Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Might play the SE sat tonight, been many months since I've tried my hand at a sat! Playing less than 1/2 the live poker I did earlier on this year - just went through a spell of no-interest - this ever happen to anyone else? Haven't been playing much online either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

ionapaul wrote: »
    Might play the SE sat tonight, been many months since I've tried my hand at a sat! Playing less than 1/2 the live poker I did earlier on this year - just went through a spell of no-interest - this ever happen to anyone else? Haven't been playing much online either.

Congrats well done on the win, just getting it out of the way :pac:

I played it last week, there was 2 tickets up for grabs and and €340 for 3rd, so i would expect something like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Congrats well done on the win, just getting it out of the way :pac:

I played it last week, there was 2 tickets up for grabs and and €340 for 3rd, so i would expect something like that again.
    Thanks for congratulations Danny - it encouraged me to poker glory! :) SHIP SHIP the tickets to Vera, Doke and my good self. 19 runners so 3 tickets and a poor consolation prize of €150 for 4th.

Poker is EZ when you push on the button with 43 off, are called by Vera with 44 and have the nuts by the turn! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

SHIP SHIP the tickets to Vera, Doke and my good self. 19 runners so 3 tickets and a poor consolation prize of €150 for 4th.

wp to Doke and yourself (and Vera obv.)

wonder how many runners and riders they expect for this, any feedback from the lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Hey, what gets the most runners on a wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Never even entered my head to go to the SE for the sat on Tuesday, must try and remember next week hopefully.

Anyone here going to thequivalent in the Fitz on Thursday? I'm in 2 minds myself. Id' go if I knew there was numbers for a couple of tickets. I might turn up and see maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

5starpool wrote: »
    Never even entered my head to go to the SE for the sat on Tuesday, must try and remember next week hopefully.

Anyone here going to thequivalent in the Fitz on Thursday? I'm in 2 minds myself. Id' go if I knew there was numbers for a couple of tickets. I might turn up and see maybe.

eh might head here.... what is max spend 150?

I has a pass so it's either play this or the SE100 monthly (my favourite game)

I'm leaning towards the Fitz though (given likely SE numbers)

Yup, 150, its 45+5 with 1 rebuy and a topup for 50.

You should Glyn, Ace2007 will be there for value :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭e05bf05a

any1 hitting the jackpot tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Thanks for congratulations Danny - it encouraged me to poker glory! :) SHIP SHIP the tickets to Vera, Doke and my good self. 19 runners so 3 tickets and a poor consolation prize of €150 for 4th.

Poker is EZ when you push on the button with 43 off, are called by Vera with 44 and have the nuts by the turn! :)

See i knew it, glad i didnt donate any money. Said i would only play two of these so next week is my shot to qualify.
    I has a pass so it's either play this or the SE100 monthly (my favourite game)

I'm leaning towards the Fitz though (given likely SE numbers)

As far as i know the Thursday tournie still gets decent numbers 4/5 tables.

So anyone hittin the fitz later for the sat... i'll donate chips early on and then Dom will donate when on final table - can't get a better deal anywhere else in dublin imo...

Sad but true Donal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Can someone please tell me if i'm playing the DC in the SE tonight, or the Fitz satellite?

Thanks

Can someone please tell me if i'm playing the DC in the SE tonight, or the Fitz satellite?

Thanks

Fitz satellite.

ay yea so i donated all my chips to dom in a near 45k pot with blinds @ 400/800 around 19 left... 4 tickets... so is dom going to complete part ii) and donate on the final table - i hope not...

Ace2007 wrote: »
    ay yea so i donated all my chips to dom in a near 45k pot with blinds @ 400/800 around 19 left... 4 tickets... so is dom going to complete part ii) and donate on the final table - i hope not...

well 5star, did you DOMinate this?

if not, I hope that loon who knocked me out won a ticket ;)

well 5star, did you DOMinate this?

if not, I hope that loon who knocked me out won a ticket ;)

where u the guy who pushed for 7k+ @ 300/600 level and guy called you with K7 and hit a 7?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    where u the guy who pushed for 7k+ @ 300/600 level and guy called you with K7 and hit a 7?

yes

Nope, no ticket for Dom. When I was already chips leader with 2 tables left, that same guy dogged me for a pot that would have given me 75k at the 300/600 level. Up and down like a yoyo after that, including at one point with 6 left less than 1 BB (4k @ 2500/5000). Got it back to 75k, then out in 5th with 4 tickets. I hate poker. 200 not much of a consolation for 5th.

Your man got knocked out in 10th or so I think, he got moved from our table after dogging me for that big pot and donated them at the other table.

• Advertisement

Found out over the weekend that the Fitz are adding 2 tickets to their main event worth 1075 each to Wednesday nights 20 rebuy tournie, so thought I;d post here for any that might be interested.

Found out over the weekend that the Fitz are adding 2 tickets to their main event worth 1075 each to Wednesday nights 20 rebuy tournie, so thought I;d post here for any that might be interested.

there is another thread about it....

do you know the numbers that they get for this tournament?

Didn't know there was another thread about it. Usually I think gets 4-6 tables, but last time they added 2k to it i think there were about 90 runners. I didn't play it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Monte Barrett's ring entrance

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ouu_zPXZB48

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Any interest in a weekly short handed tournament? 100 Freezeout? 50? 75? rebuy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

who won tickets last night Dom?

Don't care really. I finished 7th with 3 tickets and 310 for 4th. Pain in the hole again. Kevin Farelly had a big stack and he was the only one whose name I knew that was left when I got knocked out, although there were some other familiar faces left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Don't care really. I finished 7th with 3 tickets and 310 for 4th. Pain in the hole again. Kevin Farelly had a big stack and he was the only one whose name I knew that was left when I got knocked out, although there were some other familiar faces left.

How did ronan lose the huge stack? He has 40K or so when I left at 12. with 14 left.
    I was delighted to get knocked out when I did, would hate to bubble it and still be wrecked for work.

Ronan lost a big race with Kevin I think jsut before the final table but that happened before I got there. QQ vs AK I think. Then he made a marginal call at the start of the final table after raising and getting shoved over for his last 20k, and lost with AJ vs QQ.

• Advertisement

did ronan not win a ticket last week?

Advertisement