Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I heard Lukes 100 FO is changing from Thursdays to Fridays, anyone confirm if and when this is happening??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

last week heard it was in "a couple of weeks".

Sooner the better imo (hint hint) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

last week heard it was in "a couple of weeks".

Sooner the better imo (hint hint) :D

Me too.

Thursdays suck for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

nice one joe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

think its changin from next month is wat luke said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

well done Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Ace2007 wrote:
    I was BB and he was SB was it not??? and i had 11K+ in front(i'm nearly certain) he's robbed the blinds 3 orbits in a row i think, plus i was pretty much card dead after the break... as you saw me tryin to rob ur BB with 23 and hittin a straight... my plan was to shove any A flop, as it was i flopped 2 pair,

well done on winning anyhow - will u be donating any to luke's 100 FO tomorrow...
    no i was the Big Blind, as i was about to say he was stealing "your blinds" as you constantly stole mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Races i won
    AT v KJ = AT is good
    Q9 v AQ = 9 on the flop (pot committed v short stack)
    99 v A4 = 99 hold
    AA v 96 on Q96 flop with Ace turn for 1/2 chips in play with 6 left.
    AJ v 77 heads up to win, Ace on the turn seals it.

Well Done Joe!!

However, I feel you would benefit from reading up on what type of poker situations can aptly be defined as "races".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

I played the Jackpot last night and saw a pretty amazing thing.

Guy on the button raises to 300 or thereabouts with the blinds at 50-100, 2 callers, no names will be mentioned. Flop is 8 7 3, I think, but definitely featured an 8 and a 7 with the 8 being the top pair on the board.

First to speak checks, second to speak checks, the button raiser goes all in for around 2,500. First position looks at the guy in second position, guy in second position folds out of turn, first position calls with a marginal enough hand 89, top pair with a 9 kicker, but against a tight enough player who has already folded an overpair to the board.

It was amazing, the guy in first position goes to the other guy (after he folded) "You fold! Ok, I call." It's a tough call for him otherwise with a player behind him. I was amazed, there was no penalty whatsoever meted out and everyone seemed to just have a good old chuckle about it after the 89 turned out to be good and the button player left. I thought it was bang out of order but kept my mouth shut, as did the button who just got shafted. It's amazing the amount of nonsense that goes unpunished in live play in Dublin, makes me want to stay home and play Pokerstars of an evening.

thechamp87 wrote:
    nice one joe
    pm me who this is. thanks though.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Well Done Joe!!

However, I feel you would benefit from reading up on what type of poker situations can aptly be defined as "races".
    obviously you know what i mean, by races i dont mean Ak v QQ type things(i.e.e the strict interpretation of th term), i mean running well. i also think anythin AIPF is a race its just sometime someone has a head start! :) also when i bad beat anyone it was when i was pot committed to the call. got lucky in those 2 spots but i think i deserved it as i was playing well.

Guy on the button raises to 300 or thereabouts with the blinds at 50-100, 2 callers, no names will be mentioned. Flop is 8 7 3, I think, but definitely featured an 8 and a 7 with the 8 being the top pair on the board.

First to speak checks, second to speak checks, the button raiser goes all in for around 2,500. First position looks at the guy in second position, guy in second position folds out of turn, first position calls with a marginal enough hand 89, top pair with a 9 kicker, but against a tight enough player who has already folded an overpair to the board.

It was amazing, the guy in first position goes to the other guy (after he folded) "You fold! Ok, I call." It's a tough call for him otherwise with a player behind him. I was amazed, there was no penalty whatsoever meted out and everyone seemed to just have a good old chuckle about it after the 89 turned out to be good and the button player left. I thought it was bang out of order but kept my mouth shut, as did the button who just got shafted. It's amazing the amount of nonsense that goes unpunished in live play in Dublin, makes me want to stay home and play Pokerstars of an evening.

Did you call the floor? Did you say anything to the guy who acted out of turn? Or did you sit there, say nothing, and save it for a little rant on the interweb the next day?

