Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Contact

Options
  • 24-07-2007 7:27pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am having grief with customer service in Eircom (surprise surprise.)
    Does anyone have a contact for someone in a position of power?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

koolkid wrote:

The pope, the vatican. vatican city.. :)

Sorry, my heart goes out to you !! they should move their customer services to dublin zoo ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

koolkid wrote:
    I am having grief with customer service in Eircom (surprise surprise.)

Write an old fashioned letter to the Chief Executive - Rex Comb giving full details of your complaints. (Ardilaun House 114 St. Stephen's Green West, Dublin 2)

Register the letter if you want to be absolutely sure that he gets it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cheers Dub45... I was hoping for an email address...
    I signed up a month ago & still havn't recieved my modem.
    I have been using my own modem for connection. Would this be a good enough reason to break contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

koolkid wrote:
    Cheers Dub45... I was hoping for an email address...
    I signed up a month ago & still havn't recieved my modem.
    I have been using my own modem for connection. Would this be a good enough reason to break contract.

But you have a connection and your broadband service is operating?

Well I'm no big city lawyer, but IMO you don't have justification to withdraw payment, as you're receiving the main service that you're paying for (though by unorthodox means).

Sorry kid!

But you should get proper advice on this. And complain. Loudly if possible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Important things are easily ignored via email. Higher up people may only read emails they are expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

But you have a connection and your broadband service is operating?

Well I'm no big city lawyer, but IMO you don't have justification to withdraw payment, as you're receiving the main service that you're paying for (though by unorthodox means).

;)

Yes I agree.. But I have not recieved goods which would be part of that agreement.
    Also just noticed the contract I signed has a big list of boxs which should have been checked saying customer has been advised of the following. None of these are checked. How would this stand up I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Yeah,
    you asked for a broadband service on your telephone line PLUS the modem, and you've only got the broadband service now.

If you weren't using the service because you claimed that you had no means of access, then it would be a different story. But since you're using the service, you're not at any great loss in the short term by them not supplying the modem.

Anyway, the truth is that you don't really want to go legalistic on these guys. They can afford to get a lot more legal than you!

The other guys are right, if you write to the Big Boss the chances of getting something done, just so that he (or rather his PA) can get an easy life, are much higher. He (or she) will just bark at somebody to get the finger out and send you the modem, you'll get it, and that's it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BSC

Hey what is your problem? do you want to get a modem or you want break a contract?

The reason WHY? you didn't get the modem is: you might was not at home when the delivery man arrived, or you might never collected it from your local post office.
    If you ring customer care about it they would have a record of who and when signed for the modem, such as your local post man or post office clerk. Other reason could be that sales agent over the phone with you chosen wrong package where the modem is not included. Again customer service agent would be able to see it, or another reason: you ordered DSL over the internet and you chosen wrong package yourself.

They have a good system tracking your usage of DSL on the line so they would be able to see when you used it.

FINALLY: all the reasons above WILL NOT stop you from opting out from service. You CAN cancel it at any time, stating that service is not meeting your satisfaction. If you looking for complaints: Customer Care: 1800 200 481. Trust me this guys knows what they are talking about, they would be able to sort this thing out for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BSC

Hey what is your problem? do you want to get a modem or you want break a contract?

The reason WHY? you didn't get the modem is: you might was not at home when the delivery man arrived, or you might never collected it from your local post office.
    If you ring customer care about it they would have a record of who and when signed for the modem, such as your local post man or post office clerk. Other reason could be that sales agent over the phone with you chosen wrong package where the modem is not included. Again customer service agent would be able to see it, or another reason: you ordered DSL over the internet and you chosen wrong package yourself.

They have a good system tracking your usage of DSL on the line so they would be able to see when you used it.

FINALLY: all the reasons above WILL NOT stop you from opting out from service. You CAN cancel it at any time, stating that service is not meeting your satisfaction. If you looking for complaints: Customer Care: 1800 200 481. Trust me this guys knows what they are talking about, they would be able to sort this thing out for ya.

I have been in contact with customer care 3 times. On each occasion I have got the same answer . The modem HAS NOT been sent & we will re request it for you.
    regarding cancelling bot phone & data service . Does this have to be done formally or can I just sign up to another provider & let them sort it?

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote:
    I have been in contact with customer care 3 times. On each occasion I have got the same answer . The modem HAS NOT been sent & we will re request it for you.
    regarding cancelling bot phone & data service . Does this have to be done formally or can I just sign up to another provider & let them sort it?

Why would you want to cancel your phone and data service over a missing modem? There is obviously some sort of problem here which is unique to you. (If Eircom were messing up sending out modems on a regular basis boards would be full of threads on the subject) And another provider at this stage is not on for you as you would have to pay up your contract or at least get involved in a long dispute over it.

Have you tried asking to speak to a supervisor?

I dont want to I am just looking at options...
    Why should i give my business to somebody who is not even capable of making a simple delivery?

Any way according to BSC

"FINALLY: all the reasons above WILL NOT stop you from opting out from service. You CAN cancel it at any time, stating that service is not meeting your satisfaction. If you looking for complaints: Customer Care: 1800 200 481. Trust me this guys knows what they are talking about, they would be able to sort this thing out for ya.."

So paying out my contract should not be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

koolkid wrote:

Are you living in Cork by any chance?

If your modem was never sent out then your hardly going to be charged for a service you never received.

On the other hand if your modem was sent out and didn't reach you because there was nobody to sign for it you'll prob have to pay a cancellation fee.

koolkid wrote:
    I dont want to I am just looking at options...
    Why should i give my business to somebody who is not even capable of making a simple delivery?

Any way according to BSC

"FINALLY: all the reasons above WILL NOT stop you from opting out from service. You CAN cancel it at any time, stating that service is not meeting your satisfaction. If you looking for complaints: Customer Care: 1800 200 481. Trust me this guys knows what they are talking about, they would be able to sort this thing out for ya.."

As Orla has pointed out in a wise post elsewhere BSC is obviously new and should not be relied on for advice. No matter who the Company is there can be problems with a delivery going wrong. Have you asked for a supervisor to discuss your problem with? Are you interested in getting it solved or do you just want to moan about it?

Why are you getting hostile with me Dub?
    I wast it solved of course either by getting the modem or taking my business else where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

koolkid wrote:
    Why are you getting hostile with me Dub?
    I wast it solved of course either by getting the modem or taking my business else where.

He's not exactly getting hostile with you.

I'd help you but I don't like your attitude.

orla wrote:
    He's not exactly getting hostile with you.

I'd help you but I don't like your attitude.

:confused::confused::confused:
    please explian what I have done??

You have broadband via your own modem. So in reality not getting the modem from Eircom is not a major issue - either your own or the Eircom one if you had received it would presumably lying idle. Presumably your broadband is not a problem??????

After all I presume that you signed up with Eircom for their broadband and not the modem?

So what is the point in exploring cancelling your contract etc etc.

Every so often deliveries go astray no matter how perfect the company is.

Enjoy your broadband and stop moaning here and get on to a supervisor in Eircom and get your bloody modem delivery sorted out.

There are people on here everyday in the hope of being able to get bb - you have it enjoy it!:rolleyes:

Advertisement