Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Any ideas on what game gets the most runners tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Any ideas on what game gets the most runners tonight?

Am sure the Fitz get a decent amount as always but the Jackpot's €45 freezeout gets anywhere between 30 and 45 and has half hour blinds.

Am sure the Fitz get a decent amount as always but the Jackpot's €45 freezeout gets anywhere between 30 and 45 and has half hour blinds.

Thanks Ronan. Do the sportin get numbers on a wed nite??

Don't think so. Pretty sure Mon-Wed is dead in there.
    Thurs, Sun and Monthly deepstack are big successes tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

think ill give the jackpot a go tonight!

• Advertisement

Jackpot still start at 9 yeah ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

So your back?

So your back?

Yeah got back yesterday Danny ! Thought id get back into the swing of things tonight ! U playin ???

Jackpot still start at 9 yeah ??

Yep, 9.30 last entry. I expect to arrive at 9.28 if I go.

Yeah got back yesterday Danny ! Thought id get back into the swing of things tonight ! U playin ???

The sickness of that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

Can anyone fill me in on the tourne 200 buy in deepstack thats on in cellbridge next week or a contact numnber please?

urallfish wrote: »
    Can anyone fill me in on the tourne 200 buy in deepstack thats on in cellbridge next week or a contact numnber please?

That should be all the info you need,

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055573995

Right, looking for a game tonight. Anyone know/guess numbers for SE, Fitz (125 game), WAD game in Curragh and Double chance in Fitzpatricks??

All have decent starting stacks but Fitzpatricks has €750 guaranteed for €55 game so favourite at the moment.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Weather is a wild card for numbers tonight. Fitz 125 game could be anything from 20-40 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

decided to play jackpot monday game for a laugh. It was horrific. played 13 hands in two levels then the tourni director in there decides to have a smoke break for no apparent reason and stops the clock?:eek: Ditpoker and myself complain and she restarts the clock with 6 people sitting at three tables.

Funniest moment of the night is jeff asking for his money back during level five because he has not played any hands and the table is so slow plus no club dealers so why he pay a reg. I nearly cried. when my aa pre flop lost to 98 i realised that was karma for having the cheek to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

aodea wrote: »
    decided to play jackpot monday game for a laugh. It was horrific. played 13 hands in two levels then the tourni director in there decides to have a smoke break for no apparent reason and stops the clock?:eek: Ditpoker and myself complain and she restarts the clock with 6 people sitting at three tables.

Funniest moment of the night is jeff asking for his money back during level five because he has not played any hands and the table is so slow plus no club dealers so why he pay a reg. I nearly cried. when my aa pre flop lost to 98 i realised that was karma for having the cheek to complain.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

generally i have alot of time for the jackpot... generally... but FUDGE ME their standards are dropping.

between 9.50 (my time of arrival) and 10.30 (first break) i play 1 full orbit of the table, 10 hands. tournament restarts after the break and another delay at approx 11pm, we play 2 20min levels, in which i count 13 hands being played. this is followed by just shy of 10 mins of chip ups being done by people who cant do chip races. THEN, the TD decides to add a 5 minute smoke break, at this point it is midnight.. from 10.30, i have been dealt 13 hands of poker. from my arrival at 9.50, i would guess i was dealt a maximum of 25 hands in 2hrs 10mins.

At this point I went to the TD and very politely asked to be refunded my 21 euro (10+5+5 + reg 1). I was 10000% serious. I explained my position. 31 players pay a reg fee for a service. The service was terrible. I am allowed complain. I had a 20bb+ stack and wanted to leave. Absoultely shocking... oh... and to add to the fun, my table was playing 11 handed... why.. because the TD didnt want to break a table... "its too much effort for one extra person"... for F**K sake!!

less than 3 orbits in 2hrs, i STILL want my money back!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

aodea wrote: »

ditpoker wrote: »
    generally i have alot of time for the jackpot... generally... but FUDGE ME their standards are dropping.

between 9.50 (my time of arrival) and 10.30 (first break) i play 1 full orbit of the table, 10 hands. tournament restarts after the break and another delay at approx 11pm, we play 2 20min levels, in which i count 13 hands being played. this is followed by just shy of 10 mins of chip ups being done by people who cant do chip races. THEN, the TD decides to add a 5 minute smoke break, at this point it is midnight.. from 10.30, i have been dealt 13 hands of poker. from my arrival at 9.50, i would guess i was dealt a maximum of 25 hands in 2hrs 10mins.

