Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ionapaul wrote: »
    Anyone hitting the Fitz EOM tonight?

I think you PPP guys sucked all the last poker monies out of this town Paul. Only two cash games going in the Fitz last night. I wonder how badly the EOM will be effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

nearly 90 runners... for the EOM
    anyone know who won???

i lasted less than a minute... :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I got down to last 3, then we split.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

ecksor wrote: »
    I got down to last 3, then we split.

wd, which seat were u in at the FT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

wd, which seat were u in at the FT?
    Where did you finish Noel? You were looking strong when I was knocked out in 16th place - a long night's work only to be outdrawn by someone on mega-tilt! Where did Tony finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Where did you finish Noel? You were looking strong when I was knocked out in 16th place - a long night's work only to be outdrawn by someone on mega-tilt! Where did Tony finish?
    5starpool wrote: »
    I finished about 16th. Still left in were BCB, Tony Cooney, Semtex and plenty of others that I know but can't be arsed to type. I ran well for ages, but then went cold and gave away half my stack then got done with QQ vs A3 for most of what was left of it.

Lies make baby jesus cry guys.

What am i playing tonight?

Lies make baby jesus cry guys.

What am i playing tonight?

Scalps tonight Ed. Or Silks for the overlay.....

Did Noel knock you out Paul??

How many runners in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Oops, I must have gone in 17th place so! Was two tables left and after at least 1 player went, assumed I was in 16th but Dom was still rockin' and rollin' when I was walking to the door at 2.45am!

Nope, Noel didn't knock me out, I was taken out when my QJ couldn't hold versus J9 blind-on-blind against someone on mega-tilt. Noel was playing really well I thought and if he got cards would defo be on for a nice touch. 92 runners so a very tasty prizepool last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

92 runners

I got chinned in 8th, Coo was 6th, Reesey was 4th - he txt me saying he runs worse than the twin towers.

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Scalps tonight Ed. Or Silks for the overlay.....

I've decided to go with the Scalps, then 35 mins later to Silks having bluffed off my second stack.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That bástard Ecksor was the one who pushed on the button with A3, and sucked out on my QQ in the BB to leave me with less than 1 BB.

Damn you Jerry, but well done on the chop.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

92 runners

I got chinned in 8th, Coo was 6th, Reesey was 4th - he txt me saying he runs worse than the twin towers.

He ran prett well to river the coo with 89 vs 77 all in on a J22 flop, and then triple up with KJ vs QQ and 99.

Thanks Dom,

I don't feel bad about the suckout, since I think the hand I had played itself. I definitely won a few more suckouts on the way!

I did feel that it would be a big waste if I stole chips off of you and didn't do anything worthwhile with them however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LittleEyebrows

Whats the late game in the fitz on sundays, seem to remember it was a satellite game recently. still the case?

I've decided to go with the Scalps, then 35 mins later to Silks having bluffed off my second stack.

I hope you got a result in this Ed using your patented spewtard style!! lol:D

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I hope you got a result in this Ed using your patented spewtard style!! lol:D

It's Tight-Spewy.

Finished 12th, for no cash, but had taken 8 scalps by then. Got myself back into the game, then i ran into some well concealed aces

It's Tight-Spewy.

Finished 12th, for no cash, but had taken 8 scalps by then. Got myself back into the game, then i ran into some well concealed aces

On reflection I f**king hate my exit hand from Friday night. Gah! :mad:

I felt I was motoring very nicely too and the table was pretty weak. Sorry to hear you didn't manage to make a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭kaizer_soze

Texas Holdem Poker night, large prize money.
    Organisers are Lodge 2 Dublin. Proceeds go to Clontarf Orthopaedic Hospital.
    €50 entry on the door, €10 buy-in. Rebuys available. Percentage of entry fees go into the pot. Last year we had a great night with 45 players and prize money was €1500. 1st-6th places paid. Professional Dublin poker tournament director is hosting and his decisions are final. Dealers are the players themselves. Many entrants are there purely to support the charity but a few regular Dublin poker scene players will be there too. Bar available, free food included. Clontarf Rugby Club, Castle Avenue, Dublin 3 8.00pm start. Friday 7th November. For anyone that wants to buy a ticket beforehand, we will include the buy-in in the price so €50 and you're in the tournament.
    PM me or email me on <snip>
    All welcome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

Texas Holdem Poker night, large prize money.
    Organisers are Lodge 2 Dublin. Proceeds go to Clontarf Orthopaedic Hospital.
    €50 entry on the door, €10 buy-in. Rebuys available. Percentage of entry fees go into the pot. Last year we had a great night with 45 players and prize money was €1500. 1st-6th places paid. Professional Dublin poker tournament director is hosting and his decisions are final. Dealers are the players themselves. Many entrants are there purely to support the charity but a few regular Dublin poker scene players will be there too. Bar available, free food included. Clontarf Rugby Club, Castle Avenue, Dublin 3 8.00pm start. Saturday 8th November. For anyone that wants to buy a ticket beforehand, we will include the buy-in in the price so €50 and you're in the tournament.
    PM me or email me on intermezzoireland@gmail.com or phone/text 0863536519
    All welcome
    count me in for 2 myself and my lovely wife regards jim the poker room ireland

That's great Jim. We'd love to have you and your wife and friends.
    One thing, it's Friday 7th November. The tickets say the 8th by mistake.
    Let me know if you can still attend. Anyone else interested is very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭e05bf05a

are many hitting today's (Wednesdays) tournie in the JP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

e05bf05a wrote: »
    are many hitting today's (Wednesdays) tournie in the JP?

Its been getting 30+ runners the last few weeks.

Its been getting 30+ runners the last few weeks.

i know, thats the only downside to the game, i remember when i started the numbers were in the 50's. its a shame as well, because in my opinion its probably the best game going in relation to the buy in

If anyone is interested in attending the Charity Texas Hodem NL tournament tonight in Clontarf Rugby Club, please let me know. Everyone is welcome and you can pay at the door. Kev <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

e05bf05a wrote: »
    i know, thats the only downside to the game, i remember when i started the numbers were in the 50's. its a shame as well, because in my opinion its probably the best game going in relation to the buy in

The first time i played i think there was about 70 runners which i thought was fantastic, people had said thats what it normally gets, but the last couple of times ive been there its always been between 30-40 still bad thou cause its a nice little game.

The first time i played i think there was about 70 runners which i thought was fantastic, people had said thats what it normally gets, but the last couple of times ive been there its always been between 30-40 still bad thou cause its a nice little game.

very much so agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 julio36

Hello all,

A bit of advice about a poker club in paris , the aviation club. Flew over for the 500 freeze out last wednesday night. 120 runners, and for a 500 entry fee i saw the most shocking level of poker...cashed out 4th easily. Rich parisien businessmen dropping change i kid you not. maybe time to branch out from the the usual haunts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The French are well known for it.
    They are too stubborn to fold

Advertisement