Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question...Magnet Modem IP address

Options
  • 24-07-2007 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the subject says, just need the IP address for Magnet DSL modem. Want to check to see if its a line problem at my end and all that stuff before I go seeking support.

cheers,
    Simon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Hi all,

As the subject says, just need the IP address for Magnet DSL modem. Want to check to see if its a line problem at my end and all that stuff before I go seeking support.

cheers,
    Simon

Why do you need the IP address, what difference will that make before you contact them?

start>run>cmd>ok>ipconfig>return/enter
    should come back with "windows ip configuration"
    IP address 192.******
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.5
    Default Gateway: 192.168.****** ( modem/router configuration page )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Thanks Little-Devil!

I just wanted to test a few things before I talked to them. The wiring is all a bit mad at my end with two connections coming in and all that stuff. Long story but your tip will make it easier for me!

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if its the modem you have ( 4mbps or 8mbps service ) then you cant access the modem in any way from the LAN side. ALso, it isnt a router or a NAT device, so it doesnt have a LAN side to start with.

Advertisement