FWIW, I 100% agree with you on this - and the Jackpot is, IMO, the worst Dublin club for crap etiquette at the tables. But you need to call people out on these things on the spot if you are going to improve the playing conditions and stamp this sort of ****e out longterm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

that was bang out of order, but as Lloyd said you need to mention it as it happens because it will just keep happening....!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mdwexford wrote:
    I heard Lukes 100 FO is changing from Thursdays to Fridays, anyone confirm if and when this is happening??
    According to Luke last week, he is doing this from the start of October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

I just didn't feel comfortable mentioning it, I wasn't in the hand and what effect would it have had in any event? Would the hand have been declared void? Would the guy who folded out of turn have been disqualified or sidelined? The dealer was having a right good chuckle about it as were the other players at the table. To be honest I was just too shocked to say anything and didn't feel comfortable about basically accusing people that I don't know of cheating in a place like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,251 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

obviously you know what i mean, by races i dont mean Ak v QQ type things(i.e.e the strict interpretation of th term), i mean running well. i also think anythin AIPF is a race its just sometime someone has a head start! :) also when i bad beat anyone it was when i was pot committed to the call. got lucky in those 2 spots but i think i deserved it as i was playing well.
    You weren't exactly pot commited with the AA hand. Most players would call it thinking AA was good but you seamed to know he had two pair. That was a huge pot for over half the chips in play to knock out the 6th player. I think we said 26% which is about right. I dont want to put too many details up, incase you post the hand, but I think you said yourself you played it badly.

johnnysmurfman, thats fairly bad. Folding out of position happens by mistake but that looks pretty intentional.
    What tables(s) were you at, how far did you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

5starpool wrote:
    According to Luke last week, he is doing this from the start of October.
    Dom are you heading in tonight for another repeat performance. might head in myself seems its a good structure...

I just didn't feel comfortable mentioning it, I wasn't in the hand and what effect would it have had in any event? Would the hand have been declared void? Would the guy who folded out of turn have been disqualified or sidelined? The dealer was having a right good chuckle about it as were the other players at the table. To be honest I was just too shocked to say anything and didn't feel comfortable about basically accusing people that I don't know of cheating in a place like that.
    It would have a short - term effect, in so far as someone at the table would have pointed out that it was wrong for him to fold out of turn - and it might have made the unintelligent twats laughing along reconsider whether they should be or not. And it would help to have a long - term effect, in that it might strike home with at least one person at the table so that they would never think of copying it.

You would have been right in what you were saying. And I believe players have some responsibillity to know what is fair and what isn't - and speak up when we don't like what is going on at the table.

Of course, I'm a confrontational twat - and love an aul argument. That's just me. :)

OK i think this was me - who folded out of turn - what happen was - another player came to the table(other table broke) and asked me what seat i was in, i was payin no attention to the play at all, out of the side of my eye i saw the dealer move his right hand - as if he was pointing at me, so i folded, it turned out that he was just playing with the mucked cards, i said this straight away that i thought it was on me, as i was distracted. The player did call with 89 or something similiar, but tbh i think he would have anyway(type of player he was). I do not know this other player at all.... other players at the table did comment that he probably made no difference to the play(as they know how he plays).

btw what do you mean by this: "against a tight enough player who has already folded an overpair to the board " - who was this player?

Also for anyone who was at the table or in the jackpot they know that its been my second time there.....

For anyone that was at the table or came to the table late -(like goodluck2me) it was the guy i knocked out with 62o when i turned 2 pair, and he had tp and flush draw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

10 8..... no good

• Advertisement

lol - yea that was a stupid call....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

AKQJ10 wrote:
    10 8..... no good

standard stuff then mark?

anything but standard, guy pushes all in(overbet) on an 8 high board(2 hearts)....

btw - u playing luke's tonight mark?

no i was the Big Blind, as i was about to say he was stealing "your blinds" as you constantly stole mine.

i stole them twice - and second time i had to show that crap i was playin with - so couldn't do it any more... either way i deserved to lose the hand - best hand(preflop) won...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

joe's a sick tell box.
    tighty mctight tries to raise utg but just calls, joe is one of many callers. flop A83. tighty mctight raises 500 into a pot of about 800, joe reraises to 1500, tighty mctight calls. turn is an 8 so board is A838 , tighty mctight bets 500... queue the most laughable speech play u will ever see...

