Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick N95 question

• 24-07-2007 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Is the slider on the N95 as sh*ty as people keep saying? I.e. does it break/become loose easily?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Minto wrote:
    Is the slider on the N95 as sh*ty as people keep saying? I.e. does it break/become loose easily?

Not in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I think it depends on how you treat your phones in general. I personally was underwhelmed overall with the build quality of the N95 considering its price tag and status.
    Moving parts, such as a slider, will generally be one of the first things to go in a phone and, although the slider mechanism itself seems reasonably solid now I do question its longevity.
    Its also worth noting that it slides quite easily...too easily I think, and it will do that in your pocket regularly especially if wearing jeans etc.
    Because the screen element is resting on the thinner sliding top part, I also notice that front "join area", when seen from the side, once the screen is lit, you can see the a small sliver of light shining through which means ths screen may also be susceptible to dust over time.
    Its a phone I would take a lot of care with as it is certainly not as rugged as the E90 for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Feels quite solid to me, I love it.

I have zero problems with my n95 maybe Im not using it enough but its everything I wanted. I get a day and half out of my battery too with constant use.

Its a great phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

NO problem with mine Have it over 3 months now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Cool cheers lads, just one more question, would you say its worth spending the extra €100 or so to get the unlocked version of the phone rather than Vodafone's branded phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Minto wrote:
    Cool cheers lads, just one more question, would you say its worth spending the extra €100 or so to get the unlocked version of the phone rather than Vodafone's branded phone.

definitely get the unlocked one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

as stated before get the vodafone ready to go version which is currently sim free and unbranded at eur599

• Registered Users Posts: 36 fmagosso

as stated before get the vodafone ready to go version which is currently sim free and unbranded at eur599

That is exactly what I'm planning to do next week.
    but there's one thing: the handset does not come unlocked.

That's true that it comes unbranded, but not unlocked.
    And in the shop they say that after you buy the mobile, you have to go online and ask for your unlock code on vodafone website or something.

But they don't say that you will only get the unlock code from Vodafone after you'd spend € 130,00 in calls. Yes, that's right. After you buy the mobile, you'll have to spend 130 euros in calls and then after that you can ask vodafone for your unlock code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

fmagosso wrote:
    That is exactly what I'm planning to do next week.
    but there's one thing: the handset does not come unlocked.

That's true that it comes unbranded, but not unlocked.
    And in the shop they say that after you buy the mobile, you have to go online and ask for your unlock code on vodafone website or something.

But they don't say that you will only get the unlock code from Vodafone after you'd spend € 130,00 in calls. Yes, that's right. After you buy the mobile, you'll have to spend 130 euros in calls and then after that you can ask vodafone for your unlock code.

This contradicts what all others have said regarding the Voodoo RTG version. In addition I have played with both a Voodoo and O2 contract version -both were branded but both were unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

the Voda RTG one is unlocked, i have one using it with 3sim works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

I bought an unlocked - but still branded - Orange N95 in the UK. It worked OK on Vodafone IE but the software was horribly modified (including being prompted after every photo to do something revenue-generating).

But the biggest problem was not being able to update the software - Orange had not 'approved' the 2 updates available to non-branded phones.

I had to find a program on the 'net to change the product code so the phone didn't know it was branded. Worked a treat after that.

Advertisement