Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

prizepool was 2040.. i think sarah had

1. 1000
    2. 550
    3. 250
    4. 140
    5. 100

i changed it to something like.

1. 800
    2. 450
    3. 350
    4. 200
    5. 140
    6. 100

not entirely sure why sarah agreed to use my pay structure. My argument was that for a 40 euro game it should be a friendlier prize structure and that strictly top 10% was unnecessary. with 1000 for first and 550 for second there will be a deal done 99% of the time in a 40 euro buy in game. with the structure i did the chances of a deal were alot slimmer (and indeed there was no deal done as far as i know).

incidently i think for a 100 buy in top 10% is fine, but i have also argued for the jackpot 20 euro game to have a top 20% pay out. for example, 80 players, prize pool of 1600 using a prize pool of something like

10-16.32

i think if the jackpot used 20% structure on a thursday you'd get alot more beginners coming back because of the excitement and achievement of "cashing" in a tournament, even though they actually only made ten quid. anyone playing a 20 euro game will be happy to 400 quid for a nighhts work.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    If they find a call with QQ there - the speechplay was completely unneccesary in the first place.

the player in question was ALWAYS calling, the hand they showed was actually irrelevent. it was just very funny altogether...

emporium or lukes?!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ditpoker wrote:
    tighty mctight tries to raise utg but just calls, joe is one of many callers. flop A83. tighty mctight raises 500 into a pot of about 800, joe reraises to 1500, tighty mctight calls.
    He raised check did he? Pet hate of mine, so I feel compelled to point it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

u in jackpot last nite - dit - didnt c any pizza boy....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

ditpoker wrote:
    joe's a sick tell box.
    tighty mctight tries to raise utg but just calls, joe is one of many callers. flop A83. tighty mctight raises 500 into a pot of about 800, joe reraises to 1500, tighty mctight calls. turn is an 8 so board is A838 , tighty mctight bets 500... queue the most laughable speech play u will ever see...

joe "oh... i didnt even know you were in the hand (to the guy who sai dhe fodled AK on the flop who was in between myself and the other girl)(despite it being heads up at this stage).. did you try and raise preflop... i just cant put you on a hand... you dont have ace eight do you,(never said that) maybe pocket eights. i don't know what you can have that beats me... i cant get away from this... oh man i've such a difficult decision here... THIS GOES ON FOR less about 20 seconds... i think i'm ahead.... ? ... ok... i'm all in" and the speech play genius is insta-called and joes shows 8888!! i kid you not, if i had had AA in this hand i'd have folded... joe may as well have turned his cards face up!!

(also, i was less successful when i overplayed 2h4h in a 28k pot at the 150-300 level.. played it well though)
    FYP - Also how did you play it well, you called off most of your stack to raises and re-raises and then fold when getting the odds. donkey.

PS Tight mcTight called with QQ on A838 board, hardly accurate.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:
    He raised check did he? Pet hate of mine, so I feel compelled to point it out.
    yea this what got her to call, she was so confused by me re-raising when she only bet that id imagine her world was turned upside down. :D i echo your latter sentiments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ditpoker wrote:
    prizepool was 2040.. i think sarah had

1. 1000
    2. 550
    3. 250
    4. 140
    5. 100

1. 800
    2. 450
    3. 350
    4. 200
    5. 140
    6. 100

not entirely sure why sarah agreed to use my pay structure. My argument was that for a 40 euro game it should be a friendlier prize structure and that strictly top 10% was unnecessary. with 1000 for first and 550 for second there will be a deal done 99% of the time in a 40 euro buy in game. with the structure i did the chances of a deal were alot slimmer (and indeed there was no deal done as far as i know).

incidently i think for a 100 buy in top 10% is fine, but i have also argued for the jackpot 20 euro game to have a top 20% pay out. for example, 80 players, prize pool of 1600 using a prize pool of something like

10-16.32

i think if the jackpot used 20% structure on a thursday you'd get alot more beginners coming back because of the excitement and achievement of "cashing" in a tournament, even though they actually only made ten quid. anyone playing a 20 euro game will be happy to 400 quid for a nighhts work.

Jaysus!! All of that is soooo fishy, I don't even know where to begin. If I had been at that FT I would have objected to changing the payout structure. The one Sarah had in place was what they used four weeks ago when I chopped it. There was the same sh!t at the final table that time about "friendly payouts" and "getting your money back at the FT". I was having none of it. What Sarah had in place was fine.

If I had my way, any tournaments below the $100 level online; and below the €250 level live - would have a 5% payout - which is relatively flat. It should be obvious as to why that would increase the expectation of a boardsie in the Jackpot €40 or €20 tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ditpoker wrote:

1. 800
    2. 450
    3. 350

Thats a bit rough. The difference between 2nd and 3rd is too small. 480/320 would have been better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

So, who's goin to Lukes then?