joe "oh... i didnt even know you were in the hand (despite it being heads up at this stage).. did you try and raise preflop... i just cant put you on a hand... you dont have ace eight do you, maybe pocket eights. i don't know what you can have that beats me... i cant get away from this... oh man i've such a difficult decision here... THIS GOES ON FOR 3 FULL MINUTES... i think i'm ahead.... unless you have a house... you cant have aces can you? ANOTHER MINUTE GOES BY ... ok... i'm all in" and the speech play genius is insta-called and joes shows 8888!! i kid you not, if i had had AA in this hand i'd have folded... joe may as well have turned his cards face up!!

(also, i was less successful when i overplayed 2h4h in a 28k pot at the 150-300 level.. played it well though)

in other news... emporioum 50 gambool or luke's 100 think-fest!?!?!

Ace2007 wrote:
    i stole them twice - and second time i had to show that crap i was playin with - so couldn't do it any more... either way i deserved to lose the hand - best hand(preflop) won...
    wasn't there already a limper in that hand too, i think you said there was at the break

Mellor wrote:
    wasn't there already a limper in that hand too, i think you said there was at the break

that was a different hand - 63 hand - but i can't honestly remember what i hit in that hand or anything... right well tbh it might have been 62 and i hit 2 pair - but my memory is sooo bad atm and i can't remember..

the hand with joe - was after the break, i reaised with 23 - to rob the blinds, he called - flop was 864 he checked i checked, turn was 5 - he bet 1700 i instan called, river was 6 he checked i checked - which was kinda stupid cause i had to show my hand...

ditpoker wrote:
    joe's a sick tell box.
    tighty mctight tries to raise utg but just calls, joe is one of many callers. flop A83. tighty mctight raises 500 into a pot of about 800, joe reraises to 1500, tighty mctight calls. turn is an 8 so board is A838 , tighty mctight bets 500... queue the most laughable speech play u will ever see...

joe "oh... i didnt even know you were in the hand (despite it being heads up at this stage).. did you try and raise preflop... i just cant put you on a hand... you dont have ace eight do you, maybe pocket eights. i don't know what you can have that beats me... i cant get away from this... oh man i've such a difficult decision here... THIS GOES ON FOR 3 FULL MINUTES... i think i'm ahead.... unless you have a house... you cant have aces can you? ANOTHER MINUTE GOES BY ... ok... i'm all in" and the speech play genius is insta-called and joes shows 8888!! i kid you not, if i had had AA in this hand i'd have folded... joe may as well have turned his cards face up!!

(also, i was less successful when i overplayed 2h4h in a 28k pot at the 150-300 level.. played it well though)

in other news... emporioum 50 gambool or luke's 100 think-fest!?!?!
    I think tighty mctight is a little generous, considering that they called with QQ in the end.

When you made that fold for the huge pot, i said that you could of only folded a low FD, I was thinking 9 maybe 10 high FD, not a 2,4, no need to get involved in the JP at that stage, you had 8k at the 150 level, 50 BBs, i flet you were too eager to make a move.
    That was one of the reasons I folded the SB to you, you were shipping it over any raise from me. The fact that you had aces was irrelevant. After you left I did this again, folded sb to hyper-agro CL

side note, can you remember what the payout was when it was 5 places, Joe commented to cost him €200.

All in a good game, great structure for €40. Average stack on the FT was 30BBs, with joe being 80 at one point.
    heads up we were 68k vrs 92k blinds at 1k/2k, only lasted one hand though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

i think i might find 100 euro and play tonight, really sweet tourney. as for the call with 10 8 to Ace's overbet, id only got 1800 left and felt there was around a 5% chance i was good. he obv shows 88....nh,wp,donkey.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote:
    I think tighty mctight is a little generous, considering that they called with QQ in the end.
    If they find a call with QQ there - the speechplay was completely unneccesary in the first place.

Advertisement