Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ditpoker wrote: »
    i would prefer if you didnt play!:)

Have you not heard how bad i'm running lately? Total donation tonight if i go!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe I'll just go where ever Flushdraw is.

DeadMoney_200_200.png

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Maybe I'll just go where ever Flushdraw is.

DeadMoney_200_200.png

I love a challenge! Bring it on Paul!

I'll be in sporting. :):p

I got Spiraled in the 2nd level of the scalps in CHL. J9 no good against his A9 on a 9943 board :(

21 runners just after kickoff but i'm sure this got closer to 30 by the time the break came around. A few boardsies there and most sitting at my table with LuckyLloyd, Aodea, Hatedajacks and Alan Gibbons beginning a 5 handed table before it filed up. DITpoker was having fun on the far table!

I liked the structure and play of this game, but didnt last long enough to see what its like towards the end. I can imagine that it will go on fairly late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

yeah good game. agter all my raises being reraised i made stand with kj and suprisingly didnt suck out. ditpoker and lloyd still going when i left.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How many runners Paul? I will possibly attend one of these before they finish, although I won't if I can't make the week of the game which is looking likely now :(

Reading deleted posts is great :)

5starpool wrote: »
    How many runners Paul? I will possibly attend one of these before they finish, although I won't if I can't make the week of the game which is looking likely now :(

Reading deleted posts is great :)

Yea, lol, I know you can read them too! Decided I couldn't be arsed reliving it.

There were 31 players.

4 Tickets, 5th and 6th get some cash and entry to another sat.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I won my ticket and im really pleased about it. Even more value in the main event so!. Others to get a ticket were Danielle from Newfoundland, Sherman and some other guy i didnt know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I won my ticket and im really pleased about it. Even more value in the main event so!. Others to get a ticket were Danielle from Newfoundland, Sherman and some other guy i didnt know.

Get in Rounders!!!! WD sir!! I expect bloggage. :rolleyes:

Also Sherman is a legend. He's won 3 tickets in a row!! Did he sell last nights ticket as well??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

well done Rounders, great comeback from the dead after that QQ vs AQ suckout! That Danielle girl really impressed me with her play also

Sorry for accusing you of overacting btw, I genuinely thought you were doing something very wierd there....

Sorry for accusing you of overacting btw, I genuinely thought you were doing something very wierd there....

Sounds like pwnage to me, Details please?? :D

well done Rounders, great comeback from the dead after that QQ vs AQ suckout! That Danielle girl really impressed me with her play also

Thanks for the congrats lads. Yeah i looked at my cards the second i got them that time but i didnt need to look again because they were A9d so easier to remember like but definately not an intentional acting performance!. I considered calling but i wasnt in a good spot a lot of the time there with that.
    yeah the QQ i was so pleased i didnt go on tilt when that got beat.

The Danielle girl absolutely destroyed the ft and toyed with us like fools like ive never seen a table destroyed before. Initially i was impressed. She was having a ball but later on admitted she was hitting everything and getting premium pairs a lot and she never lies. She got very VERY spewy to a ridiculous extent later on but by then had so much chips they really would have been hard to lose even on purpose. I thought i heard her say she would be unable to play the ME because of going back home. A bit unlucky yourself, theres a need to do the necessary like that but like online someones always waiting behind!.
    I dont know if Sherman sold it olly as i didnt stick around. It was well gone 3.30am by the finish.
    p.s was that the chopper on the FT?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Sherman is on some run. Fair play to him.

Who is Danielle? Regular or what?

Congrats Rounders..put the ticket to use. Yeah Sherman is some man, 3 tickets, sick run.

What BCB was trying to say is, who's Danielle, is she hot, any pictures?

I dont know if Sherman sold it olly as i didnt stick around. It was well gone 3.30am by the finish.

Well he sold the other two as he wasn't going to be around but by the looks of things hes destined to play the big game. :rolleyes:

I assume you are playing the main event Aidan? If you are looking to sell 5% let me know. ;)
    (since I'm not playing it myself and NFR wouldn't sell me a percentage you're not a bad third choice!! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Flushdraw wrote: »

I was trying to be diplomatic :)

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Congrats Rounders..put the ticket to use. Yeah Sherman is some man, 3 tickets, sick run.

