Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question tranfer

• 24-07-2007 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hello

maybe someone can help me in this.
    I have a dvd of an cartoon of about 3 minutes long, the local cinema is willing to show it before the main showing for me.
    The problem is they still use mainly reel, any ideas how much and where I could get it transfered.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

do you have a few grand handy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Is it that bad, is there any way round that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

You will have to send it to a transfer facility such as Technicolor or Soho Images based in London. Expect the cost to be in the thousands, if not more. DVD is not a great starting point as it does not have a high resolution. The budget way of doing it is to hire a 16mm camera and film the DVD off a video screen. The result won't be as good, but the cost will be in the hundreds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Thanks MLM,
    That price is far far out of my reach. Thank you for all the information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The budget way of doing it is to hire a 16mm camera and film the DVD off a video screen. The result won't be as good, but the cost will be in the hundreds.

for a 3 minute piece?

It wouldnt be in the hundreds, it be close to just 100 but it shouldnt peak over it much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement