Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery Prep

Options
  • 24-07-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I have three indoor cats and they'll all be off on a little holiday to stay in a cattery for a couple of days soon.
    Their boosters are all now up-to-date and I've bought a flea spray but I also need to worm them.
    As they are indoor cats I don't have any experience with wormers so can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the different brands of cat wormers?
    Do any come more recommended than others? I'll treat them before they go and as soon as is safe to do so when they get back (don't want them to OD!)

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

My vet recently got in Advantage spot on, that does fleas as well as worms and has the advantage of a spot-on, i.e you just drop the contents of the little tube on the neck, my lot usually doesn't even notice they have been medicated :-). Effectiveness is guaranteed for a month but probably will last up to 6 weeks and longer. No more manhandling unwilling cats to get that huge Drontal wormer tab down their throats (they are too clever by far to take it mixed in food etc.).
    Generally speating, Drontal is regarded as an excellent wormer. But its a fairly large tablet and my cats will detect it mixed in food at a distance of 20 m and won't touch it.

Advertisement