Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

how did u and tony do in the scalps ridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

fitz 75+5 game, on monday, approx numbers and how accurate is the "8.30" start!?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Usually 30-45 I think on a Monday. They are a lot better on starts now in the Fitz than they used to be. Unless there are under 10 players it will start within 5 mins of 8.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

anyone know what the SE game is this tuesday? whats the sat to? may fest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thomasoy

Hi,
    we're 2 Norwegians going to Dublin for the weekend May 23-25th, need some help on deciding on where to play.

Have done som research, looks like we have only 2 real alternatives each night (dont think there are any special events/tournies running this weekend, let me know if I'm wrong because slightly higher buyin would be perfect!):

Fri:
    100+10 FO at Cool Hand lukes or
    100+10 DC at Sporting Emporium

Sat:
    120+5 FO at Fitz or
    100+10 FO at Sporting Emporium

We prefer the most runners possible, good cash games afterwards a definite plus (must have at least 1/2 NL or PL). Also looking for a fun atmosphere, but I guess all the above have that (?).

All insider tips are most appreciated!
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

The game with the most runners that weekend will be the 45+10+5 with 1 rebuy or topup game on Friday night in the Fitz. It gets approx 70 runners. It seems like you are not interested in a rebuy game, but it fits all your criteria.

Friday nights in general is probably thr busiest night in all the clubs in Dublin anyhow with cash games in each of them available from early. I think you are right that there are no festival events etc on that weekend, you are coming a week or two too early so miss on on some of them.

Good luck wherever you decide anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Who's going to what tomorrow night?

How many runners does Lukes get vs SE game?

Who's going to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Who's going to what tomorrow night?

How many runners does Lukes get vs SE game?

Who's going to what?

Im playing in the Scalps Tournament in the Fitzwilliam (I have to defend my crown ya know:cool::cool:)
    It gets between 60 - 70 Runners 8.30 sharp start...

I don't know about chl's or S.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

I'm going to Luke's tonight, anyone else heading in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Lazare wrote: »
    I'm going to Luke's tonight, anyone else heading in?

50/50 I may have to break my poker sabbatical as my brother is looking for a gamble and it would be rude to leave him go on his own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭playable_hand

smurph wrote: »
    Im playing in the Scalps Tournament in the Fitzwilliam (I have to defend my crown ya know:cool::cool:)
    It gets between 60 - 70 Runners 8.30 sharp start...

I don't know about chl's or S.E.

ur lucky, smurph that im not yet there coz i might steal ur crown, :D

ollyk1 wrote: »
    50/50 I may have to break my poker sabbatical as my brother is looking for a gamble and it would be rude to leave him go on his own.

It got three tables, I just busted there now in 10th, bleh.

Got to meet Graham Linehan of Father Ted fame, so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Did you say to him "Theres more to Ireland than dis!"

Graham Linehan i'm Alan Partridge(1st 2 clips)

Legend

It got three tables, I just busted there now in 10th, bleh.

Graham is a lovely fellah but he has a rather unusually large head (and this is from a guy with a head with a 64" circumference!) and I always find myself staring at the size of it when I'm playing with him!

We ended up playing in the SE Conor as it was close to where my brothers fiance was going out (the reason he was free to play lol). I managed to take it down for 1250 profit (after playing an hour headsup when the guy kept coming off the ropes) and then as the guys in the nl cash game had been giving me stick all night for playing a donkament I jumped into the nl game for an hour and won 550 (easy money those guys!!)

I'm playing a sat for the 1k game (as I have two tickets from winning the last two tournies I've played) and after that the poker sabbatical recommences.

P.S. A big thanks to ElS for the use of his mojo beggar he did help me crack aces last night early doors!!!:D I knew kidnapping that guy was +EV

Did you say to him "Theres more to Ireland than dis!"

Graham Linehan i'm Alan Partridge(1st 2 clips)

Legend

LOL, that episode was so funny. :)

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Graham is a lovely fellah but he has a rather unusually large head (and this is from a guy with a head with a 64" circumference!) and I always find myself staring at the size of it when I'm playing with him!

We ended up playing in the SE Conor as it was close to where my brothers fiance was going out (the reason he was free to play lol). I managed to take it down for 1250 profit (after playing an hour headsup when the guy kept coming off the ropes) and then as the guys in the nl cash game had been giving me stick all night for playing a donkament I jumped into the nl game for an hour and won 550 (easy money those guys!!)

I'm playing a sat for the 1k game (as I have two tickets from winning the last two tournies I've played) and after that the poker sabbatical recommences.

P.S. A big thanks to ElS for the use of his mojo beggar he did help me crack aces last night early doors!!!:D I knew kidnapping that guy was +EV

Sweet wp Olly.

Sabbaticals are -EV :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

How many runners does Lukes usually get today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Nice touches Ollie. WP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Oh only if i could run as good as you olly. Congrats. I played against your man one night conor didnt know it was his wife on the other table absolute stunner nearly put my foot init!

120+5 FO in the Fitz anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

love to but can't - proabably see u later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

jbravado wrote: »
    How many runners does Lukes usually get today?

Really hard to say, was getting 30+ a month ago, then dropped off a good bit with exams etc, 10-30 is the best I can estimate.

Grahams fairly regular in Lukes, took a couple of months to realise who he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Is the 30 FO on tonight in Lukes?....How many normally show up?

Oh only if i could run as good as you olly. Congrats.

Cheers lads. You know how I roll Danny so don't fight it!

lI think a special thanks are due to mr kashmachine as I played a really tight game and waited until I was a huge favorite before getting my money all-in. Meanwhile BCB was doing his bollix getting it in as a marginal favorite in the cash game I think that proves the point.

Hi,
    we're 2 guys coming to Dublin for the weekend to play some poker. Think we'll go for the Fitz EUR 50+5 w/1 rebuy on Friday.

So the question is for Saturday: who gets the most runners between 120+5 Fitz freezeout and Sporting Emporium 100+10 freezeout? I guess having to pay 25 for the membership at SE could be worth it, but only if there are more runners or better sidegames after. What are your best projections?

Cheers
    Crazy norwegian

Chances are the Sporting Emporium will get more runners on Saturday I'd say, although I don't know how many runners they will get as I have not played the Saturday tourney there in months. The Fitz gets between 20-35 entries. Chances are I will be playing there anyhow.

Good luck with your trip.

Thanks 5starpool. Could you say in 2 words why you prefer the Fitz over the SE? Is it more laid back/fun/better cashgames/crazy players or something?

Personal preference really. That and the fact that they have Omaha cash games which the SE don't have usually. I have been a regular in the Fitz for years, so am naturally diposed to going there over other places I guess. The SE is a very good card room as well and I do play there from time to time.

If, apart from the tournie, you want:

Omaha cash games - go to the Fitz
    No Limit holdem cash games : go to the SE.
    Pot limit holdem cash games - either place will have them.

If you are going to the Fitz on Friday anyhow you will be able see that for your self anyhow, but personally if I were to go away on a poker weekend, I might want to visit a few places. Apart from the two mentioned here there are also Cool Hand Lukes and the Jackpot to visit, both have their good points as well, and it would be good for future information for yourself if you visited as many as possible.

More than 2 words, sorry. If I had to use only 2 to answer your original question, they would be 'Omaha' & 'Food'.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭derek2222_ie

what to people feel is the best game on tonight (friday). I am heading in tonight and was thinking of playing the F/O. Is this generally considered the best game. Will there be cash games after and what levels normally.

Cheers
    Derek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

scaples in fitz anyone?

Advertisement