Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Cheers Martin. Id be surprised if Paddy didnt take it from there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i think him and V agreed some sort of a chop, as it was that late, he had 2:1 chip lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

Yo everyone, just to tell you all I am heading back to Dublin this week on Thursday so I should be home to play this crap shot on Thursday where people like Moneymaker and Keith take it so seriously!

I am just merely informing you all that you might be graced with my presence this Thursday.........

Hope there’s a big crowd, much dogging is to be had!

P.S. where are pints had prior??

Also MOD bit of warning next time you close it down, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

[DM] Frink wrote:
    Also MOD bit of warning next time you close it down, eh?
    As told by Lafortezza in your other thread, take it to PM, BBV, or the regular tourney discussion thread, so I'll just merge it in there for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Flushdraw wrote:
    Can we please get rid of this thread? Is there really anything wrong with using the regular tournament thread for asking about whos going to what and how you got on.

Theres never a lot of high content threads on the tournie page anyway so theres no fear of them being pushed onto the 2nd page because of this so called low content clutter.

Its so much easier to see whats going on

BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

ITT-Pat wrote:
    BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT!!

what pat said!!

anyone for the jackpot tonight? do you reckon they'll allow late entries?

going to drogheda for the 200 buy in 5k guaranteed if anyone fancies it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

ditpoker wrote:
    anyone for the jackpot tonight? do you reckon they'll allow late entries?

Just ring in to register and get blinded away

How late ya planning on being??

Yo everyone, just to tell you all I am heading back to Dublin this week on Thursday so I should be home to play this crap shot on Thursday where people like Moneymaker and Keith take it so seriously!

I am just merely informing you all that you might be graced with my presence this Thursday.........

How many people they get there now?

Hope there’s a big crowd, much dogging is to be had!

P.S. where are pints had prior??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

semibluff wrote:
    going to drogheda for the 200 buy in 5k guaranteed if anyone fancies it

decided to take a week off from drogheda and go to the jackpot for the 400 added grand opening tourney

• Advertisement

theyl be glad to see the back of you in the omaha - bebop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

In fairness now im a pretty weak omaha player but anyone in my seat could of made a few quid as when i did hit they went nuts and just gave me money.

the quote of the day was from mike muldoon who said:

"how do you know gordon has the nuts? eoin is betting!" and this basically summed it up for the entire tbale anytime anubody tried anything or picked up a hand i had the nuts

yeh he's a funny man alright. another hand he played against eddy later in the night it was obvious he'd hit a monster on the river during a holdem hand when he check raised pot and then said " wel you've just passed the 3mississippi rule -" which he explained meant that after he best he counts 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3mississippi and when he still hasnt been called then he knows he wont be. this has the desired affect of making eddie call - hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Anyone hitting up the Emporium tonight for the 100 + 10 game or is there a better value game elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

fitzwilliam Thursday treat 9th August - Omaha game

Is anyone heading into this. Thinking of going in as I got great feedback about it and it was actually played by (wait for It) genuine omaha players. We can't let them get away with that. I think all the wanna be omaha players should give it a try tonight.

It is 40+10+5 (10 scalp) and 2 rebuys for 50. I think it is 2k/3k/4k (with 400 bonus).

P.s. also has anyone spotted the Fitzwilliam Festival in November, face up texas holdem game is part of the schedule, that should be interesting, although the way I play cards sometimes, I should just put the feckin things face up.

Anyway check it out on
    www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com

It could be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

^^ is the 100 DC deffo on tonight?

No way lads its the Jackpot all the way.....more fun! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

^^ is the 100 DC deffo on tonight?

Should be. 2nd Thursday today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

jackpot ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Anyone going to the Red Cow this Sunday? I think I might give it a shot if i'm in Dublin.

• Advertisement

jjjjjjjackpot!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

smurph wrote:

Is anyone heading into this. Thinking of going in as I got great feedback about it and it was actually played by (wait for It) genuine omaha players. We can't let them get away with that. I think all the wanna be omaha players should give it a try tonight.

It is 40+10+5 (10 scalp) and 2 rebuys for 50. I think it is 2k/3k/4k (with 400 bonus).

P.s. also has anyone spotted the Fitzwilliam Festival in November, face up texas holdem game is part of the schedule, that should be interesting, although the way I play cards sometimes, I should just put the feckin things face up.

Anyway check it out on

It could be good fun.
    The game tonight is 3k+500/4k/5k Smurph. Loads of chips, yet I still didn't win a hand. Last week when they got to the FT there were about 320k in play, and the blinds were only 300/600, so about 60 BB's each. That was with 26 players. If this does start to get more players then the 30 min clock and these stacks will be unsustainable I think as it would go on until 6 or 7 in the morning. It was 3.45 last week when it finished, albeit with no deal.

If anyone is looking for a decent Omaha tournie then I do recommend this. I hope the Round of Each tourney in the SE makes a comeback at some stage, and I hope Luke's new place has some Omaha in the schedule as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

yea the omaha tournament in the fitz was good last week - and should be another good nite, most players last week were as smurph said - good players- sure there was no 100 omaha game at all, and the first 50 game started around 11:30 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

o and dont forget its a scaples game as well!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

smurph wrote:

Anyway check it out on

It could be good fun.
    That Festival looks really really good fair play to them, If the structures are done well it will be super.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

eoghan104 wrote:
    That Festival looks really really good fair play to them, If the structures are done well it will be super.
    I can't say I am mad about it in general Some of the start times and scheduling (Main event from Mon-Weds for example) are not suited to locals who will be working during the day as well. Also, a media event, a seniors event and a ladies event? It's not the bloody WSOP for gods sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

I fancy playing a tournament tonite. I am unsure whether to try the Sporting Emporium or the Jackpot.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Anyone hitting up the Emporium tonight for the 100 + 10 game or is there a better value game elsewhere?

I havent played a live tournie in a long long long time.
    I think Ill make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

sumoward wrote:
    I fancy playing a tournament tonite. I am unsure whether to try the Sporting Emporium or the Jackpot.

Any suggestions?

jackpot obviously.

last longest anyone? im looking at conor "il donk off my stack 3 barrelling a jackpot unknown in the 2nd level" bergin

• Advertisement

conor's new prefered method of exit is to slowplay AA and be surprised when he is behind in a 4way pot on the turn with the board read JT7,9

Advertisement