Shes very confident, like a young Kay Burly(sky news).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Hate to sound like a broken record on this forum every week but is there money added in the Jackpot tonight? I can't telephone to find out as they don't open in time for me to travel if the money is added and if it's not added then I might just stay at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

just play on your lap top instead, get kate to hold it for you, and watch you dont get any water on it either ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Thanks for the congrats lads. Yeah i looked at my cards the second i got them that time but i didnt need to look again because they were A9d so easier to remember like but definately not an intentional acting performance!. I considered calling but i wasnt in a good spot a lot of the time there with that.
    yeah the QQ i was so pleased i didnt go on tilt when that got beat.

it was just a very funny moment (well to me anyway) as I was following the action as it folded around the table to me and didn't notice you take a peek in the BB. Then I shove my puny stack (about 8BBs) in LP and it folds to you and you sit there doing the whole 'pondering Eternity' thing for about a minute. I thought you had either spaced out and forgotten the action was on you or for some reason you were considering calling blind![/QUOTE]

The Danielle girl absolutely destroyed the ft and toyed with us like fools like ive never seen a table destroyed before. Initially i was impressed. She was having a ball but later on admitted she was hitting everything and getting premium pairs a lot and she never lies. She got very VERY spewy to a ridiculous extent later on but by then had so much chips they really would have been hard to lose even on purpose. I thought i heard her say she would be unable to play the ME because of going back home.

even if she was getting slapped in the face by the deck, she was still making us look like chumps! not difficult maybe but I was still impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

johnnysmurfman, no money added in jackpot anymore as far as i know.

wp rounders!

in other news: poker sucks! my last 8 tourneys i've cashed 6 times, but only got more than double my money once! i'd make more dealing!!! grrrr! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Does CHLs have a Website?(Apologies if this has been answered previously, I've never seen this thread before and its a bit big to browse through).

If it doesn't have a website can anyone tell me what the first-time entry requirements are, ID, membership fee, optical photo like the SE etc?

Cheers.

Drivers licence or passport, over 18's, no membership fee. Standard stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Muchas gracias

it was just a very funny moment (well to me anyway) as I was following the action as it folded around the table to me and didn't notice you take a peek in the BB. Then I shove my puny stack (about 8BBs) in LP and it folds to you and you sit there doing the whole 'pondering Eternity' thing for about a minute. I thought you had either spaced out and forgotten the action was on you or for some reason you were considering calling blind!

lol yeah at certain times last nite for some reason i wasnt with it at all i must admit. i think i had one last look a second before i mucked and i think thats when you must have thought it was the first time i looked.
    even if she was getting slapped in the face by the deck, she was still making us look like chumps! not difficult maybe but I was still impressed

I totally agree and she didnt even rebuy or top up. I played AcKc very optimally against her early on the FT. I bet pre flop, i checked the flop when missed, i checked the turn when missed and i check/folded the river when i missed and she bet!. hate to take away from what she done but she ruined it later with colossal chip spewing that came close to making the chief look like a nit.

wp rounders!

Thanks Jeff i hope as many as possible here try their hand at the last satellites.

BTW BCB could you organise getting me priced up in the betting?.

Muchas gracias

de nada

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

johnnysmurfman, no money added in jackpot anymore as far as i know.

wp rounders!

in other news: poker sucks! my last 8 tourneys i've cashed 6 times, but only got more than double my money once! i'd make more dealing!!! grrrr! :(
    me points at thinly veiled brag attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Played CHL's 75DC scalp game. 5 of 28. Happy with how I played and fully enjoyed it. The structures in Lukes are really fcuking incredible. 8.5k; 30min clock; ALL the levels; AND ANTES FROM 200 / 400 ON!!:)

From a regular weekly tournament perspective I have no reason to play anywhere else at present. After this week I will prolly play the Sunday Omaha freezeout a lot.

Oh, and, Jeff is a fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Played CHL's 75DC scalp game. 5 of 28. Happy with how I played and fully enjoyed it. The structures in Lukes are really fcuking incredible. 8.5k; 30min clock; ALL the levels; AND ANTES FROM 200 / 400 ON!!:)

From a regular weekly tournament perspective I have no reason to play anywhere else at present. After this week I will prolly play the Sunday Omaha freezeout a lot.

Oh, and, Jeff is a fish.

just wonderin Lloyd what time did this finish at - the structures as you say are great but from the couple of times i've played it seems to go on forever and for a midweek tournament, do you really want to be there till early in the morning(wasn't that the reason the 100FO was changed)...

O and hasn't jeff always bein a fish???

Advertisement