At this point I went to the TD and very politely asked to be refunded my 21 euro (10+5+5 + reg 1). I was 10000% serious. I explained my position. 31 players pay a reg fee for a service. The service was terrible. I am allowed complain. I had a 20bb+ stack and wanted to leave. Absoultely shocking... oh... and to add to the fun, my table was playing 11 handed... why.. because the TD didnt want to break a table... "its too much effort for one extra person"... for F**K sake!!

less than 3 orbits in 2hrs, i STILL want my money back!! :(

Got a phone call this afternoon from one of the managers in the Jackpot. Very quick to address this and credit must be given there. Fair play to them for taking the time to call and discuss this, and I wouldn't have a problem giving my continuous business to the Jackpot. One frutstrating night in hundreds does not a bad card club make! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PocketAces

Lads anybody play in Fitzpatricks (Tallaght) "€30 +€5 NO LIMIT HOLD’EM 1 REBUY OR TOP UP PER PLAYER @ €30 STARTING STACK 4K REBUY/TOP UP 5K" tournament? Any good?

Cheers

BTW if ya know any €20 FO's or 1 rebuy, then fill me in please! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭e05bf05a

the fitz has a good 27+3 FO today at 4.30. 4k starting stack usually attracts a few tables, usually 5 tables, maybe six on good days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TOP_TOP

anyone know what the game in the fitz is like tonight?? no.s? and prizepool?

As with any multi rebuy, I'm sure it is fast and loose before the break. I haven't played this tourney in ages, but as far as I know it gets 4 tables +. As for prizepool, I'm not sure, but I wouls say a decent average would be 45 per player, so if there are 40 players, 1800 and so on. Having said that though, as I said, I haven't been there on a Wednesday in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

anyone tipping in to the Aquarium this evening for the monthly 100 DC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Im heading in,
    I will have that bottle of rum for you ( I worked hard on the other bottle, but after a few attempts have realized that im a wuss when it comes to drinking rum, blows the head off me, and the hangover shudder shudder, give me a nice bottle of smirnoff anyday)

I haven't been in the SE in yonks, do you still have to give yourself the mandatory half an hour to find parking or has it improved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

anyone tipping in to the Aquarium this evening for the monthly 100 DC?

It looks unlikely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

free rum, this game just got +EV! :pac:

(the absence of ollyk reduces that somewhat ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 10 D1marmo

Hate to sound like a lamo,I'm new to boardsie so what is the best method of finding out when tourneys are on and k.o. time.Some threads I clicked on are YEARS old,as I say new user thanks for your patience.

This threrad: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055056768 has details of some of the main operators around the country, but details are only included if they ask for them to be included. It is in the process of being updated to ensure everything in there is up to date, but most of the stuff in there is valid, however I would recommend ringing the venue to make sure until the thread is updated, or ask here and someone might know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Fitzwilliam Card Club - Saturday - 125+5

I'm thinking about heading into this, is it on, how many runners etc ???

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭VoodooCC

This is the regular tournie schedule for the Voodoo Card Club FYI.

Mon 8:30pm Triple Decker, two optional buy-ins, €10(1Rebuy, 1Addon)
    Buyin:€10 Reg:€5
    Chips: 2000+2000+2000
    Clock: 20 min levels

Tue 8:30pm Beginners Big Stack, Deep and Steep
    Buyin: €20 Reg:€5
    Chips: 6000
    Clock: 15 min levels

Wed 8:30pm Midweek Championship Freezeout
    Buyin: €75 Reg: €5
    Chips: 8000

Thurs 8:30pm Double Life, one optional buy-in
    Buyin: €25 Reg: €5
    Chips: 3000 + 3000

Fri 8:30pm Weekend Deep Stack
    Buyin: €100 Reg:€10
    Chips: 10,000
    Clock: 25 min levels

Sat 6:30pm Scalps double chance
    Buyin: €50+€5 scalp Reg: €5
    Chips: 3000 + 3000
    Clock: 25 min levels

Sun 6:30pm Vegas Night - WSOP qualifiers
    Buyin: Freeroll!! with €10 rebuys Reg: Free!
    Chips: 1500 + 3000
    Clock: 2x30 min levels then 20 min levels

Please note 18:30 start times at the weekend... late entries and alternates permitted for the first hour in all tournaments, so no excuses for not making it!

Advertisement