Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone heading to the Fitz Omaha scaple tournament tonight - just think of all those scaples!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

cheers lads. The best part was after knocking out rory heads up he got his revenge by destroying those towers.;)

sam if you're about i'll be at keogh's around twenty to nine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

cool

Just home from the Omaha tournament in the Fitz, got 26 runners - great tournament imo, first prize was getting around 1400 i think... defo would recommand it for anyone, come along next thursday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'm going to be in Dublin tomorrow so will pop in to play the SE game. Who's going? I'm going to destroy everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

NickyOD wrote:
    I'm going to be in Dublin tomorrow so will pop in to play the SE game. Who's going? I'm going to destroy everyone.

Nicky for gods-sake if you take a finger out and read this forum there's a thread about this game...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Anyone playing the jackpot tonight, 50+5 game?

Whats it usually like? Runners? Standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

are the Jackpot running tournaments or is it just cash until the official reopen on Wednesday???

Same as always. Tourney Schedule is up there somewhere on a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

How many runners does the friday jackpot game usually get??

• Advertisement

I dont know, I asked the same question a while ago but seeing as the Sporting is having its end of month tonight it mite hurt some numbers?

I dont know, I asked the same question a while ago but seeing as the Sporting is having its end of month tonight it mite hurt some numbers?

The SE game is tomorrow isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

Im heading into the jackpot tonight, does anyone know for sure if the tourney is definetly on?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

digiman wrote:
    Im heading into the jackpot tonight, does anyone know for sure if the tourney is definetly on?

Did you play digiman?? How did you get on?

Think you might have been beside me on table 3??
    I was seat 7. then seat 3 on FT, busted 7th or 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Played in the FItz Scalps game 83 Runners,
    540K chips in play, when the final table was formed there was 9 left and the Antes were 2.k 5K with 15Mins left in that blind level. I asked if the level could be repeated as the average chips at the final table was 12 BBlinds. They repeated it. so it made for good play. Got my stack from 50 up to 180K and then overplayed A8 5Handed running into KQ who checked a K high flop:o

5th for €420,
    they split the rest 4 ways €1,400 each giving dealer €100 each and dealt 2 hands for the EOM tickets.

Kinda dissapointed with my play at the end, and I don't know if I would have done a deal, it was €2,900 + EOM €270 ticket for 1st Place ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

smurph wrote:
    540K chips in play, when the final table was formed there was 9 left and the Antes were 2.k 5K with 15Mins left in that blind level. I asked if the level could be repeated as the average chips at the final table was 12 BBlinds. They repeated it. so it made for good play. Got my stack from 50 up to 180K and then overplayed A8 5Handed running into KQ who checked a K high flop:o

5th for €420,
    they split the rest 4 ways €1,400 each giving dealer €100 each and dealt 2 hands for the EOM tickets.

Kinda dissapointed with my play at the end, and I don't know if I would have done a deal, it was €2,900 + EOM €270 ticket for 1st Place ah well.
    Unlucky but well played at the same time - Smurph
    same here ive no problem doing deals but usually heads up or maybe 3 handed, dealer got a nice touch tho.....:p

smurph wrote:

5th for €420,

Did a guy wearing a hat(he was bald) make the final table???? he was saying with 4 table left he had around 60K and was planning on cruising to the final table...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

yeah he made the final table then busted out ninth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

modmuffin wrote:
    Did you play digiman?? How did you get on?

Think you might have been beside me on table 3??
    I was seat 7. then seat 3 on FT, busted 7th or 8th.

I did yeah, I came 3rd. Was dissapointed I could't go on to win it, didnt pick up any hands after it got 3 handed and eventually had to push the flop with outside straight draw when the older man to my left for nearly all night had 2 pair and thats all she wrote. He played well, he had a huge chip lead when it got HU so I would say he went on to win it.

I presume you were to my left on the first table, and to my right on the FT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

digiman wrote:
    outside straight draw ????
    what is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

an oesd ldo!

Anyone know if there is a Vegas Nights tourney on in Mileys in Blessington tonight?

I am not affiliated in any way with this tourney btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

anybody in for the SE game tonight? I might try and make it back up for it.

Think i'll be headin to the fitz tourney tonight - 75FO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Can we please get rid of this thread? Is there really anything wrong with using the regular tournament thread for asking about whos going to what and how you got on.

Theres never a lot of high content threads on the tournie page anyway so theres no fear of them being pushed onto the 2nd page because of this so called low content clutter.

Its so much easier to see whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 36,274 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Flushdraw wrote:
    Can we please get rid of this thread? Is there really anything wrong with using the regular tournament thread for asking about whos going to what and how you got on.

Theres never a lot of high content threads on the tournie page anyway so theres no fear of them being pushed onto the 2nd page because of this so called low content clutter.

I disagree. This thread is a WINNER on so many levels.

Flushdraw wrote:

im with you here Tony.

You heading into SE tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I disagree. This thread is a WINNER on so many levels.

Lloyd you like your strategy and high content threads as much as the next man so i can understand you saying this. I like to look and see who's going to where tonight and who won what last night. In that particular thread you can discuss some aspects of the that particular tournament. On the main page, theres threads from 3 days old. I dont think it's going to kill or upset someone too much by bringin back the old format.

I think this thread which is over 200 posts long is ridiculous
    im with you here Tony.

You heading into SE tonight?

I havent decided yet Noel. I'm playing really bad and i know if i get knocked out early i'll end up in the cash game where no doubt i'll donk off a few quid. Confidence is a bit battered at the moment but this is my favourite weekly tournament so i think i'll be there!

result from the SE 100 game pls? somebody tell me Paddy Tobin won it (yn)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭rx8

It was coming up to 5am, and there were still 5 of us left.
    I think that they skipped a level, as blinds went from 2k/4k (300),to 4k/8k (500) when this happened 1st hand .
    I'm in BB, Ben and Vera fold,Keith pushes for 44k,Paddy Tobin has a count and flat calls,I look down at KK and push for 68K, and Paddy makes the no-brainer call.
    He has 66, and Keith has A5.
    6 on the flop and 2 of us exit,leaving Paddy with about 180k .Hope he took it down,wish I could have stayed to watch the battle but I was so shattered.

Advertisement