8K or less stack...

I was BB and he was SB was it not??? and i had 11K+ in front(i'm nearly certain) he's robbed the blinds 3 orbits in a row i think, plus i was pretty much card dead after the break... as you saw me tryin to rob ur BB with 23 and hittin a straight... my plan was to shove any A flop, as it was i flopped 2 pair,

well done on winning anyhow - will u be donating any to luke's 100 FO tomorrow...

how much for the win - 1100k?

Joe took €800 for first,
    I got €450 for second.

Played TAG all night, with a few aggressive pushes that folded out better hands due to image.

Joe was winning alot of races. I suppose I didn't do too bad either
    Only hands I was involved in playing out were:

A4 vrs 89 ........4 handed against shortstack
    4 handed, Shortstack RRAI on turn, I call with 2 pair, she has flush, river is one of 4 to give me a house

Lost with 77 verses AJ, heads up, see above
    stacks were 68k for me, 92k for Joe, AIPF
    Flop gave me a gutshot, ace on turn sealed it
    Had I won I would of been in decent spot with 136k vrs 24k

You have to win your races I suppose

• Advertisement

i assume shortstack was in fact low on chips and not the one on boards?

Advertisement