80% sure i'll be there.... and i'll make sure not to fold out of turn

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote:
    80% sure i'll be there.... and i'll make sure not to fold out of turn

Say hello, I'm incredibly handsome, you won't miss me.

480 320 prob would have been better. i made it up as i went along during the break. to be fair, sarah did ask a good few people in the jackpot who were still left in the tourny at the break which pay out they preferred. EVERYONE who was asked said they preferred mine!

joe your speech play was GENIUS! loved it, but i think anyone who knows you would have known you were silly strong. only worry is now when u use super speech play to bluff me off some monster!! damn your trickery!!

dom, the woman went to raise to 500 but didnt say raise so the 500 chip only counted as a call... hence the raise check! :p

ace2007... i arrived at the break in my domino's gear.. someone had ordered a small pepperoni but no-one wanted it so i traded it for a buy in and played the tournament. not 100% sure who u are but i think i've an idea! :p

following much negotiations myself and lloyd are inski. lloyd will be the chap complaining about how bad he runs and how live poker is rigged and moan moan moan, then he'll get it all in with AT against KQ and there'll be a king on the river and we'll all have to hear about it tomorrow.

i'll be the guy baffled by my surroundings, the big buy in, the quality of players im up against... until i get drawn at a table with bohsman, flushdraw, and akqj10 and i'll run all over the table!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ditpoker wrote:
    following much negotiations myself and lloyd are inski. lloyd will be the chap complaining about how bad he runs and how live poker is rigged and moan moan moan, then he'll get it all in with AT against KQ and there'll be a king on the river and we'll all have to hear about it tomorrow.

And probably no Ace on the flop or turn I'm guessing :(

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    And probably no Ace on the flop or turn I'm guessing :(

You don't need one. :)

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Jaysus!! All of that is soooo fishy, I don't even know where to begin. If I had been at that FT I would have objected to changing the payout structure. The one Sarah had in place was what they used four weeks ago when I chopped it. There was the same sh!t at the final table that time about "friendly payouts" and "getting your money back at the FT". I was having none of it. What Sarah had in place was fine.

If I had my way, any tournaments below the $100 level online; and below the €250 level live - would have a 5% payout - which is relatively flat. It should be obvious as to why that would increase the expectation of a boardsie in the Jackpot €40 or €20 tournaments.
    i said this to sarah when i asked of the structuer with 11 left and i complained about it, and said she had to keep it like that. i thought it was because someone upstairs told her to change it to increase the likelihood of people playing cash afterwards, i didnt find out it was geoff until the FT. then when i won it she says sure if youd have objected id have changed it. lol, i DID!
    still happy of how things went and on another night i mightnt have been there at all.

Lukes 100 game seems to be getting a few no`s. i wont be there now but GL2those playing.

ditpoker wrote:
    ace2007... i arrived at the break in my domino's gear.. someone had ordered a small pepperoni but no-one wanted it so i traded it for a buy in and played the tournament. not 100% sure who u are but i think i've an idea! :p
    lol at you thinking he was Hector!

i could not be more confused. ??

ditpoker wrote:
    i could not be more confused. ??
    remember i pointed out to you who Ace2007 was and you said "who hector?!" as i was pointing to him with the hat on.

yea, basically i just have no idea who anyone is, i still think goodluck2me is mark and akqj10 is ross and luckylloyd is joe... :p

• Advertisement

re the 8.30pm start time in lukes... does this mean cards in the air at 8.30 or meaningless unorganised confusion for 25mins and then a rather abrupt start at 8.55pm with three players at each table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

i wish hector was on boards

i hope spiral isn't at our table this week...

Lazare wrote:
    Say hello, I'm incredibly handsome, you won't miss me.

You're ever so modest Conor....This was what he looked like before the surgery

quasimodo%20whipped%20closeup.jpg

Flushdraw wrote:
    You're ever so modest Conor....This was what he looked like before the surgery

quasimodo%20whipped%20closeup.jpg

Tony, you've got it so wrong, that was taken after the surgery. I sure is pretty.

Lazare wrote:
    Tony, you've got it so wrong, that was taken after the surgery. I sure is pretty.

It was just a bad phote...the light setting was off!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,254 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

850, 450, 300 would be better even,

Also it goes without saying myself and joe would of been happy if Jeff let it and we took 1550 between us rather than 1250.

If there was 550 & 1000 for last two a deal would of been more likely. There wasn't much room to alter 800, 450. 550 each play for 150???

Bad beat..Just after being asked can cover in work tomorrow :(

In at 730 so touch and go whether Luke's is a goer tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

you old folk need too much sleep

• Advertisement

i dont like your attitude tony... if you dont play who will send lloyd on tilt by 3 betting him with 9 high and showing!? WHO TONY!!!?! WHO!!??!?!

Advertisement