Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Well done Keith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

There was 28 and I took it down.

That said, this is a tournament that needs to be played. It is an excellent structure with good play throughout the whole thing, right up to heads up. Really really enjoyed it and will definitely be playing it again.

Congrats Keith - I enjoyed playing with you last night. Who did you get HU with?

-Oz-

ozpoker wrote: »
    Congrats Keith - I enjoyed playing with you last night. Who did you get HU with?

-Oz-

Paul and myself in the end. He started with a 2-1 chiplead and then I won a hand where I flopped top pair on a paired flushing board v his 1 overcard and NFD and we got it in and I held. Exit hand was his A3 v my AJ.

Was fun playing with you too Oz, hope I didn't talk too much:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭aceofspades.ie

Great to see some numbers back in the sporting last night for the start of the new schedule. Nice touch by the SE to give a free voucher for a meal to all on the final table.

Nice catch on the river Paul(looked for your car, couldn't find it) :). Might be in for a rematch tonight....

Nice see some of the old regulars there (some not so old).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

Anyone able to tell me what is on in the Fitz, Jackpot and SE on a Friday night? I think the Schedules thread is a bit out of date.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fitz and SE tournies are definitely up to date (SE updated only a few days ago). Jackpot was updated last time I was asked to update, but I cannot vouch for it's accuracy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 olhc

O'loughlin Gaels Gaa club in Kilkenny have been hosting a Texas hodem €50 Freezout for the last 4 years .With regular attendances of 35 players it is regarded as the best tournament in Kilkenny.
    This game is played every THURSDAY NIGHT @ 8.30. $12K starting chips ,first level 50/100.
    Finger food served.€45 GOES TO POT €5 GOES TO GAA CLUB .All Welcome. Check us out on www.bebo.com/OloughlinG2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Any well structured tournaments on in Dublin over the weekend with a buy-in around the €200 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Wreck wrote: »
    Any well structured tournaments on in Dublin over the weekend with a buy-in around the €200 mark?

Not strictly Dublin, but Maynooth near enough. BrucePoker tonight. €170.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055567736

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Wreck wrote: »

As KP said, Maynooth tonight and a similar one in the Red Cow on Sunday. Both 10K guaranteed. Threads up for both - one Bruce Tour and other is Ladbrokes I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Thanks guys, unfortunately I can't make either of those, can't get out to Maynooth in time and BBQ on Sunday so the Red Cow is out also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭babymaker6

might head into the sporting tonight
    anyone else going?

babymaker6 wrote: »
    might head into the sporting tonight
    anyone else going?

How did you get on last night, was there many runners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭babymaker6

only 2 runner s when i was there at 8-25
    i played the fitz in the end
    man i run bad in the fitz:mad:

babymaker6 wrote: »
    only 2 runner s when i was there at 8-25
    i played the fitz in the end
    man i run bad in the fitz:mad:

Wow that sucks, glad i didnt make the effort in the end!

What are wednesday 25 euro tournies like in the fitz these days? Havn't been in yonks but I might pop in tonight if there'll be at least 20+ runners

Could be any number of runners really. 2 weeks ago there were 70+ runners, last week there were not many (champs league), good weather again today will mean numbers are down, but I would be utterly amazed if there are not more than 20 runners in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Toppers

Hiya, anyone playing the €60+€10+€5 Scalp tourney in the SE tonight? Start 20:30 with €1000 early bird chip. €7000 starting chips.
    I'm dying to play this but won't unless it gets numbers. Remember this used to being very popular in the good old days!!
    Wohoo my very first post in this...

5starpool wrote: »
    Could be any number of runners really. 2 weeks ago there were 70+ runners, last week there were not many (champs league), good weather again today will mean numbers are down, but I would be utterly amazed if there are not more than 20 runners in total.

nice little tourney, sure does run late though. It's almost worth it for me to play something more expensive with less runners so i dont have to get a taxi home.

My 10 high flopped flush went out to a 6 high straight flush on the river. Alas.

many runners? The Monday game in there would suit your criteria better I think.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    many runners? The Monday game in there would suit your criteria better I think.

Think there was 5 or 6 tables. so around 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cloudymouse

Hey all , have to work in Newbridge for a few week's .Anyone know any good pub tournaments around there , dont fancy driving back to Dub for a fix.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lady Di

Hi guys couple of general Q's if anyone could help me? Roughly which gets more runners on a Monday night, The Fitz or the SE? Also anyone know what runners have been like for the 2nd Thurs €110DC in the SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Lady Di wrote: »
    Hi guys couple of general Q's if anyone could help me? Roughly which gets more runners on a Monday night, The Fitz or the SE? Also anyone know what runners have been like for the 2nd Thurs €110DC in the SE?

Defo the Fitz on a Monday. Think 2 people turned up in the SE last Monday but not sure about last night. I played the €110 DC last month in the SE and i think it got 35 runners

If i was to guess i would say the Fitz gets more numbers on a Monday, the SE schduele is relatively new so afaik it gets 1-2 tables. The Thursday game would normally get 30-40 players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭wad events

Hey all , have to work in Newbridge for a few week's .Anyone know any good pub tournaments around there , dont fancy driving back to Dub for a fix.....
    We run a game in The Milltown Inn (3km from town) every Monday and Wednesday. Monday night @8pm is €25inc reg F/O, gets about 50 runners. Wed night €30 scalp game @ 8.30pm gets about 30 runners:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lady Di

Thanks guys, and anyone know what no's are like for the DC in the Fitz tomor night? Been back the thread a bit but can't find anything on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

Thanks guys, and anyone know what no's are like for the DC in the Fitz tomor night? Been back the thread a bit but can't find anything on it!

50-70 usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

the SE 60dc game, mondays, does this get any numbers these days?

• Advertisement

ditpoker wrote: »
    the SE 60dc game, mondays, does this get any numbers these days?

If i had to guesstimate i would say maybe 2.

Advertisement