Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

nothing to do with Luke opening ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Unlikely but I don't know if there is any reason for it. They are always giving away stuff as the monthly raffles prove. There may well be a cynical rason, but I hope not.

I doubt the Fitz will fear the competition, 61 runners last night on Silks first night under the new regime. I hope there is enough room for them both to be a success in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

you going to put an add in the evening hearld as well?

The more the merrier. I probably won't be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

fewer the better no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

I heard that on Friday night - wonder why they're adding €2,000 to the €20 game - good for everyone though.

On Wednesday the prizepool wasn't even €2000 - there were only around 35 runners. I'll be there for it for sure - fair play to the Fitz for doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

So Ed were did you end up going and how did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

So Ed were did you end up going and how did you do?

Posted the trip report in the BBV thread:

Brag: luckboxed the 100 FO in the SE last night.

Beat: Only 14 Runners.

Beat: Gave Oberon 250 in my 4th hand at the cash table - we get it all in on a J high flop, he has J4, 4 on the turn obv to beat my KK.

Variance: make a straight the very next hand against a set of aces to get my 250 back with a little profit.

Anything worth playing tonight? I don't normally play on a Monday but I'm bored and fancy a tourney tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Posted the trip report in the BBV thread:

Brag: luckboxed the 100 FO in the SE last night.

Beat: Only 14 Runners.

Beat: Gave Oberon 250 in my 4th hand at the cash table - we get it all in on a J high flop, he has J4, 4 on the turn obv to beat my KK.

Variance: make a straight the very next hand against a set of aces to get my 250 back with a little profit.

HaHa sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

5starpool wrote: »
    Just thought I would let people know here, but the Fitz are adding 2k to their tourney next Wednesday. It is a normal Wednesday tourney, 20+5 with some rebuys afaik. They announced it at the tournie last night (and probably will at all the others too).

Cheers, might head in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭applehunter

How many runners is there for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

What time did this finish up last nite and how much was first place? There were over 100 runners with around 7.5k in the pot...great value for a 20 euro rebuy. I got knocked out just before 1am when there were 40-50 players left. Must have gone on all nite :) Good craic thou!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Whats good for Friday. I got a Hall Pass

Went in to play in Silks last night and I have to say I was seriously impressed. It's comfortable, well run and I fully enjoyed my night. Thanks to Luke and all the crew in there

Was an overlay in the tourney too so great value for my night all round. Will definitely be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Went in to play in Silks last night and I have to say I was seriously impressed. It's comfortable, well run and I fully enjoyed my night. Thanks to Luke and all the crew in their.

Was an overlay in the tourney too so great value for my night all round. Will definitely be returning.

That's funny - was in there myself Saturday night. We could have had that HU4Rollz live (Joke!)

Great place, Luke has it well setup - very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tell_Ya_Later

Cool, I will venture there meself this week hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Anyone playing the jackpot 40 tonight? I'm considering it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭e05bf05a

i don't know why, but the numbers for that tournament(40+5) in the jackpot are getting lower and lower. don't get me wrong, its a very well run tournament, but as of late, especially last week(3 tables), people haven't been showing up to it. hopefully it might have been due to the champs. league(the only distraction i can see on a Wednesday night). i will be going, but will be hoping for 4/5 tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

e05bf05a wrote: »
    i don't know why, but the numbers for that tournament(40+5) in the jackpot are getting lower and lower. don't get me wrong, its a very well run tournament, but as of late, especially last week(3 tables), people haven't been showing up to it. hopefully it might have been due to the champs. league(the only distraction i can see on a Wednesday night). i will be going, but will be hoping for 4/5 tables.

there was a massive crowd in the fitz last wednesday for 2 k added tourney. this might have been the reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭e05bf05a

i heard something like that but didnt hear a specific date for when it was scheduled

actually anyone know if the 2 k is added again tonight in the fitz?

Not as far as I know Paul. I'd be surprised, but then again I don't know the reason for the added money last week either. Probably just random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

what time did last wed in the fitz go on until? how much for first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

If there is money added in the Fitz I might drop in there? Theres definitely not 5sp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Yeah jackpot was very quiet last week but i presume it was due mainly to the fitz adding 2k and to a lesser extent champs league. It's a great tourney with lots of value. Tempting me.

TommyGunne wrote: »
    If there is money added in the Fitz I might drop in there? Theres definitely not 5sp?

As I said, I think it was a one off, but ring them if you want to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Also got the impression last week was a one off.

I'm going to play live tonight..... I think the Jackpot might be the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Someone tell me what i should play tonight. Thanks

Advertisement