Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Westbury

IRISH OPEN SATELLITE WESTBURY CLUB

1 TICKET GUARANTEED

11.MARCH.08 WEDNESDAY

€230+€20 NLH FREEZE OUT Tournament

Starting Stack:$10000

1.who is running the event: The Westbury Card Club
    2.The Purpose of the event: Commercial ,Promotions etc...
    3.Date and Location of the Event: 11.MARCH.08 WEDNESDAY
    , The Westbury Club, The Green Malahide ,Co. Dublin
    4.Registration from 8:00 pm Kick Off at 8:30 pm !
    5.Any prerequisites :Member of the Westbury Club ,Join on the Night
    6.Tickets can be purchased on the Night or Pre register on the phone :01 8453488,0863304086 www.westburyclub.com/info@westburyclub.com
    7.Type of Tournament: No Limit Texas Hold'Em FREEZE OUT
    8.Cost of Entry:€230
    9.Cost of Registration:€20
    10.Guaranteed Prize Pool :1 GUARANTEED IRISH OPEN TICKET AND 1 TICKET AFTER EVERY €3500
    11.Starting Stack :$10000
    12. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: 100% Prize Pool Paid Out
    13.Blind Levels please see blind structure below

LEVEL- DURATION- SMALL BLIND- BIG BLIND

1- 25 MIN. 25 - 50
    2- 25 MIN. 50 - 100
    3- 25 MIN. 100 - 200
    4- 25 MIN. 150 - 300

BREAK /HOT/COLD FOOD /REFRESHMENTS /ETC......

5- 25 MIN. 200 - 400
    6- 25 MIN. 300 - 600
    7- 25 MIN. 400 - 800
    8- 25 MIN. 500 - 1000
    9- 25 MIN. 600 - 1200
    10- 25 MIN. 800 - 1600

REFRESHMENT BREAK

11- 25 MIN. 1000 - 2000
    12- 25 MIN. 1500 - 3000
    13- 25 MIN. 2000 - 4000
    14- 25 MIN. 3000 - 6000
    15- 25 MIN. 4000 - 8000
    16- 25 MIN. 5000 - 10000
    17- 25 MIN. 6000 - 12000
    18- 25 MIN. 8000 - 16000
    19- 25 MIN. 10000 - 20000
    20- 25 MIN. 15000 - 30000

14.Blind Timeframe:25 minutes all the way
    15.All Fully Trained professional dealers, skill level high
    16.Rules on display in the club.
    17.Is there a Tournament Director/YES
    18.TD Has Final Say!

Good Luck Everyone!

-Free Car Parking!
    -Refreshments Served all Night!
    -Hot & Cold Food Served all night!

Looking forward to welcome you in the Club!

The Management!

Westbury Card Club
    The Green
    Malahide
    Co.Dublin
    Tel:01 845 3488/086 3304086
    info@westburyclub.com
    www.westburyclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

finally managed to get out of the house for once and play the 40 FO in the jackpot. glad i did as i chopped it with norm. happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 j.omeara

im new here, whats the good tournament in dublin tonight? thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Molloys in Tallaght
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055413893
    €3000 Guananteed regularly gets 80-100 players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Anything worth playing tonight in Dublin? Thinking of a rare venture outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Davewolf

Anything worth playing tonight in Dublin? Thinking of a rare venture outside

No one left in Dublin there all here in Galway :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Anyone know if theres any games Paddys Day. If would beat sitting in an overcrowed overpriced messy pub ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Hi guys,
    thinking of heading into the Fitz Monday night freezeout game. does anyone play it regularly and can tell me numbers etc.,etc.,

No work tomorrow yepee yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Anyone know if the 'Poker room in Tallaght' (above atari expo) gets numbers for cash games nightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Anyone know if the 'Poker room in Tallaght' (above atari expo) gets numbers for cash games nightly?

As far as i know (word of mouth) there is cash games, just stories ive heard off people about crazy no limit action and some plo. Hope that helps a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Anyone interested in playing the Irish Open has a great chance to win a ticket tonight in the jackpot as we're ony expecting 1 table due to the rugby and the touch Ireland game in the fitz.

Game starts at 8.30
    €215 freeze out

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Anybody know of any live IO satellites that take place on Wed night?? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

anyone know what time the double chance in the fitz usually finishes at?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

FuttBucker wrote: »
    anyone know what time the double chance in the fitz usually finishes at?

Without having played this in a long time (except last week ehen numbers were well down due to Paddys day) I would imagine it goes on quite late (post 4am) as the numbers can be 100+ some weeks. Obviously it depends on the number of runners, but this is one of their busiest tourneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Jackpot best option tonight?
    Still starts at 9?

Still starts at 9?

99% its still 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Still starts at 9?

Ship

Brag: No Deals
    Brag: imo played perfect HU
    Brag: Had a Royal Flush on FT paid off by trip A's

Ship

Brag: No Deals
    Brag: imo played perfect HU
    Brag: Had a Royal Flush on FT paid off by trip A's

Congrats man well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PPS

Tournaments in Meath
    New tournaments starting in Triumph poker club Navan
    New tournaments starting 30th March 2009.

Mondays €50+€5 Reg 2nd chance texas hold-em deep stack tournament.
    Starts 9pm sharp for early birds, entry closes approximatley 10.20pm.
    €1200 prize pool guaranteed and 100% of prize funds returned to the players.

