Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    Ship it! done a 5 way deal at 6am. was 25.5k between 5 of us so left €500 for the dealers, the 2 chip leaders took €5250 mid stack took 5k and us 2 shortys took €4750. I was well happy with the deal cos I only had 127k with almost 1 million in play. :D

well done Mick - some nice business by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

wp mate. nice deal too, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

very nice deal mick, wd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

nice deal, slightly measly tip though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

nice deal, slightly measly tip though?

tip is 2% id call it measly:pac:
    been a while since id a decent cash but id always give 5% esp as this tournament gives such great value for 20 euro reg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

5% is high, id give 2-3 % personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Surely giving 5% or 2-3% depends on the prizepool involved.

2% of €25k is not a bad tip.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

smoothcall wrote: »
    5% is high, id give 2-3 % personally.

Andrew if you won a tournment with 2 k first prize youd leave 40 quid or maybe 60
    i guess 2 or 3 %is fine for big prizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

well played, thought you'd get in the money alright,
    two nice cashes in one week!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭insomniak

sorry to change topic from micks great result!

but just wondering after the waterford event. How many of the big events in Ireland have books on them? I fancied putting a few bets down(wouldnt have won mind) but couldn't get any action anywhere.. I will be new to the live scene though so thought I would ask you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

anyone who played the Fitz last night might like to comment on my post today under the "Fitz Summer July Promotion" thread.................. am I alone in my thinking here

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

kakak1 wrote: »
    anyone who played the Fitz last night might like to comment on my post today under the "Fitz Summer July Promotion" thread.................. am I alone in my thinking here

No your quite right. They get the numbers big time but the points you make are valid and easily implementable. They should not get complacent just because they are top dogs.

Some months ago I played a satellite to a large buyin event there and when it got close to the bubble (9 tickets) 1 table was upstairs and the other down. Given the dynamic of the game it was vital that you knew the chipstacks of all players at both tables and when I mentioned this to the TD I was given a snotty rebuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

tm2204 wrote: »
    No your quite right. They get the numbers big time but the points you make are valid and easily implementable. They should not get complacent just because they are top dogs.

Some months ago I played a satellite to a large buyin event there and when it got close to the bubble (9 tickets) 1 table was upstairs and the other down. Given the dynamic of the game it was vital that you knew the chipstacks of all players at both tables and when I mentioned this to the TD I was given a snotty rebuk.

the exact same happened me before in the Fitz, not last night,

I certainly need to know at all times the players left, average stacks etc but especially in a satellite & more importantly when one table is in a different location than the other

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I presume Smurph will start a thread (as she usually does) but I thought it worth a mention in here that the Fitz are adding 1k to the Saturday 120+5 FO on August 8th/15th/22nd/29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

This Sunday €120 Freezeout - Est €4,000

Reg 2pm, Game 3pm
    Starting Chips 30k
    Blinds 20 Min
    Same structure as WSOP ME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

kakak1 wrote: »

Hi Kakak1,

I will pass on the feedback to Denise, probably by email because I will be a Joan Vickers game in the Voodoo the weekend.

It is only a small adjustment in the software and would certainly help players with correct information on the screen etc.,

Thanks for your comments and I will pass them on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

smurph wrote: »
    It is only a small adjustment in the software and would certainly help players with correct information on the screen etc.,

at last nights tournament the display showed number of players, average stack & payout structure. Number of players wasn’t always up to date, but an effort was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Is there a 50e game on Friday night in Lukes place? I recall that he mentioned the last time I was there it was going to be a part of a new tournament schedule but I cant seem to find anything about it here.

Is there a 50e game on Friday night in Lukes place? I recall that he mentioned the last time I was there it was going to be a part of a new tournament schedule but I cant seem to find anything about it here.

The tournie sticky is up to date
    Fitzpatricks, Tallaght:.....€40/20/5 Scalps.....1R/T @€;40.....5000/5000.......20 mins.....8.30pm
    ............................1st and 2nd place pay outs will be paid cash + €50 credit to the end of month tournament.

Weird... I could have sworn he said summat about a 50e FO on fridays. Looks like I'll have to play elsewhere then. Don't really wanna play a rebuy tournament..

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Weird... I could have sworn he said summat about a 50e FO on fridays. Looks like I'll have to play elsewhere then. Don't really wanna play a rebuy tournament..

Any suggestions?

Don't know how flexible u are with travel but the 'super-awesome-mega' satellite in poker room Celbridge can be played as a 120 freezeout with loads of chips. 20 entry and 50 rebuy and top-up but i reckon just take all at start (which is allowed) an play as freezeout is best. Guaranteed tics to winter festival, killarney and IPO up for grabs.

Thanks letting me know but I'm away for all the tournaments the satellite is for. :-(

Anyway just PM'ed Hyzepher who replied to confirm that Luke was indeed running a 50e FO on a friday night with a 10k starting stack so I'll be playing that. Hopefully bring a couple of me mates with me.

If anybody playing that as well? Last longest bet? :-)

Thanks letting me know but I'm away for all the tournaments the satellite is for. :-(

Anyway just PM'ed Hyzepher who replied to confirm that Luke was indeed running a 50e FO on a friday night with a 10k starting stack so I'll be playing that. Hopefully bring a couple of me mates with me.

If anybody playing that as well? Last longest bet? :-)

Seems the sticky is wrong then, even though it was updated from this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055583753

I guess it'll stay wrong until I'm asked to correct it then.

Thanks for digging out that thread for me Dom. Just posted on it to ask for someone from Luke's to update it with the new schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

What time is the 120+5 tourney in the Fitz tonight? I know they've moved the time around and I'm not sure the time in the sticky is up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

I think it is 8.00 p.m. start,
    phone the club to confirm though
    01-6114677

I think it is 8.30 Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Does anyone ever play in the Emporium game on a Sat?

Any ideas of numbers, I haven't been into it for over 2 years now, was considering it tonight.

Same Q for Voodoo? Also is parking possible @ Voodoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Does anyone ever play in the Emporium game on a Sat?

Any ideas of numbers, I haven't been into it for over 2 years now, was considering it tonight.

Same Q for Voodoo? Also is parking possible @ Voodoo?

Defo to late now but i thought i would give you the heads up for next time, the SE game on a saturday now is a great little structure, something different and i like to play it, number wise im not sure if its getting more than 2 tables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭babymaker6

im gonna head out for a game tonight
    the SE is first choice whats monday game like for numbers lately?

Advertisement