Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now its finally over... which is the best?

Options
  • 24-07-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Every one likes there different ones... but which is the best?

Oh and I always wanted her to produce one more book - A History of Hogwarts!

Which is the best? 71 votes

The Philisophers Stone
    0% 0 votes
    The Chamber of Secrets
    2% 2 votes
    The Prizoner of Azkaban
    2% 2 votes
    The Goblet of Fire
    19% 14 votes
    The Order of the Phoenix
    19% 14 votes
    The Half-Blood Prince
    9% 7 votes
    The Deathly Hallows
    9% 7 votes
    Quiditch Through the Ages
    35% 25 votes
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The Goblet of Fire. it was the first of them that was a bit darker, more complicated and more exciting! I loved the structure of the book with the three tasks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

prisoner of azkaban, i love it! getting darker, but still a happy ending... well, unless you count the wormtail getting away and sirius being forced to live on the run and harry having to go back to the dursleys... well... nobody dies anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it used to be, for a long time, GoF, but Deathly Hallows beats it by a nose (well maybe a little more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Deathly Hallows beats the rest by miles! I have never enjoyed a book so much. It was absolutely perfectly written. Fantastic throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

Phoenix but it only just beats Prisoner of Azkaban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Deathly Hallows all the way. I never looked forward to a book so much and savoured every moment of reading it. Absolutely amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Isymd

the deathly hallows was magic! *bum bum bum chisss* =)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

for me it goes in order from bad to good (but lets face it theres no such thing as a bad harry potter book) 2,7,1,5,6,4,3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Deathly Hallows was great, but it's easy to get caught in the hype and the moment and I don't think that, if you picked one at random, it would be the best (because Rowling didn't kill enough people!)

My favourite is the Chamber of Secrets, but it's clear I'm in the minority. The film really didn't do that book justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

have to admit, chamber was my least favourite book of them all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Half blood prince was my favourite!!

Goblet of Fire was my least!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Still think The Prisoner of Azkaban was the best ... I loved its darkness!

Then it's a toss up between the Deathly Hallows & Order of the Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Prisoner of Azkaban was my second favourite!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭katarin

i thought DH was amazing but HBP is still my favorite: much more action packed, DH was alot of sitting around the tent and rowing. HBP has all the questions about snape, the sexual tension btw ron and hermione and is prob the most informative book before DH.

cant wait for her encyclopedia tho if she ever gets round to writing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm surprised thst DH is in the lead... It was the hardest of all 7 for me to get into. I found it dragged on way too much during the camping scenes.

GoF ftw! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'd give it to Prisoner of Azkaban anyday. What an ending! But I adored the bits in HBP of when you learn so much of Voldemorts past. I loved things like that and he was always the most cryptic of characters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Goblet of Fire baby.

Advertisement