Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Jeff the SE recently has closed for the night at short notice with no explanation as of why. The latest closure is on Saturday when the Monthly €200 game is meant to be on. They are opening at 1:30 for cash games, but I cant see why they would bother at that stage.

- I understand that they make a mint from private functions;
    - I believe it is fairly common knowledge that the poker room is less profitable than the gaming floor by a country mile and management doesn't give two fecks about it or the players that frequent it;

It's just business is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Dermo' Desmond didn't get where he is today by being a nice man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

Which is turning out the most numbers these days for Wednesday rebuy, Fitz or CHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    - I understand that they make a mint from private functions;
    - I believe it is fairly common knowledge that the poker room is less profitable than the gaming floor by a country mile and management doesn't give two fecks about it or the players that frequent it;

It's just business is all.
    Yeh I know and I understand that. Still Gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Anyone going to winners on Friday for the 10K guaranteed?think i`ll play for a change...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Whats the buy-in? I cant find a thread for it

Whats the buy-in? I cant find a thread for it

think its 100 and one rebuy or top up for 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Cheers, prob be down to play this one. Thought it was just a bingo hall!!! :D

Cheers, prob be down to play this one. Thought it was just a bingo hall!!! :D

most of the players play like it is bingo, so your mistake is jsutified!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Anyone going to winners on Friday for the 10K guaranteed?think i`ll play for a change...

more than likely
    Say hello, I'll be the short hairy fellow with a limp

• Advertisement

DeadParrot wrote: »
    more than likely
    Say hello, I'll be the short hairy fellow with a limp

you`ve met me in Lukes before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Oh yeah :o
    Well then say hello again and dont be rude :)

There really should be a know your boardie thread for forgetful feckers like me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Hi Gang,
    Anyone heading into this? Might have a good turnout....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TimFoil

Anyone know if the early 50FO is on in CHLs this evening @ 7.00?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

smurph wrote: »
    Hi Gang,

I'm playing live for a change..

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Hi Gang,

3 way chop between myself, Mike Lacey and Giovanni for €5,000 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

well done lucksak

u race good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭pete1234

you dont sleep either???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone playin the scaples in the fitz tonight - i haven't play in ages thinking of giving tonight a go... so anyone know if its still good craic, since lukes doesn't seem to be getting many from what ditpoker said(which reminds me i haven't slagged you in '08 yet):D

I havent played live since December :( but I am going to go to the SE start of month game tomorrow. Anyone going?

• Advertisement

KaG1888 wrote: »
    I havent played live since December :( but I am going to go to the SE start of month game tomorrow. Anyone going?

The Sporting Emporium game is postponed for a Week and is on the 9th February instead.

The Fitz are running a €120 freezeout 7.5K starting stack
    http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/
    starting at 7.00 p.m.

The Green Joker Poker €550 S/H tournament is on tomorrow as part of their festival
    http://www.greenjokerpoker.com/edpc2008.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

KaG1888 wrote: »
    eoghan104 wrote: »
    ...Im pretty peeved with them always closing at late notice. Id made arrangements to play on Saturday and now its closed? WTF?
    ollyk1 wrote: »
    On the other hand it'll give the Fitz game at 7pm a chance to take off as it seemed to be struggling for numbers from reports. WP SE and thanks for the headsup Eoghan.

Sounds as if there is no monthly game in the SE this month.

Fitz look likes a viable alternative looks like a very good structure and what with Olly's dead money and mine if I make it in... :cool:

The Sporting Emporium game is postponed for a Week and is on the 9th February instead.

The Fitz are running a €120 freezeout 7.5K starting stack
    http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/
    starting at 7.00 p.m.

The Green Joker Poker €550 S/H tournament is on tomorrow as part of their festival
    http://www.greenjokerpoker.com/edpc2008.html

Cheers

That could of been embarrassing turning up. I'll probably head to the Fitz game. Jaysus haven't been there in ages.

Im heading in for the scalps game tonight.
    They had 80 + runners last night for the E.O.M tournament..... place is really taking shape after renovations.....
    New snazy hanging lights over tables etc.,

lights over tables? is this upstairs? - if its downstairs i never noticed that. wonder what the chances are me and u end up on the same table - either that - or u and bob...
    80 runners last nite? wow AKQJ10 really need to learn to count - he said 50.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    lights over tables? is this upstairs? - if its downstairs i never noticed that. wonder what the chances are me and u end up on the same table - either that - or u and bob...
    80 runners last nite? wow AKQJ10 really need to learn to count - he said 50.

The lights are upstairs, and they have gotten rid of that "Dr Quirky's" look in reception (thank god)
    I am destined to have "BIG BAD BOB" at my table.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

wow AKQJ10 really need to learn to count - he said 50.

he was gone early - he probably missed those who arrived a few minutes late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

he was gone early - he probably missed those who arrived a few minutes late.

i was late my self, wish i was 3 hands later tbh.

Anyone playin the scaples in the fitz tonight - i haven't play in ages thinking of giving tonight a go... so anyone know if its still good craic, since lukes doesn't seem to be getting many from what ditpoker said(which reminds me i haven't slagged you in '08 yet):D

the scalps is a horrible hoorible disheartening tournament, but im so addicted to it!

• Advertisement

c u later so joe... 910o.....

Advertisement