Wednesdays €70+€5 Reg special texas hold-em freezeout!
    Starts 9pm sharp and entry closes at 9.40pm.
    €1000 guarenteed and 100% of the prize funds returned to the players.

Saturdays €40+€4 Reg Special texas hold-em double chance.
    €30 top up + €30 re-buy.
    €300 added to the 100% prize funds returned to the players.

BAD BEAT CASH BACK NOW ON

Bad beat didn't go down yet and it is frozen at €4000
    Bad Beat cash back starts this week and it goes to our best tournament player of the week.
    Every Sunday our 6 best tournament players get a FREE entry to the Bad Beat special tournament, who ever wins it will go home with all the bad beat from the previous week.

MONSTER HANDS ATTACK in our straight and royal flush bonus in all the cash games.
    €100 free in chips for straight flush usuing 1 card.
    €150 free in chips for straight flush using 2 cards.
    €200 free in chips for royal flush using 1-2 cards.
    Terms and conditions apply.E.&O.E. Managements decision is final.

Triumph Poker Club
    4-5 Market Square
    Navan town centre
    County Meath

(Beside AIB Bank)

Tel:046-9073968/087 0661271

Cash games on every night to suit every budget.

American Roulette*Blackjack*Stud poker*Brag.

Free refreshments and free buffet on tournament nights.

Open 9pm until late.
    user_invisible.gifreport.gif progress.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

What kind of numbers has the Sat night Fitz 120+5 been getting recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

ozpoker wrote: »
    What kind of numbers has the Sat night Fitz 120+5 been getting recently?

Asked that earlier in the BBV Oz, Ste said it was gettin between 18 40 runners he said a safe guess was 25

It was me actually :)

Not a safe guess, but my guess. Not sure if the Ireland game will affect numbers or not too much, but a minimum should be 2 full tables. I'm hoping for around 30, but we'll see. It could start at 8 with 14 and get up to 30 by 8.30 though in the usual dublin style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Anyone tell me the structure (stacks, rebuys etc.) for the IO sat in the fitz tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Anyone tell me the structure (stacks, rebuys etc.) for the IO sat in the fitz tonight?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055476181

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭LTL

Anyone know the structure for tonight's scalp game in the Jackpot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Last Irish Open Sat in the Jackpot Saturday 3rd April

10k Starting Chips
    20 Min Blinds for 6 Levels followed by 30 Mins

€200 & €15 Reg

1 Ticket Guaranteed

Starts at 8.30pm

This game has the same blind structure as the Irish Open so if you've already won a ticket this will be a good chance to get a trail run at next weeks structure, and if you win you can take the cash.

We had 24 for our last game, expecting a good crowd and hope to get 2 maybe 3 tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

5starpool wrote: »
    It was me actually :)

Not a safe guess, but my guess. Not sure if the Ireland game will affect numbers or not too much, but a minimum should be 2 full tables. I'm hoping for around 30, but we'll see. It could start at 8 with 14 and get up to 30 by 8.30 though in the usual dublin style.

How did you finish up at Friday nite chief ? Cant believe you called me with KK. Sure I nearly always have AA there. U were just lucky I didnt call for a A on the flop I guess :D

kebabfest wrote: »
    How did you finish up at Friday nite chief ? Cant believe you called me with KK. Sure I nearly always have AA there. U were just lucky I didnt call for a A on the flop I guess :D

Bit of a rollercaoster really. Had 2 pair vs a straight in a blind on blind hand to cripple me, then got back in the game with a couple of double ups, then made a big call to knock Noel out, then won a monster pot against Craig in seat 2 to have 3/4 of the chips in play 4 handed. then I doubled up one guy who then knocked out the other 2 lads and I split it with him (seat 9) heads up when we were nearish even in chips. Got 1700 each so happy with that. As you the KK hand, you know me Eoin, I am a bit fishy like that and can't lay that down there even though I should probably be cricified. You don't shove in your last 10 BB's without a monster :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

5starpool wrote: »
    Bit of a rollercaoster really. Had 2 pair vs a straight in a blind on blind hand to cripple me, then got back in the game with a couple of double ups, then made a big call to knock Noel out, then won a monster pot against Craig in seat 2 to have 3/4 of the chips in play 4 handed. then I doubled up one guy who then knocked out the other 2 lads and I split it with him (seat 9) heads up when we were nearish even in chips. Got 1700 each so happy with that. As you the KK hand, you know me Eoin, I am a bit fishy like that and can't lay that down there even though I should probably be cricified. You don't shove in your last 10 BB's without a monster :pac:

hehehe. well done. I was dying to get any sort of a hand to play back at Craig.
    He is an excellent player, but I think he burst a bit of a valve when he called your all-in with 33. (although I have done equally as bad before !!)
    which lad was Noel ?
    Maybe I should have held off shoving , but I was next in the BB and I think are one more round I would have been basically on life support.
    Anyhow thats a nice little bonus in the sky rocket, before the Open. Hopefully I see your shiny head do well on this !!

• Advertisement

Noel was the lad with the shinier head than mine to my right. That's a few tournies I have knocked him out of lately late on and he doesn't let me forget it too easily either :)

The monster hand I had against Craig was interesting though. Blinds at 5k/10k, I make it 30k with AdKd, Craig called quickly from the BB, and the flop came QdTc4d. Craig leads out for 45k, and I instantly shove for 141k. He thinks for an age and eventually calls with 9sTs, to leave me with the bare 18 outs twice, one of which I hit on the river to scoop and leave Craig crippled.

Advertisement