Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ace2007 wrote:
    refering to me?

by the way it is pot limit tomorrow night?
    Yes on both counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ligger wrote:
    And there the Hellmuth similarity ends...;)

You going in tonight to the scalps game? Considering being the value by attending this.

lol :D

I don't arrive late for the cameras!! I arrive late because I live nearby and tend to consistently underestimate how long it will take me to stroll in. Plus I tend to get more hall passes if I stay home and attempt to wash up after the dinner on occasion!! ;):p

I'm playing a certain Monsieur Monkey in ours Headsup game in the Fitz tonight at 7.30 so I don't know if I'll make the SE afterwards....I guess the answer is maybe...

Wednesday night is still my favourite game although the numbers tend to vary a lot more in the summer. Some nights its getting 50+ and others 30+

Good luck if you attend anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

5starpool wrote:
    Anyone here planning to play the new Omaha only game in the Fitz tomorrow night? I think I'll give it a go unless something comes up in the meantime.

I don't like the fact that there are 2 rebuys, I alredy voiced my opinion that it should only be one rebuy or even a DC game, but there you have it. It is 40+10+5 (10 scalp) and 2 rebuys for 50. I think it is 2k/3k/4k (with 400 bonus). Not sure about clock, but will update after playing. Hopefully it will get 4 tables or so.

Dom is this a round of each game...?

edit - i'm donating to the SE game on Saturday..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dom is this a round of each game...?

no its all omaha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hey - Does anyone know what the story is with the wednesday tournament in the fitz? This is on their new website:

No-Limit Texas Hold-em.
    Buy in €20, Registration fee €5.
    One re-buy or one top up.

I can't quite rememebr but i thought it was a multi rebuy tourney with 1K starting stack - but appears to have changed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

going to head in to Dublin tonight.. Is the SE still the best tourney on a Wednesday night?

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

yes mac. ;)

I want revenge

mickste wrote:
    yes mac. ;)

I want revenge

lol at that... you havn't a chance........ my 62o will do it everytime!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Macspower wrote:
    my 62o will do it everytime!!!

lol.. i'd say there are only a handful of boardsies who can say the above with any sort of conviction and mac is DEFINATELY one of them!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Shortstack wrote:
    I will be providing some dead money at Drogheda Poker Club tonight. €250+€20 Freezeout, €5k Gtd. 10k starting. 8.30pm.

Some dead money that was, did you win it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

rag2gar wrote:
    Some dead money that was, did you win it?

Yeah I took it down, much to Joe's annoyance. He really wanted the trophy and had 150k out of 210k 3 handed. When it got heads up I didn't lose a hand against him. He is still probably tilting in the cash game :)

Sean was 4th BTW after sucking out on you.

Nice result Mike, i'd say the Joe fella is cracking up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Sean got unlucky in one hand when one of the nordy boys spiked an out know one knew about and then tilted the rest which was nice for me as i had nice spin against him and eoin combined for a healthy profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

yeh i caught the end of the nordy boys, who would be the muldoon brothers, very good players btw imo. michael got 4th in ept in the vic, i think.
    nice "spinnage" trippie

edwardo el eagle left up nearly 2k id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

ollyk1 wrote:
    Where did you read that 30something?

It's always been a 6pm reg and a 6.30pm start. Ring the SE to confirm but the one thing I will say for the lads in there is that they always start the game at the time they say it will start (I'm never on time these days :rolleyes: but I always ring in advance to confirm my seat and arrive during the first level if you don't do this and arrive late you could run into trouble depending on the tournie being played).

You were asking about a regular tournie in the SE before as well I seem to recall and asking would it start at 8.30pm, Registration is from 8.30 pm and the games start at 9.00pm except on Sundays when they start at 7.30pm.

"Antes up" qotes it as starting at 6.00pm

Many heading into the SE for the 200 deep stack on Saturday ?

Olly dont bring your KK with you. Its becoming upsetting .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

semibluff wrote:
    yeh i caught the end of the nordy boys, who would be the muldoon brothers, very good players btw imo. michael got 4th in ept in the vic, i think.
    nice "spinnage" trippie

edwardo el eagle left up nearly 2k id say

They played well but a lack of cards hindered them alot i didnt mind as i wasnt too keen to play big pots against them as i was out of position while i was happy to keep playing against eoin and sean a they were running bad

KaG1888 wrote:
    Many heading into the SE for the 200 deep stack on Saturday ?

Olly dont bring your KK with you. Its becoming upsetting .

Who are you? Were you the guy that ran his set of sevens into my set of kings?

mickste wrote:
    yes mac. ;)

I want revenge

And revenge he certainly got....

A quick snap of the chip Daddy in all his glory last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ollyk1 wrote:

am I the only who's thinking that Mick's sartorial standards have slipped considerably?

nice stacks btw

• Advertisement

With that many chips I think he should have much nicer patterns. It is quite intimidating though.

Luckbox.

5starpool wrote:
    With that many chips I think he should have much nicer patterns. It is quite intimidating though.

Luckbox.

In fairness to Mick he got to the FT with ~70% of the chips in play and he took a stanglehold on the table and just didn't relent.

He didn't have time for no fancy pattern making he was too busy oppressing!!

ollyk1 wrote:

Was delighted to see him doing well in the tourney.... keeps him away from the cash games ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Phallic symbol.....................anybody..................

ollyk1 wrote:
    In fairness to Mick he got to the FT with ~70% of the chips in play and he took a stanglehold on the table and just didn't relent.

He didn't have time for no fancy pattern making he was too busy oppressing!!
    I also like the little aside that is him riffling 10 scalp chips nonchalently.

5starpool wrote:
    I also like the little aside that is him riffling 10 scalp chips nonchalently

please congratulate yourself for magnificent use of the English language

please congratulate yourself for magnificent use of the English language
    What a nice compliment, thanks Glyn.

I will write 100 lines of "I must not abuse moderator powers"

ollyk1 wrote:

Thats an impressive stack, good going Mick

5starpool wrote:
    What a nice compliment, thanks Glyn.

I will write 100 lines of "I must not abuse moderator powers"

I feel violated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Anyone playing Se tonight?Pints beforehand?

Advertisement